Horton Knives....FIREARMS CHAT THREAD 3

One news about SD right in the Czech you might like: On New Year's Eve, at about 1:30 am, a 63-year old guy's GPS garage alarm went off. He grabbed his CZ75 and went to see what's up, meeting three deeply tanned young guys there. They begged him to let them go, but he said "sorry guys, I'm calling the police". After this, one of the thieves deployed his knife and charged. That's when the shooting began. The defender was cut on his head, the guy with the knife was dead, the other attacker was stumbling away shot-wounded, and the third one fled unharmed. The defender called the police and ER. So far, so good. But what happened next: The defender was NOT charged with killing a thief and injuring the other one, he even hasn't been taken in the temporary custody and it seems he will NOT be charged with inappropriate self-defense, either. :eek: Unbelievable. Usually, in such cases, defenders were arrested, having their guns confiscated, have been charged with the above mentioned crimes + "racially motivated crime" - because the thieves are usually young deeply tanned guys, that according to the government, courts and some NGO's need to be "tolerated due to their cultural distinctions" and "protected against the social majority" :barf:
One leftist newspaper issued an article called "Shooting murderer going unarrested", which is also quite usual media approach to such cases here; but this time, they got bashed badly for this from both the state attorney and public. The politicians even start to talk about castle doctrine being a good thing and that they can imagine "an American SD model applied" here, meaning that it should be only the thieve's responsibility getting shot at and killed when caught red-handed on the defender's property. WTF? :eek: I only hope this is not an exception :thumbup:

On a more pessimist note, the public opinion has long enough been that the laws and courts here protect more criminals than their victims, and now the politicians just might want to populisticly flow with the stream, but whatever - if they keep listening to the taxpayers' voice like this, I'm OK with it.

^ I wish our judges would rule in the same way,,,

Here's my new pistol,,, Glock 19 GEN3,,, why GEN3 ? It's the same pistol I carry on the job, it's the proven design and the GEN4 doesn't add anything which would benefit me imho,,,

6659427631_08b095c838_z.jpg

6659428539_d30030a2c2_z.jpg

Today I cleaned it from factory grease and Thursday is range time ! :D

Thanks,,, the Gen3 was more difficult to come by then the Gen4 btw,,, but my local gunshop went the extra distance for me and got it via an importer who normally only delivers to law enforcement,,, otherwise I'd had to wait 'till mid February,,,

No problem, buddy. Any other questions, I'm almost always here. I cant wait to see your finished product.

Last edited:
Jamescaan,

Thanks and yes I will post up pics
As soon as I get it and a memory
Card for our camera as well as my
Other firearms...hk usp 45, kahr cw40
And a ruger redhawk 44 mag ...
I should have the colt by the end of
Next month cant wait ! By the way
Do you guys got any rocommendations
On ammo ? Im leaning towards some
Lake city ammo I saw on ammotogo
For 150 bucks for 500 round fmj or 420
Rounds of xm855 150 both from lake city

Frank

Last edited:
Lake City is good stuff. Check Ammoman.com, too. I dont shoot anything steel cased or non reloadable (match chambers in mine, and I'm picky. Why spend that much on something, then feed it crap?). If you want to see its accuracy potential, try out some Federal Gold Medal Match. It turns mine into a laser beam. Most of the time, I shoot ammo loaded by a buddy of mine who used to do it for a living. If he starts loading for a living again, I'll PM you his contact info. I was getting custom loaded match ammo for around 62c a round shipped. Cheaper when I'd pick up the brass and send back. I'll get you a picture of his handiwork.

Just noticed you are in Albequerque(sp), if you ever get to West Texas, we'll have to go shoot.

Yes ill check out ammoman !
Thanks for the invite to shoot !
Federal gold match is I good round
That much I have heard ! Any opinion
On the winchester ranger rifle ammo
I run it in my hk and kahr and I like
It and from what im seeing they got
A few different loads including a match
Round ... And yes post that pic of your
Friends work !

Frank

Ive never shot the Winchester ranger rifle ammo, sorry. For the most part, I'm not all that picky as long as its brass cased.

Jamescaan,

I run the ranger ammo in my hk usp 45
And my kahr cw40 but the ranger I got in 40 cal is not the ranger t bullet from
What I found its a f.b.i training round !
To me the bullet looks like a winchester
Silver point without the silver and its 155 grain bullet where as the ranger t
Bullet only comes in 165 & 180 grains

Frank

Grunt soldier,

How do you like that P90 ? I guy in town
Has a P90 & a FN fiveseven pistol plus
2800 5.7 rounds for
Sale for $4000 ...
a little to rich for my
Blood but from what
I hear thats a pretty
Good deal ! ...

Frank

I really dig the round. it's great. no recoil, good ballistics and can go for a couple hundred meters. I love the p90. the only down side is if you get your face up by the end of the magazine there and have a goatee it will often be pinched lol. I also have a ar57 and the 57 pistol.

it depends on the ammo that he is offering. if it was ss192 or ss195 or black tips lol. and which pistol model it is, there are 3 and each one worth a different amount. also which p90 is it. the trirail or does it have the holo sight. 4k seems a bit high to me also but with out all the specifics it's hard to say. either way they are great guns and a blast to shoot.

^yet another fine firearm produced in Belgium and illegal for belgian citizens to own,,,

Back