Hot damn! One month challenge! Damascus edition!

Alright! I’m in!
Also, thanks modernflame for the offer on fixing the knife. I’ll take care of it. Probably first order of business tonight before it goes back to the knife case.

I'm very interested in everyone's observations about your experience. How did the steel perform? Did you have to sharpen? What results did you get and with what abrasives? What do you think about the Sebenza more generally? How did the knife wear over the last month? What knife is going into your pocket now that you've completed the challenge?

It's a gorgeous knife Eric Alp Eric Alp . After looking at it for a month, I volunteer to fix the tip. Just going to leave that out there. 😁

I did this challenge just days after owning my first Damascus knife. I’ve always loved the look of them and wanted to own and use one.
I found the knife a joy to carry and use and was actually really impressed with the performance of the blade/Steel. I found it very comparable to S35VN but with an even toothier edge. Retention was good and as was said maintaining it was a breeze! I didn’t have to sharpen and only stropped on cardboard a couple time during the month.
I carried and used it for all my cutting both at work and home and if I wasn’t a knife guy I’d say I’d be happy with it as an only folder.
All in all a great knife and experience. I’m not sure I’ll keep it as it really doesn’t fit my collection but glad I had it.

As for what I’ll carry the rest of the year?

Large PJ 21 Insingo goes into my pocket this afternoon.

Looking forward to the the Inkosi month and know it will be awesome putting the WC to work. I love the Inkosi, such an incredible knife.

I'm very interested in everyone's observations about your experience. How did the steel perform? Did you have to sharpen? What results did you get and with what abrasives? What do you think about the Sebenza more generally? How did the knife wear over the last month? What knife is going into your pocket now that you've completed the challenge?

It's a gorgeous knife Eric Alp Eric Alp . After looking at it for a month, I volunteer to fix the tip. Just going to leave that out there. 😁

I personally really like the steel on this knife mainly because it takes a really really keen edge with little effort. I sharpened it day one to make sure I had a good edge for the month and haven't touched it since. The Sebenza along with the Inkosi continue to be my favorite knives and this month only made that opinion more concrete. At this point my dammy has so many snail trails on scratches on the blade I'm not really sure when I add a new one. I guess in summary all I have to say is not bad for a rusty piece of sh**.

My Inkosi challenge thread will allow 25s!

(Because that's what they are. They are not Sebenzas).
Well than in order to level the playing field for our friend Eric Alp Eric Alp (and just to be obstinate) I too shall carry a SEBENZA 25 in the upcoming ” Inkosi” challenge! I read on the internet it is a Sebenza and they can not put it on the internet unless its true!

So to avoid the obvious advantage the Inkosi carriers would have over the less robust and inferior Sebenza with just one in the field, I will stand beside our Inkosi lacking comrade. The only question I have is…how does a guy that owns 2 Regulars and an Original not have a freaking Inkosi???? Im thinking we may need a Go Fund Me…..

Last edited:
Well than in order to level the playing field for our friend Eric Alp Eric Alp (and just to be obstinate) I too shall carry a SEBENZA 25 in the upcoming ” Inkosi” challenge! I read on the internet it is a Sebenza and they can not put it on the internet unless its true!

So to avoid the obvious advantage the Inkosi carriers would have over the less robust and inferior Sebenza with just one in the field, I will stand beside our Inkosi lacking comrade. The only question I have is…how does a guy that owns 2 Regulars and an Original not have a freaking Inkosi???? Im thinking we may need a Go Fund Me…..
I started my own Inkosi challenge six days ago in the Inkosi Appreciation thread. I hadn’t planned on it, but now I’m on a roll and have to keep going. Sorry guys, but I had to leave you in the dust.

L

Listen, like yourself. I am focused on acquiring every model of the Sebenza and then I am done! (So I tell my wife). We’ll see what happens in the future. But all for a go fund me to get me my first inkosi!😂🤣😂

Back