how do YOU deal with gangs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JohnR7:
However, God is able to offer us some degree of protection. Look at the story of David and Golieth in the Bible. The Giant was quite a bit bigger than David and he had a sword, compared to David's sling shot. Yet David used the Giant's own sword to cut his head off, because God was with him and gave him the strength and the help he needed.</font>

Then, later;

This is in direct opposition to everything I believe in. I believe we should build up and strengthen, not tear down and destroy. Balisong Knives can be used to tear down and harm, or they can be used for good, as a tool to build and create with. Satire and humor in the same way, can be used for good, or they can be used to destroy.

Balisong knives and their owners have taken on the image of those who would do harm to others, who tear down and destroy. Many people on this forum have worked long and hard to overcome that bad image. But there are still enough immature people out there, doing stupid things with balisongs, that we still need to create a image that balisong owners are not all out to do harm and injury to others.

You do not have to have a loser in order to have a winner. In the business world, both people involved in a deal can benifit, and that makes both winners. In a confrontation, a winner is someone who does not get hurt. So you do not have to have a loser to have a winner. If both people walk away unharmed, then both are winners.

In my case sense "no weapon formed against me can prosper" then I have nothing to worry about. So my concern then is for others, to try and see to it that they are not harmed or injured in any way. Thanks, JohnR7

You see, I have patiently waited all of these months to catch you in absurdity. You don't even realize that these two passages are contradictory.

In your mad rush to use Christ to promote your Pacifism, you screwed up.

If...IF, "No weapon could be formed against a Believer," why was a weapon in the form of a Sword in a Giant's hand formed against David, eh? John?

You have used Christianity in the past, and I have blasted you for doing so, to promote YOUR view of religion and Pacifism.

I said earlier that faith should not take the place of skill, and you yourself must admit that David was skilled with a Sling. Not a Sling Shot, but a Sling. There is a difference.

Your thought patterns are so convoluted that I don't have alot to say to you anymore, when Razoredj called you a, "bizarre little man," he was telling the truth.

Do you even realize how stunningly absurd your arguments are?

You speak of weapons being used to "tear down and destroy," I would assume you realize that busting a Giant [Goliath] in the head with a slung stone and then taking said Giant's Sword and decapitating him is pretty much "tearing down and destroying."

You are incredibly strange John...incredibly strange...your thought patterns are beyond words at this point.

And make no mistake, if someone comes after me or my family, I will use a Balisong or anything else I can to destroy them and tear them down, that is, to systematically destroy their life if I have to.

And guess what John? It's not a sin either. It is suicide, a Self-killing to stand by and allow yourself to be killed.

------------------
Usual Suspect™
"Ooh, see the fire is sweepin,' our very street today, burns like a red coal carpet, Mad Bull lost its way..."~R.S.
Knives & Stuff

Why is it that every nutjob with a computer thinks only he can see the the great big Capital T Truth?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">There is a difference between humor and satire.</font>

Uh...yeah. And at no time was my reference to Spaceballs, which happens to be a funny and silly and completely irrelevant movie, intended as satire. It was humor, you nutbar. How that warrants an attack of the nature you launched is totally bizarre, and indicates that you're a few clowns short of a circus.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Your brand of humor always needs a victom. </font>

References to Spaceballs victimize who, precisely?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Like the world federation of wrestling and Jerry Springer, the only way to "lift" yourself up and make yourself look big is to put other people down. You have to call me a "bazarre little man" in order to feel good about yourself. </font>

No, I already feel pretty good about myself, though I suppose we all have different days. I call you a bizarre little man because that is what you are -- someone who attaches entirely too much seriousness and significance to a reference to a freaking Mel Brooks movie, for crying out loud. You're obviously not sane. I mean, you're probably not bark-at-the-moon, wears-a-tinfoil-hat -to-block-the-aliens'-transmissions insane, but you're a few heat-resistant tiles short of safe reentry, buddy.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This is in direct opposition to everything I believe in. I believe we should build up and strengthen, not tear down and destroy.</font>

Whoopee.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Balisong Knives can be used to tear down and harm, or they can be used for good, as a tool to build and create with. Satire and humor in the same way, can be used for good, or they can be used to destroy.</font>

Spaceballs never hurt anyone, except maybe the careers of those involved. That you seem to take someone like Mel Brooks seriously is too strange to be believed.

And here's a news flash: John Candy didn't die because he was some high-powered Hollywood drug addict. He died because he was FAT. He had a heart attack because he was FAT. He got fatter and fatter throughout his life until it KILLED HIM. It had nothing to do with the entertainment industry, except maybe for the fact that his jobs in the industry paid for the food that made him FAT.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">In my case sense "no weapon formed against me can prosper" then I have nothing to worry about.</font>

Tell that to the next mugger you see.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So my concern then is for others, to try and see to it that they are not harmed or injured in any way. </font>

Your concern is touching.

-Razor

------------------
me.gif

AKTI #A000845

[This message has been edited by Razoredj (edited 06-28-2001).]

>>If...IF, "No weapon could be formed against a Believer," why was a weapon in the form of a Sword in a Giant's hand formed against David, eh? John?

I did not say it could not be formed, I said it could not prosper. That means that those who serve the Lord and are righteous before Him, well always triumph in battle.

Leviticus 26:8
And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Psalm 91:11
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Your concept that there has never been a Christian Warrior killed in combat is more than a stretch John...whew...

Anyway...

Psalm 144:1-8

<font color=red><center>Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.

Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.

Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;

Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
</center></font>

John,

You will please take note of the fact that there was a direct reference to learning skills. LITERALLY MARTIAL ARTS.

Martial Arts are not only Asian. Martial from the Roman God of War, Mars, Martial Art, an Art suitable for War.

"Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to <font color=red>war</font>, and my fingers to
<font color=blue>fight</font>."

------------------
Usual Suspect™
"Ooh, see the fire is sweepin,' our very street today, burns like a red coal carpet, Mad Bull lost its way..."~R.S.
Knives & Stuff

[This message has been edited by Don Rearic (edited 06-28-2001).]

Crazy people really shouldn't play with computers.

------------------
me.gif

AKTI #A000845

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Razoredj:
Crazy people really shouldn't play with computers.</font>

Mental Illness does not offend me nearly as much as a Pacifist who has to use the Bible, God and Jesus Christ to justify their own Pacifism. That's called, "Bearing false Witness." Lying.

I won't call him a coward, I will say that if you shirk your responsibility as a Parent to defend your children, you're worse than a coward. Husbands should defend their Wives as surely as a Wife must step up to bat to defend her Husband and Children if need be.

I have heard it time and time again, Preachers, Ministers, Pastors, Priests, standing up and supporting Gun Control and saying Self-defense is wrong. And we know the inference is, if something is wrong, it is a sin.

We have all heard it before, they intone a Commandment;

"Thou shalt not kill."

Everyone that knows ANYTHING about the Bible already knows that is a mistranslation from Hebrew.

The original INTENT and SCRIPTURE was, "Thou shalt not murder.

All murders are killing.

Not all killing is murder.

This is painfully clear, yet, millions of people are misled. It is a lie, it is bearing False Witness.

If someone does not want to defend themselves or their family, that is most certainly their choice to make. But to coat that Pacifism in some sort of Biblical Hybrid, somewhere between Nobility and Martyrdom is offensive in the extreme.

------------------
Usual Suspect™
Knives & Stuff

[This message has been edited by Don Rearic (edited 06-28-2001).]

>>Why is it that every nutjob with a computer thinks only he can see the the great big Capital T Truth?

Truth is found in the Bible. The computer is a good tool to use to research and study the Bible though. If for no other reason then computers do not wear out as fast as printed books do. Also, the computer is a powerful tool to search out the Book of Truth for whatever you may want to study.

>>but you're a few heat-resistant tiles short of safe reentry, buddy.

No problem, I have been where your at, and have no plans or desire to return.

>>Tell that to the next mugger you see.

Now there is a novel concept. In the early church, they sold all they had and used the money to feed the poor. I have my clothing, which no one wants I am sure. I have some tools which only a honest man would be interested in. My truck is owned by the leasing company. Other than that, most of it belongs to my wife. So, what do I have that mugger would be interested in? There maybe a buck or two in my business, but the insureance company would pay me more than it's worth, so I would be better of if someone were to come along and steal it. I would get replacement value, so that I could go out and buy all new stuff
smile.gif

I know some one who died in a fire, trying to save their stuff. I can assure you, it's not worth it. Stuff can be replaced fairly easy, but once a life is spent, that's it.

Jesus gave His life for me, so that I can have eternal life, and that is all that matters as far as I am concerned. Where I am going, is far better than where we are at in this moment of time. In fact I would be there right now, if it were not for my desire to take as many people with me as I can. Because no matter how rich and beautiful a place maybe, it would be kinda dull and boring to be there all alone. Thanks, JohnR7

>>But to coat that Pacifism in some sort of Biblical Hybrid

To set the record straight, I do not claim to be a student of "pacifism". Whatever pacifism may or may not be. That is just a insult that is being thrown my way. I have a great deal of respect for those who gave their lives and sacrificed themselves so we can enjoy the freedom we have today.

My "war" was the Vietnam war, and back then, everyone had a choice to make. Each person had to live with the results of that choice. I for one, believe we should respect the other mans choice, because he is the one that has to live with the results of the choice he made.

Actually, to be consistant with the forum, if it were not for WW2 we would not even be having this discussion. It was the soldiers who returned from the Philippines after WW2 who first introduced the Balisong Knife to America. Of course James Taylor, the Frost company and Benchmade did a lot to promote them along the way. Thanks, JohnR7

>>You will please take note of the fact that there was a direct reference to learning skills. LITERALLY MARTIAL ARTS.

The quotes you post are from the Old Testament. There is a vast difference between the Old and the New. For example, under the old testament, a women caught in adultery was to be stoned to death. Under the law, it was an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Under the New Testament, we have been under grace for almost 2000 years now. That means we do not have to die for our sin, all are given a chance to repent and turn away from their sin and receive mercy, grace & forgiveness. This all comes about through the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit of God.

The age of grace is very soon coming to an end. I believe it began, when the Spirit of Truth was given at Pentacost about 1970 years ago. So we have about 30 years to go, and the Spirit of Truth along with the True Church well depart. Mankind at that time well once again be under the law, with no mercy, grace or forgiveness for a 7 year period of time. Then a new 1000 year era well begin that we read about in Isaiah:

Isaiah 11:6-8
"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them. [7] The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox. [8] The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole, And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.

>>You will please take note of the fact that there was a direct reference to learning skills. LITERALLY MARTIAL ARTS.

Masters and Grand Masters of the Martial and Defensive Arts from time to time, email me to discuss what I believe and what I have learned. Also, I contact them now and then, to learn about self defense, esp. when I plan to travel in areas that are restricted to Americans, like some areas in the Philippines.

What people don't realize is that all the power Jesus had, is available to us. From the very beginning of His ministry, they tried to put Him to death, but His time had not yet come and they were not able to harm him. That same power is available to us.

Luke 4:28-30
So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, [29] and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. [30] Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.

If Jesus had the power to excape a lynch mob, then we have that same power available to us today.

Matthew 26:53
Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

Legion: The major unit of the Roman army consisting of 3,000 to 6,000 infantry troops and 100 to 200 cavalry troops.

We are told that we well do greater works then Jesus did.

John 14:12
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

The bottom line is, that those who walk with God have more power and more strength available to them, then those who don't.

People get deceived into thinking there is more power with the enemy of God. But the devil does not have anywhere near the power that God has. In fact, it well take only one angel to throw him into the bottomless pit.

Rev. 20:1-3
Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. [2] He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; [3] and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

When I think of the power that is available to us as Christians, I think that it is a little silly that anyone would put there trust and confidence in a puny little balisong knife to defend themselves with. Thanks, JohnR7

Masters and Grand Masters of the Martial and Defensive Arts from time to time, email me to discuss what I believe and what I have learned. Also, I contact them now and then, to learn about self defense, esp. when I plan to travel in areas that are restricted to Americans, like some areas in the Philippines.</font>

Why? No weapon formed against you can prosper John?

You simply contradicted yourself once again.

If no one can touch you because you have faith in Jesus, why would you contact anyone about learning Self-defense when going to the Philippines?

Are Filipinos on Jesus' "Do not touch list?"

No need to answer John. Just thought I would set the record straight.

Because if you answer again, there will be more tail-chasing and absurdity.

Statement Number One:

Masters and Grand Masters of the Martial and Defensive Arts from time to time, email me to discuss what I believe and what I have learned. Also, I contact them now and then, to learn about self defense, esp. when I plan to travel in areas that are restricted to Americans, like some areas in the Philippines.

Statement Number Two:

When I think of the power that is available to us as Christians, I think that it is a little silly that anyone would put there trust and confidence in a puny little balisong knife to defend themselves with. Thanks, JohnR7
</font>

Just for the record. This is why people think you are disturbed.

>>Are Filipinos on Jesus' "Do not touch list?"

I hope not sense my wife is filipino and my son is a filipino american. I would be a bit upset if I could not touch them
smile.gif
Thanks, JohnR7

>>why would you contact anyone about learning Self-defense when going to the Philippines?

I wanted to know what to do, if they stoped the car and pointed a gun at us. The answer I was given, was to run them over. I am a student, learning, just like everyone else. I do not claim to have all the answers, but I know where people can go to get all the answers and all the solutions they well ever need. Thanks JohnR7

>>Are Filipinos on Jesus' "Do not touch list?"

I hope not sense my wife is filipino and my son is a filipino american. I would be a bit upset if I could not touch them
smile.gif
Thanks, JohnR7
</font>

You're just being an arrogant and smug prick, you knew exactly what I meant.

>>why would you contact anyone about learning Self-defense when going to the Philippines?

I wanted to know what to do, if they stoped the car and pointed a gun at us. The answer I was given, was to run them over. I am a student, learning, just like everyone else. I do not claim to have all the answers, but I know where people can go to get all the answers and all the solutions they well ever need. Thanks JohnR7
</font>

Why run them over John, the weapon they would produce would not prosper against you, correct?

It would seem that with your stated beliefs and knowledge of the Bible, you already have the defensive capabilities you need John, right?

You don't see the contradictions, do you?

JR7, I apologise for any part I've had in the recent flaming you've been enduring here. My post was intended only as an alternative viewpoint, even if I did wax a little bit verbose. Your opinions and spiritual beliefs are your own.

From what I have gathered through reading your posts (this thread and elsewhere), it sounds as though you have been through some darkness, and it has been by questioning who you were that you have come into your spirituality. Questioning is very important. Questioning can do nothing but bring better and further Understanding. (Or: There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.)

Yes, it is important to stand by your convictions, but, if one doesn't question one's beliefs from time to time, then that faith ceases to be a living faith. I bring this up only because, as has been pointed out, some of your positions are actually contradicted by the biblical references you quote to support them.

Your reference to Genesis 50:20, which I'll single out as it was directed at my earlier verbose post, was intended to indicate that, and I'll quote, I am not so sure that good can not exist apart from evil. Their relationship for me is a bit different. Yet this is not what the reference states. The reference actually confirms what my original point had been. Does the good of the many outweigh the good of the few or the one? Joseph confirms that intentions against him had been evil, yet that personal evil has protected the lives of many others. That "good" could not have come about without the evil against Joseph.

Also, what about Judas? Had he not betrayed Jesus, there would have been no crucifixion, and Christianity would not have existed in the form it is today. Jesus would have been, at best, seen as a prophet. Again, it is the evil which has spurred on the good.

The reverse is also true - just think of all the atrocious behaviour for which "good" is solely responsible. Inquisition, Crusades, witch burnings in Salem (care to guess why I'd bring that last one up?). Even Hitler believed he was doing good. In these cases, good was the intent, yet evil the result.

Open-mindedness does not mean becoming a "Yes Man," or bending to any and every trend or philosophy that comes along. It means considering the validity of ideas before rejecting or accepting them.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but some of your spitiruality-centric posts come off as a little hostile. Razor's Spaceballs quote wasn't an attack on your beliefs any more than any of my posts have been. If anything, it was intended to poke a little fun at me - he found a single sentence that said everything I took paragraphs to say. Granted, it's a slightly warped version of my post, but therein lay the joke.

It is my hope that, even though I've gone loquacious again, you understand that this is not an attack on your beliefs either. It is not my place to question your beliefs. I don't have that right. I do have the right, however, to express my views in a discussion, and can hope that others will consider their validity before passing judgement, and perhaps even question their own.

Thanks for your time,
Jon

Posticum Scripticallia: If you should find yourself with the time and inclination to do some reading, allow me to recommend What The Buddha Taught by Paul Demieville & Walpola Rahula.

Postal Libretto the 2nd:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Rev. 20:1-3
Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. [2] He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; [3] and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. </font>

See, here's another quotation that supports my point of view - within the X'n mythology, if the all-powerful personification of "good" refuses to destroy the personification of "evil," is it perhaps because he knows (and being omniscient, he ought to) that the world just won't work for very long without it? (But after these things he must be released for a little while.)

(edit: I've got to learn to be more laconic around here - between starting & finishing this post, 5 more messages have been posted ... GAH!!)

------------------
What's that - bag of tricks?
... Bag of knives!

... stomp and squish as required ...

[This message has been edited by willOthewisp (edited 06-29-2001).]

>>Even Hitler believed he was doing good. In these cases, good was the intent, yet evil the result.

When it comes to deception. I think people know the truth, but they choose otherwise.

Romans 1:20-21 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: [21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

I am not really much of a student of buddism. So, I am having a little bit of a problem to understand the point your wanting to make about the relationship between good and evil.

To me it is clear that each and every individual has a choice to make. They can do good or they can do evil. They can strengthen and build or tear down and destroy. Even if as you say, people do evil who want to do good, if they really want to do good, I believe a way well be found for them.

The problem seems to be when people do good in their own eyes, rather than to seek after God, and to follow His plan.

Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

Apart from God, we really do not seem to be able to discern between good and evil. That is why Jesus came to set an example for us to follow.

Acts 10:38 God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

I am sure this is something I need to do more study on though. If your intent was to try to get me to think more deeply on this, then I suppose you have accomplished your purpose. Thanks, JohnR7

>>>Razor's Spaceballs quote wasn't an attack on your beliefs any more than any of my posts have been. therein lay the joke.

Proverbs 26:19 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death, Is the man who deceives his neighbor, And says, "I was only joking!"

It's very convenient for someone who wants to promote death and destruction not to be held accountable but to simply say: "It was a joke".

>>some of your spitiruality-centric posts come off as a little hostile.

That was the origional point I made on this post that people bring things on themnselves sometimes. My wife is a person who would never offend anyone, but she does it at the expense of the truth.

My purpose and intent was to have a open discussion. To provide people with informatin so they can come to their own conclusion as to what seems right to them. People need to discover things for themselves. So perhaps I did provoke people a bit, in order to get a discussion going. Thanks, JohnR7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back