How about GB 2 sprints?

rpn

Gold Member
I got my GB 2 a couple months ago and it's been in my pocket non-stop. The handle shape, size, weight and grind make it an awesome edc for me and I could see having multiples in different steels.

Who's with me!?

Last edited:
I'd be in for one in something more stainless... I don't carry mine much in the summer because I sweat something crazy.

Maybe something on the tougher side of stainless? I've heard Elmax is supposed to be good for that? CPM154? Or I think Mr. Bradley likes PSF27, as on the Bradley Bowie and Junction?

If we're going to dream let's swing for the fence: Vanadis 4 extra with titanium liners, steel lockbar insert and dichrolam scales.

51028612_144940296521713_8249822589787360967_n.jpg

^ Dichrolam for the unfamiliar. ^

I'm all for a GB2 Sprint with M390/CPM 20CV/CTS 204P...or whatever is the stainless steel de jour...BUT...

...what I really want is an evolution, called it the GB3: a GB2 with compression lock, finger choil like the PM2, and whatever stainless steel de jour.

Sal is literally pulling his hair out and rolling his eyes with all you fellas,and then he remembers he's retired

I think I wouldn't mind just seeing it in a different color or full-ti version. Maybe slap it into an LW frame? I love M4, but stainless has a nice place too.

I have a hard time getting behind M390/20cv sprints at the moment. Not because there's anything wrong with them it's just that there are a ton of them right now. I think I would be more happy with a tougher stainless, or a salt version in LC200N which would be quite tough as well.

Great ideas here!

I just got the manix in cruwear and am enjoying that so far so that would be a nice one...or 3v, zdp...

Seeing a compression lock sounds good too!

Love the idea of titanium liners too

Last edited:
Compression lock - yep! Vanax steel... I sell a good deal of my collection to see this.

The GB should be the platform to show off Spyderco’s latest steels. The scales would be different either in material and/or finish for each steel.

At the same price point, I would be in on a stainless GB2. Elmax would be first choice, followed by XHP and then cpm154,PSF27...etc.

I like liner locks so please don't mess with the design. XHP is my first choice followed by Cru-Wear. This knife deserves some nice looking scales. There are plenty of choices. I like the Raffir Noble scales on the Chaparral.

A GB 3 with a compression lock and a good stainless steel (Elmax, XHP, M390, etc.) would be AMAZING!

Back