Hiking Buddy Or Esquire?

Nice looking hiking buddy I think there the perfect size for edc I carry mine all the time!!
Jou fuu made a great little pocket sheath with a deep carry clip for me great combo

I haven't read through all of the thread yet, and I see that you already picked up a Hiking Buddy, but I had the amazing opportunity to check out a large number of the Forge's EDC offerings. Check it out here. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-3-1-2-edc-share.1477680/

Edit: read through the thread. Nice choice on the HB. It was mentioned, but maybe you missed it. If the Hiking Buddy doesn't quite do it for you definitelyut the Monarch. It's essentially a larger Esquire.

The Hiking Buddy is the model that I first stumbled upon on the internet and what drew me to Fiddleback. I didn’t end up getting one for quite a while though. I had other models first (one of which was an Esquire) but eventually ended up with my Hiking Buddy. I love mine, it’s my favorite knife.

I ended up selling the Esquire, I too have a size L hand and it just didn’t fit right where the butt of the handle hit my hand. The HB however was perfect. I still hope to find an Esquire that fits my hand just right. It is an awesome profile.

Welcome aboard!

The Shatz, thanks!
Yesterday I purchased a Fiddleback Runt in A2 from Jou fuu and also had the chance to look at his work. All of it was top tier quality!
(Yeah I know x2 Fiddlebacks in x2 days makes it look like I have a problem------- that' because I do! Lol)
This place sets a bad example for people who are easily distracted by the knife jewellery! : )

The Shatz, thanks!
Yesterday I purchased a Fiddleback Runt in A2 from Jou fuu and also had the chance to look at his work. All of it was top tier quality!
(Yeah I know x2 Fiddlebacks in x2 days makes it look like I have a problem------- that' because I do! Lol)
This place sets a bad example for people who are easily distracted by the knife jewellery! : )

The Runt is by far and away my most carried and used Fiddleback. It is the clear second place to me.

Odeon, how does one restrain himself from not spending all his money on knives when you are surrounded by so many awesome pieces!?
I would have an absolute field day if I had the chance to fondle so many fiddlebacks! Most of the time it' a crap shoot when ordering online.

Odeon, how does one restrain himself from not spending all his money on knives when you are surrounded by so many awesome pieces!?
I would have an absolute field day if I had the chance to fondle so many fiddlebacks! Most of the time it' a crap shoot when ordering online.

It took some restraint indeed! Luckily for my wallet I'm pretty picky!

Jerry, and the rest of the group that graciously sent me knives to check out gave me quick the opportunity to make a list of "to buy models". So far I've checked 2 knives off that list! Haha.

A Hiking Buddy was the first Fiddleback Forge knife I carried as an EDC. I bought it at Blade 8 years ago. I prefer the Esquire I carry now as an urban EDC, for the environments I'm most often in, but would likely take the HB if I were more rural again.

Odeon, how does one restrain himself from not spending all his money on knives when you are surrounded by so many awesome pieces!?.

If you figure out how to restrain yourself, please let me know..... On second thought, don’t:)

I started out wanting one, but ended up with four since August and my “want” list seems to grow by the day.

i know you have bought your "one" but....
2v2J9B4SkxurAoi.jpg

2v2J9B49TxurAoi.jpg

2v2J9BMGGxurAoi.jpg

2v2J9BMyCxurAoi.jpg

2v2J9BizRxurAoi.jpg

all that said...Both

The Monarch has a blade roughly HB size and the same shape as the Esquire, only a bit wider. Its a lot more knife than the Esquire. I carry one.

Back