Hinderer Spanto for edc ?

Wait,...you carry an xm-24 and never cut Things with it?!! How do you know it's even sharp then? Lol use your knife bro. It's an expensive paper weight if you don't use it for what it was intended for.
I usually carry three knives. A SAK Classic for small tasks, trimming nails etc., A ZT for everyday cutting tasks, and the XM-24 on the hip. I don't want to go cut a bunch of rope or other stuff and dull my XM-24 down and find I have to pull it and not be able to cut through a leather jacket or something like that.

Cutting stuff.... it's great. Slicing stuff, not so much.

Great knife, well built and looks amazing. Just depends on what you do with your knives each day?

Have been using a s30v Spyderco PM2 to cut open bags of mulch lately. Maybe I sharpened the edge to too small degrees. Man it microchips like hell. I imagine a hinderer xm18 3.5 would be a better choice for the task.
I actually lost a 1/4” off the tip of my first PM2 using at work to cut bags, insulation, rubber hose etc. how I found out Spyderco refuses to do blade replacements. I’ve accidentally dropped my XM18 off a roof hit a EP Henry garden wall, and lent it to a buddy cutting straps off of bundles of trim and he left it on truck and boss drove away I found it in corner of parking lot. Been through hell and only minor scratches so for me a heavy duty tank, is better than something fragile so all depends on how hard you use your tools.

Back