How does the Manix 2 fit in hand compared to PM2?

I just know the PM2 handle is about as small as it gets for me to get 4 finger grip (not using the choil) and it’s actually pretty crowded. I’ve never held a Manix 2 but it appears to be smaller than the PM2 in the grip area. Is this the way it really is? I’d like to try one someday, but I won’t ever carry it if it’s uncomfortable for me in hand. Thank ya!

The Manix 2 handle, while slighty shorter, has slightly more usable handle space towards the rear of the handle. The PM2 has that hump in the rear and makes it “cozy” for me, but still one of my favoriite overall knives (along with the Manix 2).

You might want to give the Manix 2 XL a look.

I feel the opposite... The Manix2 has a bigger handle, in grip and width. But the deeper contouring really locks you in place compared to the PM2.

GdG8dZz.jpg

Manix 2 has a bit more space. Go with the Manix XL if uncertain.

I feel the opposite... The Manix2 has a bigger handle, in grip and width. But the deeper contouring really locks you in place compared to the PM2.

GdG8dZz.jpg
Going by this photo alone, I would say that the hand would have a little more real estate on the Manix 2.

That being said, the Manix 2 is in the top three most comfortable knives I have handled, in no particular order:
- Manix 2
- ZT 770
- CPK EDC

GdG8dZz.jpg

Having owned both, this is exactly my experience as well.

Manix 2 feels better in the hand if not using the choil.

I have both and I love the way that the Manix 2 fits my hand and I consider it a good EDC and self defense blade. I have to always think about self defense since I carry a gun and may need the knife if someone is trying to take my gun away from me, or does and I need another weapon. Truth is that 99% of gun owners will never fire a shot in anger so EDC use comes first and the Manix 2 does everything I need it to do in that regard. I am not an outdoorsman cutting down trees. I open boxes as I am hooked on Amazon, envelopes, rope, cut fruit, etc.. As one poster said, the Para 2's handle is longer than it needs to be but does allow a full fingered grip and that is not necessarily a bad thing. I just am not fond of knives or guns that are not proportionate.

The Manix 2 is smooth opening and love the lever lock. On the other hand, it is easier to open and close the para 2 with one hand since you can press on the compression lock and flick it open and then do the same to close it. In the end, I do carry my Manix when I do not carry my gun into places where it is not allowed or homes of friends with small kids. I bought the Para 2 when it first came out and still have not carried it. Then again I have bought 10 knives since then and most I do not carry because they are for my collection. I do the same for guns. 16 guns but I only carry one. The others are for display and like with my knives, I like to get best of breed or at least a good example of its type

Manix 2 G10 S110V fits nicely for me. Para 2 has that boxy feeling and quite painful if I try gripping it tight. Not a problem with Manix G10. Manix LW - FRCP on the other hand, boxy and uncomfortable, probably because I’m used to Seki FRN.

OP, it’s best if you can handle one before buying.

I never used either hard but for the minor things I did with both when trying them out they felt incredibly similar in hand. I had the G10 manix which is a brute of a folder, IMO. Seeing what I use knives for now that I didn't when I had the manix (relocated to a less urban environment) I could see getting that for a hiking/woods knife. I never got on as well with the PM2 between the lock and really long handle (personal preferences).

Pm2 hugs your hands more, while the manix allows your hand to settle where it wants. I have medium hands and pm2 is a bit tight. So probably not the best for those with larger hands. Manix is more one size fits all.

Why not just pick up a Military? The Military also does not have such a pronounced finger guard by the choil so you can comfortably position your hands anywhere on it.

In terms of ergo, Manix 2 feels better than PM2. What makes the difference? The groove for your middle finger on Manix 2.

I'm a bad judge for hand size(I think I have small digits), but I agree with everyone who said the Manix 2 is one of the most comfortable knives in the business. In my experience it's blown every other knife I've had away in terms of ergonomics.

My advice would be to try to find a brick and mortar store nearby and try to handle one in person. Very, very hard to judge if it'll be enough room for your hands over the Internet. Stores like Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's usually have a Manix in stock(some times even the XL!).

I love both the Manix 2 and Para 2. I was a die hard Manix fan, until I gave the Para 2 it's due pocket time.

That said, yes that Manix 2 has imo superior ergos in the hand........but that goes away every time I go to pocket one. That's where the Para 2 comes into 1st place. The Manix is just wider, where it is noticeably larger than the Para 2.

In the end I'm not trying to cop out and say get both, but get both. It's a pair that you will get very different blades.

my biggest take away is how wide the knife is in pocket. Its wide like a Iphone5 size wide. That and the grip texture on the lightweight model mixed with the stiff ball lock makes one hand closing difficult and dangers. My light weight kept sliding out of my hand when I tried to one hand close the knife. Sure- you'll say its not a one hand closer...but for me I rather not own it if I cant close it with one hand safely. For those reasons I sold it. I do like the non light weight version m ore and the greip is excellent and I could easily one hand flick close the blade. I also sold that because the knife is so wide. I was not a huge fan of the para2 I felt blade to handle ratio was poor and I didnt like the ultra fine tip as mine broke rather easily. I rather have an endura,delica,dragonfly over the para2 or manix I find them to be better user knives and general EDC knives.
But you should still try one out, you may love it like lost of people on here do. It does look excellent in that blaze orange color.

Back