How About an HI Giveaway?

I thought this might be a fun (first?) for the Cantina. Here's the deal: next week it will be 6 months since our friend Dick Singer aka Sogguy passed on. He was a great guy and one of the most generous folks I have had the pleasure to know.

This was one of his knives, kind of an odd duck. Dick wanted much of his HI stuff given away, and this is the last one he sent me, so that's what we'll do.

This is a Neem handled seax, 14" and 13 oz., with red leather sheath. Looks like a fun project knife, or just leave it stock.

Dick or someone added some finger grooves to the left side of the grip. This knife is set up for a right hander for sure. I have smoothed out and widened the original grooves, but then had the good sense to leave it alone. Customize it or not as you like.

This is not a sale, auction or dealer promotion, and I double checked with Nasty 1st to make sure handling it this way was OK. It's Dick stopping by to give one of his knives away at one of his favorite places. He's even covering the shipping to the winner! ;) :D :thumbup: (free ship to US and Canada only please; sorry! :confused:)

So, if you're interested, please respond to this post and pick a number between 1 and 100. If you have any memories of Dick please share them if you like.

I'll fire up the random number generator when all the #'s have been taken.

Here's a couple of pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, ready, get set, and ....!! :D

N.

Here are the numbers taken as of 16:50 hours PST on Friday 6/01:

11 NUMBERS LEFT

1 - Xinel
2 - Raining
3 - Nagod
4 - Shann
5 - lizzardbone
6 - Eric006
7 - Yvsa
8 - Hamon
9 - Maddawg918
10 - David Farmer
11 - Morimotom
12 - Micky
13 - JStrider
14 - Seaice
15 - ShadowchaserUFP
16 - Kamkazmoto
17 - lefthandblack
18 - Myers6541
19 - Mohd
20 - MisterSat
21 - Aliloff
22 - Kamagong
23 - SamuraiDave
24 - Azis
25 - Novadak
26 - thegreattrollking
27 - mamav
28 - Rat Finkenstein
29 - Moff8
30 - Ironballs
31 - CyrusArdain
32 - Tedwca
33 - Mr. Ad Astra!
34 - Nasty
35 - HorizonSon
36 - Xaero
37 - Shappa
38 - Tony22r
39 - robo19x
40 - Lil' Foo
41 - Kronckew
42 - Aquacopter
43 - Dave Hahn
44 - xxx-T-Bag-xxx
45 - ArchAngel
46 - Jack M
47 - BBulat
48 - M. Taylor
49 - Wolf 1989
50 - Martini
51 - Mike L.
52 - Johngalt
53 - Souped
54 - halfserrated
55 - Skyler
56 - Squiggi305
57 - Nitestocker
58 - Guyon
59 - mrtgbnkr
60 - Raindog_Outdoors
61 - Berkley
62 - Kismet Himself
63 - iamonespfn
64 - 007 Agent ZZero
65 - Tom Militano
66 - Cybrok
67 - jcorzine
68 - Dregoth
69 - Gun Snob
70 - ragingwolf66
71 - demon tessu
72 -
73 - andynaylor
74 - KnightBody
75 - Roadrunner
76 - Chambers
77 - Markksr
78 - Bill Sanders
79 - ACStudios
80 -
81 - Jaxx
82 -
83 -
84 - tjchung
85 - Tyr_Shadowblade
86 - Pbubsy
87 - Xgoldy
88 - Mackenzie4856
89 - ufp nmr
90 - A druid
91 -
92 -
93 -
94 - jefptw
95 -
96 -
97 -
98 - Firefighter880
99 - Nwallis
100 - rio

If I missed you please jump in! but I will spot check all posts again for the next update.

I didn't know Sogguy but he sounds like a wonderful person. I wish his family and friends the best. If I would chose a number it would be 42. I look forward to hearing fond stories about him.

I won't pick a number since I already have a kukri from Dick, but I would like to say that this is really wonderful of you Norm to carry on his last wish of spreading some HI joy.

i am also truly honored to have received a kukri from dick :)
im sorry i could not meet you in person. our thoughts are with you dick... we miss you :(

I never knew Dick, wish I could have.
Its a real pity that I missed meeting so many good people.
I think its great that their not forgotten.
Could I take number 1 please.

I won't pick a number since I already have a kukri from Dick, but I would like to say that this is really wonderful of you Norm to carry on his last wish of spreading some HI joy.

Thank you Skyler, but no big. Dick supplied the knives, so this is just a little time, and is fun to boot. :cool:

Norm

Thank you for remembering a good guy.

37 for me please.

and thanks for the giveaway.

Dick was one of the good guys..as is Norm. No number for me...just wanted to say it's good to see the good things continue.

I remember and miss Dick too, among others. :( OK, Norm, great idea. How about 33?

Mike

:thumbup: Thanks Dick, and Svashtar! What a wonderful way to be remembered. I'll take 75.

Didn't know Dick but I can imagine how much he was thought of here by the above posts. It's great to spread a love of blades to others. This is a super idea. No number for me.
DanR

I didn't know Dick, but I do remember reading Sogguy posts.

Thanks, Norm, for doing this. It would be an honor to have one of Dick's HIs.

Number 4, please.

Norm,
Thanks - a great way to remember Dick, and very much in keeping with the spirit of his sig line:
Only when the last tree is cut, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned will we realize, we can't eat money. Cree Proverb
Berk

The Seax is one of my favorite styles of blade, and this giveaway is a good thing. I would like to choose 85. Thank you.

Back