1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How about GB 2 sprints?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by rpn, Jul 19, 2019.

1. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    I got my GB 2 a couple months ago and it's been in my pocket non-stop. The handle shape, size, weight and grind make it an awesome edc for me and I could see having multiples in different steels.

Who's with me!?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    GatorFlash1 likes this.
  2. Skywalker31

Skywalker31

Feb 29, 2012
    I'd be in for one in something more stainless... I don't carry mine much in the summer because I sweat something crazy.

Maybe something on the tougher side of stainless? I've heard Elmax is supposed to be good for that? CPM154? Or I think Mr. Bradley likes PSF27, as on the Bradley Bowie and Junction?

4mer_FMF, GB940Rookie and Honed_Edge like this.
  3. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Good idea. I like the knife except the M4. Happy to take S30V anyday for my use.

4. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm waiting for my GB Salt.

GB940Rookie and kreole like this.
  5. 731Chopper

731Chopper Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2017
    I’d like a stainless option to pair with the original m4 version. The GB2 is a greatly underrated knife in my opinion. Probably just because it’s a liner lock.

Lapedog and Freedom Pullo like this.
  6. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    I’m in for a stainless GB2.

7. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    It certainly is a fantastic design. I’d buy one in different steels for sure.

CTS-XHP
    Polished micarta scales in different colors.

rpn, 4mer_FMF and amateur blacksmith like this.
  8. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    If we're going to dream let's swing for the fence: Vanadis 4 extra with titanium liners, steel lockbar insert and dichrolam scales.

[​IMG]

^ Dichrolam for the unfamiliar. ^

9. Mako109

Mako109

Dec 17, 2008
    I'm all for a GB2 Sprint with M390/CPM 20CV/CTS 204P...or whatever is the stainless steel de jour...BUT...

...what I really want is an evolution, called it the GB3: a GB2 with compression lock, finger choil like the PM2, and whatever stainless steel de jour.

rpn, bikerector, BITEME and 1 other person like this.
  10. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    This is a great idea, the GB2 is a great workhorse and I’m in for a stainless version

11. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Sal is literally pulling his hair out and rolling his eyes with all you fellas,and then he remembers he's retired

12. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I think I wouldn't mind just seeing it in a different color or full-ti version. Maybe slap it into an LW frame? I love M4, but stainless has a nice place too.

I have a hard time getting behind M390/20cv sprints at the moment. Not because there's anything wrong with them it's just that there are a ton of them right now. I think I would be more happy with a tougher stainless, or a salt version in LC200N which would be quite tough as well.

Freedom Pullo likes this.
  13. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    I’m in! Love my GB2!

14. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Great ideas here!

I just got the manix in cruwear and am enjoying that so far so that would be a nice one...or 3v, zdp...

Seeing a compression lock sounds good too!

Love the idea of titanium liners too

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  15. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Compression lock - yep! Vanax steel... I sell a good deal of my collection to see this.

16. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    The GB should be the platform to show off Spyderco’s latest steels. The scales would be different either in material and/or finish for each steel.

17. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    At the same price point, I would be in on a stainless GB2. Elmax would be first choice, followed by XHP and then cpm154,PSF27...etc.

18. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    I like liner locks so please don't mess with the design. XHP is my first choice followed by Cru-Wear. This knife deserves some nice looking scales. There are plenty of choices. I like the Raffir Noble scales on the Chaparral.

19. wright88

wright88 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2011
    A GB 3 with a compression lock and a good stainless steel (Elmax, XHP, M390, etc.) would be AMAZING!

20. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    How 'bout one in Maxamet? That tweaks my fancy!