Hogue Deka Limited edition

Hogue told me the copper version was only for Blade show, so I guess I'll wait until they make one similar or go without

Just ordered. I have had two grips and sold both, but my hogue Ritter is a tank and going to stay. If they build this one the same way I can totally see it being a winner.

Unboxed it.
Blade shape and handles are nice, feels good in hand. Fasteners are all T8. There is a bunch of them on this little knife.
But, blade is not centered and the lockbar is crooked. Same problem on my Ritter, one of the springs is sprung.(Wolff springs?)
There is a dark spot on the blade.Heat treatment?
Blade thickness is 2.35mm, not 2.54mm (.100").
Thumb studs cannot be taken off without a special tool.(no Torx or Hex)
2 bolt pocket clip is very thin and proprietary. I would prefer 3 bolt clip.

Disappointed. I was hoping this knife would be better than this.
I am sending this back. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Unboxed it.
Blade shape and handles are nice, feels good in hand. Fasteners are all T8. There is a bunch of them on this little knife.
But, blade is not centered and the lockbar is crooked. Same problem on my Ritter, one of the springs is sprung.(Wolff springs?)
There is a dark spot on the blade.Heat treatment?
Blade thickness is 2.35mm, not 2.54mm (.100").
Thumb studs cannot be taken off without a special tool.(no Torx or Hex)
2 bolt pocket clip is very thin and proprietary. I would prefer 3 bolt clip.

Disappointed. I was hoping this knife would be better than this.
I am sending this back. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Ew. Mine should be here Saturday. Hoping for a better first impression. Out of curiosity which configuration was yours? I got the plain black with satin blade

Damn, that’s disappointing. Very cool design let down by poor execution. Kinda sounds like a lot of Benchmades ;)

Damn, that’s disappointing. Very cool design let down by poor execution. Kinda sounds like a lot of Benchmades ;)
Too bad they had to copy BMs QC, should have stopped after the lock lol. Still love the hogue ritter though, they got that one right.

Back