Horton Knives,,, Official Flashlight Snob Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice carrot!

Malkoff put up a few pre-production M61s on CPF today, I had a friend try to get one for me with no luck, they were gone in a flash. Malkoff told me he gets alot more spill and nearly the same throw as the M60 but with more lumens and 2 hours of run time. The M61 production drop in will be available in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

I've got a question for you experts out there....

I'm looking at 4 sevens Quark flashlights. whats the difference between R2 and R5?

they seemed to be priced about the same with the same lumens,,,,, so what is it that I dont know?

also, does anyone know the difference between the tactical and regular versions of their lights? they look about the same to me, or am I just simple?

thanks in advance mangs

Have to weigh in here finally. First time poster, long time listener/lookie loo.
I carry an E2L Outdoorsman with an added on impact crown for mashing potatoes and breaking car glass if needed. Also have an older A2 Aviator incandescent in my camping gear. I like the low light green LEDs built in to it for map reading in the vehicle. :thumbup:

Have to weigh in here finally. First time poster, long time listener/lookie loo.
I carry an E2L Outdoorsman with an added on impact crown for mashing potatoes and breaking car glass if needed. Also have an older A2 Aviator incandescent in my camping gear. I like the low light green LEDs built in to it for map reading in the vehicle. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds cool,
got a picture of it?

Hey guys- just wondering if anybody has any experience with Tiablo lights? I've got one coming in a trade I did for watch and a folder I'm not using.

This model, the TLR-1s, looked like pretty good bang for the buck.
I bought a couple and will give a report on them after they arrive.

tlr1s_enlarged.jpg

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=178#

Very nice carrot!

Malkoff put up a few pre-production M61s on CPF today, I had a friend try to get one for me with no luck, they were gone in a flash. Malkoff told me he gets alot more spill and nearly the same throw as the M60 but with more lumens and 2 hours of run time. The M61 production drop in will be available in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

That's cool. I've still got two Surefire 6P's to upgrade, so I'll just wait. Thanks for the FYI.

Where are you floggers buying your CR123's these days?

Sounds like the M60 is a thing of the past. I have one on my AR and an M60F for indoors. I'm guessing the M61 will have a flood somewhere in between, only brighter. I'm seeing close to 300 lumens on some posts even though Gene advertises a more conservative 260 lumens.

What? You flockers aren't watching curling and checking BFC from your phones?

Been down with a bug, and today was a day of just taking it easy.

Where are you floggers buying your CR123's these days?

I just bought some from BatteryJunction
RAYOVAC-CR123A-RL123A Rayovac CR123A 3 Volt Photo Lithium Battery RL123A 14 1.35 18.90
TITANIUM-CR123A-DOUBLE Titanium Innovations CR123A 3V Lithium Photo Battery 1400mah (Double Pack 6V) 2 2.00 4.00

that second one is a doublecell cr123. its 2 cells put together,figured
i would try that for the 6P I got from Jeremy.
(haven wore out the first set of batteries yet)

What? You flockers aren't watching curling and checking BFC from your phones?

Been down with a bug, and today was a day of just taking it easy.

Sorry to hear that
I saw an episode of man vs wild,
Bear Grylls recommends a brackish water enima
to clean you out.

I just bought some from BatteryJunction
RAYOVAC-CR123A-RL123A Rayovac CR123A 3 Volt Photo Lithium Battery RL123A 14 1.35 18.90
TITANIUM-CR123A-DOUBLE Titanium Innovations CR123A 3V Lithium Photo Battery 1400mah (Double Pack 6V) 2 2.00 4.00

that second one is a doublecell cr123. its 2 cells put together,figured
i would try that for the 6P I got from Jeremy.
(haven wore out the first set of batteries yet)

Battery Junction is temporarily on the mat.

Dear Customer,

At 3:30 AM on 2/17 there was a fire in our building that has forced us to temporarily suspend operations.

As a result we are not accepting new orders at this time.

We value your business and are working diligently to restore full service as quickly as possible.

We estimate that we will be able to resume normal operations in mid-March and will be posting updates regularly to this space.

Because of the exceptionally high email volume being received we are not able to answer to your inquiries in our standard same or next day response time. We beg your patience as we are doing our best to repond to your inquiries in the shortest possible time.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.

Sincerely,
BatteryJunction.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back