How Many Is Too Many?

One is none, two is one, three is for me. I don't mind carrying a few items related to knives, gadgets/gear, and preparedness. It's a hobby all in its own to me. A while a back I lost a good amount of weight so a pound or two of "stuff" isn't really an issue at all. I wear clothing that can accommodate more stuff, finding said clothing is also part of the fun.

Typical out and about EDC for me is:
Gun
extra mag
modern folder
Small/Medium EDC fixed blade
Multitool
light
Pen
Keys with SAK classic
Wallet
Phone

And now a mask and a little bottle of hand sanitizer
I've also started carrying a Pioneer X or Super Tinker because I like having a larger Vic SAK around.

Just running out the house real quick I will at least have the SAK classic on my keys along with a modern folder.

Exercising I will always have a modern Salt folder IWB.

I’m not in to MT’s or fixed blades and carrying 2 folders seems unnecessary, so I usually just stick with one folder. Unless I’m wearing a jacket then sometimes I’ll have one in the jacket and one in the pocket. I feel like having 2 pocket clips showing in your pockets is tacky and reminds me of the kids that think they are the bees knees with like 3 mtechs in each pocket :rolleyes:
I think my max would be
-2 knives
-Small edc flashlight
-Investigator pen

Just my opinion though.

What makes me laugh is these folks who post up pics showing their pocket dump and most of the crap layed out on a designer hanky and everything is in mint condition and matches their outfit. Even funnier when they throw in a fidget spinner or yo-yo or brass doo-dad with a lanyard and beads....good grief!

Good grief is right. It clearly bothers you. LOL

I carry multiple knives, a hank*, sometimes some other odds and ends, and a couple different fountain pens at any given time. I carry other tools and gear in my daybag (I lock up my firearm when I'm in the office). Though I work in an office environment, most of the things I carry have come into play at one time or another. My flashlight helped a coworker inspect the inner workings of a server rack, my multitool helped in multiple such situations, another coworker had a headache so I gave him some ibuprofen from my FAK, that sort of thing.

* I enjoy that this bothers some folks :D

Jacket season is upon us with all those pockets now available. I get shit from coworkers for carrying too much, however I also have been diagnosed with Idontgivafukitis.

Todays partial carry:

V982PNM.jpg

I like baggy clothes with big pockets. I live in a desert. Usually I have a wenger patriot in the left front pocket and a sak huntsman in a belt pouch. An sak money clip, 24 hr coin, wallet, small notebook and pen, 32 or 380 cal pistol with spare mag. I like to wear a vest with a lotta pockets when appropriate and sometimes redistribute all this stuff I carry. I don't carry a flashlight or a larger multitool.

Pretty simple for me....

I will say that the SAK Rambler is awesome - Philips head and Flat head screwdrivers come in handy a lot. So does the finger nail file, and the best part is that the blade opens the right way! The little flashlight hanging next to it also quite useful. It's very powerful and charges via Micro USB. All in all, a pretty streamlined setup.

aCRrCuO.jpg

Last edited:
Much depends on what I am doing for the day or what clothes I am wearing in terms of choices on pocket stuff. But I have learned that I dislike stuff on my belt unless it's a handgun or fix blade knife. But if I am pretty sure I am going to use a MT (pliers based), I'll have one with me. With me.... usually means in a carry bag or in my pickup and hence available for use. I don't carry a flashlight as many do. But I have them staged all over the place and pretty much always have one with me if I am in the woods. Been caught in the woods a few times by darkness and the flashlight helps a lot especially if you are following a trail. In the open woods, unless you know the lay of the land well, a flash light after dark will often lead you in a circle on relatively similar topography.

In general, I will carry one folder for an edc and sometimes a small fixed blade. The fixed blade carry is something that I'll do for a while and stop, then restart. It is not a habit. Generally speaking I do not like a bunch of junk in my pants pockets and carry only things I use (not what if's).

I normally have my money clip, keys, a flashlight, boker strike, and a zippo in my front pockets. Back pockets is my benchmade OTF, coin purse, hanky, wallet. On my belt I carry either a buck 110 or an old timer 51ot on my right side and my snuff on the left. My peashooters go on a shoulder harness.

Sometimes the folder on my belt gets swapped with a fixed blade or multitool depending on what I'm doing.

Pretty simple for me....

I will say that the SAK Rambler is awesome - Philips head and Flat head screwdrivers come in handy a lot. So does the finger nail file, and the best part is that the blade opens the right way! The little flashlight is very powerful and charges via Micro USB. All in all, a pretty streamlined setup.

aCRrCuO.jpg
I don’t know the new rambler lights charge via usb. Now I know what my next knife purchase will be, thank you.

I don’t know the new rambler lights charge via usb. Now I know what my next knife purchase will be, thank you.

Are you talking about the Midnight Manager? No Ramblers I've seen have a light in them (and thus no USB charging). I'm willing to be shown the light*, however!

* HA!

Typically carry one folder in my pocket, and have a Rambler on my keychain. Also have a SAK Rescue Tool in my car (gift from firefighter BIL), as well as a CS Ready Edge. Have an old Leatherman in my work bag, but now that I'm pretty much working from home, should probably move that to the car too.

No light on the Rambler. I was referencing the little flashlight that hangs on the keychain next to the Rambler. I paid $20-ish for mine and it has been worth every penny. RovyVon Aurora - not hard to find.

No light on the Rambler. I was referencing the little flashlight that hangs on the keychain next to the Rambler. I paid $20-ish for mine and it has been worth every penny. RovyVon Aurora - not hard to find.
Reading comprehension: I’m getting there. Yeah, I had a mind slip thinking it was the midnight manager, and was so exited. My mind was occupied by learning anatomy and physiology after a night of working hospital security; which to play to the thread, I carry a pad and zebra pen, CS recon 1, streamlight stylus pro, wallet, radio, iPhone (sometimes 2 if my partner is with a psych patient), latex gloves, and vigilance.

Reading comprehension: I’m getting there. Yeah, I had a mind slip thinking it was the midnight manager, and was so exited. My mind was occupied by learning anatomy and physiology after a night of working hospital security; which to play to the thread, I carry a pad and zebra pen, CS recon 1, streamlight stylus pro, wallet, radio, iPhone (sometimes 2), latex gloves, and vigilance.

Gotta say, thanks to my misreading of your comments, I now know the Midnight Manager is even a thing! I'm looking hard those for sure. So, thanks for helping me out! I have a couple of Ramblers in various bags, and they are great little EDC tools.

Back