How Did Benchmade Wind Up Licensing the "HOLE" for the AFCK!

Wow...a Military with all the necessities...I had an old style Mil. and sold it, but just bought a new style Mil. from a forumite, and I'm awaiting its arrival...As for the Axis, word is (thru. the gun-jerky show grapevine) that COld Steel is interested in it...I dunno...

--dan

I'm in Military, rolling lock, CPM-440V or any other type of steel that Sal proclaims. Blind Faith, sometimes.

WOW a blast from the past!

Yes a rolling lock would be the bomb!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

We have come to an agreement on the Rolling Lock with Bob Taylor. You should see a Rolling lock in the; Military, Military Jr, Starmate & the Lum Chinese folder. Early next year is the "rough" guess. (Now don't go givin' me sh*t about opening my mouth too soon).

Right now all of our attention is on the "Rench".

sal

Sal,

Any decision on the scales for the Chinese Folder yet? BTW I would be happy to test the prototype for you
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Clay - Bob has decided on a dark green "Almite" scale. Perhaps some gold leaf design added

sal

[This message has been edited by Sal Glesser (edited 18 September 1999).]

Thanks Sal,sounds great, although I think I would probably buy this knife if the scales were made from recycled Barbie dolls
smile.gif
. Now about testing the preproduction models........

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

I like the self adjusting idea on the military. When it self-adjusts all the way over the repair department can set it up again. Kinda cool. I also like the steel liner which will wear slower than Ti. Before Joe sets me on fire I will say that for the first two weeks I owned the knife reliability was a huge concern, as the lock barely engaged the tang, or sometimes not at all. Two weeks of dynamic (flicking) openings sorted it out nicely. No more problems.
One question:

The BDC (cobalt and steel) is supposed to be more brittle than the 440v currently used. Could this be a liability on a hard use survival, last ditch kinda knife? Wouldn't you want toughness and edge holding and strength? I think it will be a better idea put a rolling lock on a 440v Military? (I KNOW they exist, no more to say tho'.) I mean for a daily user, BDC ok, but for the Military's intended purpose of apocolyptic survival tool?

please enlighten me.

pat

Back