How does the Manix 2 fit in hand compared to PM2?

PM 2, Military, Manix 2, Manix 2 XL. of these 4 I think the best form fitting scale is the Manix 2 XL. You can really wrap your hand around it. For a large knife it really doesn't feel that big in the pocket. When I carry I usually carry it with the regular Manix, I happen to like carrying matching sets when possible.

I prefer the Manix (the lockback to be specific, the jimping on the CBBL version is a little over the top for me), but the Paramilitary feels great too.

my biggest take away is how wide the knife is in pocket. Its wide like a Iphone5 size wide. That and the grip texture on the lightweight model mixed with the stiff ball lock makes one hand closing difficult and dangers. My light weight kept sliding out of my hand when I tried to one hand close the knife. Sure- you'll say its not a one hand closer...but for me I rather not own it if I cant close it with one hand safely. For those reasons I sold it. I do like the non light weight version m ore and the greip is excellent and I could easily one hand flick close the blade. I also sold that because the knife is so wide. I was not a huge fan of the para2 I felt blade to handle ratio was poor and I didnt like the ultra fine tip as mine broke rather easily. I rather have an endura,delica,dragonfly over the para2 or manix I find them to be better user knives and general EDC knives.
But you should still try one out, you may love it like lost of people on here do. It does look excellent in that blaze orange color.
I agree with Lemon, the manix is a bit wide, a common thing with the leaf shaped blades. The width is what keeps it out of my pocket. Without considering width, they are both comfortable in hand.

For me the PM2 has the best ergonomics. Possibly of any edc. I have medium size hands and wear a size large glove. I also like the Manix 2 and feel you can t go wrong with either.
Overall I think the PM2 is one of the two best edc s on the market. The other is not the Manix2.

I greatly prefer the grip of the Manix2 to the PM2. IMO , the handle of the Manix2 has a vastly superior shape and feel. The handle just fills my meaty paw like a custom glove. I also favor the blade of the Manix2.

I tend to think that the Manix has the best in-hand ergos in all of Spyderco's line. Which is sayin something.

I agree with this^
I am also very much a Manix XL fan. Hard to beat a Military for large hands though.

PQU0lCT.jpg

N2qj1X1.jpg

KhRslkM.jpg

H9INQpe.jpg

Back