Horton Knives,,, Official Flashlight Snob Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey buds.

I need some help and I don't want to read through all million pages of this thread. :D

I have a good pocket light. I need a good bag light.

My requirements:

No bigger than say about 6-7 inches.

300 lumens +

Under $100.

Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Thanks Guys.

Heavy, I'm a big fan of the Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M60 drop in. You get a conservative 235 lumens (out the front). The light has great throw and plenty of spill. If you get a regular 6P (not LED) and the drop in, it will be slightly over $100.

Heavy, I'm a big fan of the Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M60 drop in. You get a conservative 235 lumens (out the front). The light has great throw and plenty of spill. If you get a regular 6P (not LED) and the drop in, it will be slightly over $100.

If you wait a couple weeks for the Malkoff,,,

Expect to see some M61 XP-G prototypes begin to trickle out in 2-3 weeks. I don't have any specs for these yet. Expect them to be brighter and more efficient than the current M60's.

Part of an E-Mail from Gene. :)

I built a mutt :)

Quark Turbo Head - 18650 Body - Tactical Tailcap - 230 lumen high / .2 lumen low - re-chargeable battery for around $120.

I built a mutt :)

Quark Turbo Head - 18650 Body - Tactical Tailcap - 230 lumen high / .2 lumen low - re-chargeable battery for around $120.

tard.jpg

i guess i should stay in my lane and out of this thread. i get confused easily

Thanks for the update Truk. I ordered a drop in from malkoff for my 6 D maglight. But I want to get one of those new ones for my 6P.

So what is up with McGizmo's? Are they just kind of trendy, or do they perform really well?

Thanks for the update Truk. I ordered a drop in from malkoff for my 6 D maglight. But I want to get one of those new ones for my 6P.

So what is up with McGizmo's? Are they just kind of trendy, or do they perform really well?

Don't know, they are damn nice. But too much $$$$ for me. :)

Thanks, I was just curious about them. I know they are small and look cool....but I have no idea how many lumens or how long they last. I never even priced em out.

Yea sorry, I saw what they were going for and stopped looking. Never even looked at the specs. I believe they are made out of Titanium, but thats all I know about them. They do seem to have a big following at CPF. :)

Yea sorry, I saw what they were going for and stopped looking. Never even looked at the specs. I believe they are made out of Titanium, but thats all I know about them. They do seem to have a big following at CPF. :)

Thanks I'll do some reading just out of interest in how they compare to Surefires with a malkoff mod.

Those McGizmos are really expensive.
They do look really cine and well built.
Its hard for the newbie flashaholic to decipher
his "data sheets" about the various lights he has.
from what I gather,its not so much about
the brightness,its about the color and beam pattern of his lights.
I was thinking about getting one a while back,but
thats just ridiculous for me to have a 500 dollar pocket flashlight.
its not like you can pick up chicks with it or anything.
I'll stick with my teeny single cell Preon and fenix p2d/l1d
and of course,Jeremy's old surefire 6P with malkoff drop in.

Those McGizmos are really expensive.
They do look really cine and well built.
Its hard for the newbie flashaholic to decipher
his "data sheets" about the various lights he has.
from what I gather,its not so much about
the brightness,its about the color and beam pattern of his lights.
I was thinking about getting one a while back,but
thats just ridiculous for me to have a 500 dollar pocket flashlight.
its not like you can pick up chicks with it or anything.
I'll stick with my teeny single cell Preon and fenix p2d/l1d
and of course,Jeremy's old surefire 6P with malkoff drop in.

WOA!!! $500?!! No need to look into McGizmos. I though they might be in the $200 dollar range. Thanks for saving me time Fug.

WOA!!! $500?!! No need to look into McGizmos. I though they might be in the $200 dollar range. Thanks for saving me time Fug.

:D I told ya. $200 dollar range is a used Milky light. McGizmo's are $$$$$. Could you imagine losing that sucker? :eek:

:D I told ya. $200 dollar range is a used Milky light. McGizmo's are $$$$$. Could you imagine losing that sucker? :eek:

That would not make me a happy camper. I lost my first Caly3 and that was irritating. I couldn't imagine loosing something that costs 5 times that!

They're like Sebenza's if no one has compared that to them yet. Expensive, but exquisitely crafted. Not the brightest, or the longest running, but durable and made of some of the best materials available.

They're like Sebenza's if no one has compared that to them yet. Expensive, but exquisitely crafted. Not the brightest, or the longest running, but durable and made of some of the best materials available.

They do look great, and are nice and compact. But I cannot spend 5 c notes on a flashlight. Maybe in a few years. But I prefer Hortons and Busses for now.

They do look great, and are nice and compact. But I cannot spend 5 c notes on a flashlight. Maybe in a few years. But I prefer Hortons and Busses for now.

Yeah - If they see the flashlight before they see the light - what is the point?

M60F on the way. I'll be flooding rooms with a 20 degree optic soon.

So I hooked up my 4D maglight from about 10 years ago. Put a Malkoff Drop in this old but beefy light, and woa!!! She is bright. I love Malkoff products, and can't wait for the 6P to arrive in stock. I'll try to post some pics comparing the two lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back