How many people here own a Sebenza?

A small micarta, that after yesterday...is no longer virgin. Got a 3mm mark on the clip while working. I wept! Grrr....
DSC_0016-1.jpg

Trying to avoid the crap radio that is on in the morning I was listening to a PBS based station. There was a quote by Leonardo da Vinci "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". Made me instantly think of the Sebenza. Simple and perfect. I think I'll clean my small classic tonight.

I have three too - large reg, small reg, small classic. All plain

Sold my large classic with the intention of getting a 21 a few years back. Didn't get round to it. Then the stamp set me back just a fraction enough to still not have got it. Might never, I guess :(:D

I have 2 small 21 sebs,1 i bought in great hardly used condition from 2010 and a brand new 2011 model with some accessories.

Haven't had the nerve to use them yet though:)

I have several. The sebenza is Indeed the folder in which all others are judged by...!!! Use Em and Enjoy Em........The first scratch is always the toughest, the true enjoyment starts after that !

I've added a small Unique Damascus and a large Tanto to my collection since posting last. Plus my third Omnomnom and second Hinderer and a ZT. :foot:

I've got to stop going to the For Sale section around here..............

Last edited:
Got my first one today. Large 21 with stoned washed blade. Born a week ago:D
I had a concern with the Sebenza lock and called the office of CR; after talking to a lady she told me 'let me get you someone that can help with your question"
The next thing I hear is "Hello this is Chris Reeves":D
HOLY MOLLY!!!!!! Mr Reeves is chatting with me!
He explained everything about the knive; the why's and all for 10 minutes!!!
My hat off Mr Reeves, Thanks!
6346198756_6e1d29a795_b.jpg

Last edited:
I've owned one Sebenza, a large regular, since the month of its birth, Oct. of 2002. Oddly enough, I'm less hesitant to use it for certain cutting jobs than I am some of my other, less-expensive knives. It's great, and I'm planning on getting either a 21 or Insingo, not sure which.

Jim

If you are afraid to use a Sebenza the best thing to do is to buy enough of them that you don't feel bad to have a few "users". I'm up to 4 now and looking for a few more. My latest is a large Insingo and it already had a few small scuffs from use. Makes it look all the better.

That doesn't surprise me a bit. :thumbup:
Man I was!!!!! took me 1 second to realize and actually start speaking LOL
Mr Reeves gave me a HUGE explanation and talked to me for almost 10 minutes! (and I can tell you he sounded like he had the flue, so even not feeling well he was taking care of customers)
Great!!!!

My small Ironwood Sebbie 21 just arrived and it's already in my pocket. Say hello to my new EDC. :)

Sebenza01.jpg

Last edited:
The first time that happened to me I had more or less the same reaction. I'm thinking "gosh, get back to something more important than yakking with me about the lock" or whatever the question was. :eek: :D

Man I was!!!!! took me 1 second to realize and actually start speaking LOL
Mr Reeves gave me a HUGE explanation and talked to me for almost 10 minutes! (and I can tell you he sounded like he had the flue, so even not feeling well he was taking care of customers)
Great!!!!

I have a couple.

I had CRK put a design that I made on this large Sebbie. This one is part of my carry knife rotation.
dscf0628fixed2.jpg

This is the back of the one above. I had CRK put a design on the back of the knife because I thought the back looked too plain and empty compared to all the crap I had them put on the front side. I'm not sure it helped much, but I like the deep trench they dug into the titanium between the two screw heads.
website.jpg

This one is a safe queen I'll probably be selling in the near future..
fixed23.jpg

On a whim I just picked up a large tanto for a great price. We'll see how the blade shape works in daily use.

Back