I have no clue which models they are !
His ad reads "FN P90 and fiveseven
Pistol for sale with 2,800 5.7 rounds
Total for package is $4,000 call ...."

Just seen your post of the P90 while
Reading the paper and thought i'd
Ask how you like it !

Frank

yeah he would need to provide a lot more details. I will say I do love mine though. it's a blast too shoot and you have 50 rounds. mag changes take a bit of getting use to. it's a rifle my wife likes to shoot since it has such a limited recoil, yet still has enough punch to be a very useful weapon

I just bought one of those CAA Tactical RONI-G1 Kit for my Glock19,,, yes, I know it would have been cheaper to buy a 9x19 carbine, but try and get a permit for such a thing overhere,,, :rolleyes:

For those who don't know what I'm talking about,,,
[video=youtube;9Fdw1aUPwhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fdw1aUPwhY[/video]

Gonna put a Bushnell TRS-25 reddot on it, but would also like some iron back-up sights,,, any recommondations which won't break the bank ? Flip-up not really necessary, I think,,, and co-witnessing would be a bonus,,,

The RONI has a picatinny rail on top to accept accessoires,,,

Chibbi nice choice the roni is a great conversion. We actually have to have a permit (well annoying tax stamp) for that set up over here.

The best cheap back up iron sights IMO are LMT. Not flip ups but they are rugged and can be found for around 70-90 dollars for the set. Or magpuls flip ups aren't bad but they are a polymer

Funny that for once overhere it doesn't require anything extra to buy/own the RONI kit and you have to get a tax stamp,,, must be the only time something firearm related is easier overhere,,,

Looking at those LMT and Magpul sights,,, like the look of the Magpuls best, but as you say, the LMT's are true iron sights,,, difficult choice,,,

yeah the LMT has a lot more adjustability? is that a word lol. if you look around and wait you can find them a lot cheaper. I picked up a set not to long ago for 65 bucks (shipping for you might run a bit more) and really you probably don't need all that since it will be going on a 9 mil. the magpuls will probably be just fine for you.

Grunt,

I have never shot a P90 or the fiveseven
what would you compare the recoil to ?
I had a 12 gauge as my hd gun but the
Wife said she would be afraid to use it
So I got her a bersa 380 ! Nice little gun
For the money ! So maybe the P90 will
Better for her ? ...

Frank

anyone have suggestions for a red dot? thinking of putting one on my Sig 229, but I want a good one

anyone have exp. with crimson trace? thats kinda what I'm looking at, but honestly dont have much knowledge on the subject

anyone have suggestions for a red dot? thinking of putting one on my Sig 229, but I want a good one

anyone have exp. with crimson trace? thats kinda what I'm looking at, but honestly dont have much knowledge on the subject

Crimson Trace makes good lasers, didn't know they made red dots.

Crimson Trace makes good lasers, didn't know they made red dots.

Is probable that I'm confused on even that much of the subject! what I'm wanting is when I point my firearm at a target, a little red dot appears on what I'm pointing at. it would be nice if it was adjustable, too.

I looked at the lasermax too, but it seemed like it would move around a lot, and probably get fouled up. or am I way off base?

Grunt,

I have never shot a P90 or the fiveseven
what would you compare the recoil to ?
I had a 12 gauge as my hd gun but the
Wife said she would be afraid to use it
So I got her a bersa 380 ! Nice little gun
For the money ! So maybe the P90 will
Better for her ? ...

Frank

if you get some good ammo the 5.7 does some solid damage. and she can easily get accuracy by volume lol. it's recoil is basically that of a 22mag in a rifle. as far as handguns go it's probably pretty close to that of a 22 mag also (maybe a tiny bit more) it's nothing really. It would be solid choice. 50 rounds, of any ammo is serious business imo.

my wife had the same gripe for a pistol. she didn't want to shoot the 40 or 45 so I bought her the new keltec pmr30. the 22 mag that has 30 rounds. and then throw a light on it. load it up with cci 30 gr maxi mags and put a extra mag by it :)

@Mr.Night: do you want the red dot to physically appear on your target ? then you need a Laser Sight. If you only want to see a red dot on your target when looking through your sights, then you need a Reflex Sight / Red Dot Scope / Holo Sight. Imho the latter are much superior 'cause too bright a surrounding would easily make it that you wont see your laser dot on your target and also the target will see the dot too !

Is probable that I'm confused on even that much of the subject! what I'm wanting is when I point my firearm at a target, a little red dot appears on what I'm pointing at. it would be nice if it was adjustable, too.

I looked at the lasermax too, but it seemed like it would move around a lot, and probably get fouled up. or am I way off base?

So you want to project a red dot to the target? Lasermax makes lasers also. I know the crimson trace are good lasers, and adjustable. Havn't messed with any lasermax products. A laser really shows you how unsteady your hands are,,,:D

Then you have to decide if you want green or red. Not sure if CT makes green yet though,,, :eek:

@Mr.Night: do you want the red dot to physically appear on your target ? then you need a Laser Sight. If you only want to see a red dot on your target when looking through your sights, then you need a Reflex Sight / Red Dot Scope / Holo Sight. Imho the latter are much superior 'cause too bright a surrounding would easily make it that you wont see your laser dot on your target and also the target will see the dot too !

So you want to project a red dot to the target? Lasermax makes lasers also. I know the crimson trace are good lasers, and adjustable. Havn't messed with any lasermax products. A laser really shows you how unsteady your hands are,,,:D

Then you have to decide if you want green or red. Not sure if CT makes green yet though,,, :eek:

Looks like a laser is what I'm wanting. I like the crimson trace, just wanted to know if they were worth it, or if there was something wildly better out there.

thanks for the replies men.

Grunt,

I have heard of the 5.7
Going through body armor
And for that reason i also heard thats why the
Mexican drug cartels are
Using it but I dont know
If there is any truth to that !
We tried many handguns
Including a few keltec models she liked the bersa the
Most !

Frank

Grunt,

I have heard of the 5.7
Going through body armor
And for that reason i also heard thats why the
Mexican drug cartels are
Using it but I dont know
If there is any truth to that !
We tried many handguns
Including a few keltec models she liked the bersa the
Most !

Frank

with the right ammo it definitely will. it's a great round. it is what a lot of the secret service folks run. they get em chopped way down and rock em under their jackets. you can't even tell. they have the full auto boys and there is literally no muzzle rise at all lol.

and to keep up with the thread :) my new horton with some older toys

DSCN0368.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

Check out what I just got! WOOT! Now I just gotta scope the damn thing...

IMG_4612.jpg

Last edited:
Hey jamescaan,

Details man details ! Btw
Very nice ! How much is
Ammo going to cost for
That beast ?

Frank

Its a Desert Tactical Stealth Recon System. It is a switch barrel rifle, you can youtoube videos of how fast the barrel changes are. I got the "deployment kit" with 308 and 338 barrels, tool kit, hard sided case, etc... 308 is cheap enough to shoot, the 338 Lapua looks like 4-8 bucks a shot for match ammo. It wont get shot much, haha.

Back