How many Spyderco knives do you own and how many get regular use?

Just curious if you use all of your Spydercos or are some being kept unused and boxed for resale purposes, as backups or for a rainy day.

I have 13 Spydercos (and 3 Byrds) and use all 16 of them. Some more than others, but all of them get used.

My most carried are my Gayle Bradley 2, Para 3, Manix 2, Pacific Salt and Ladybug Salt Hawkbill. None of them are over $150-ish USD, so I am comfortable with using the hell out of these knives.

I’m sure my collection will be tiny in comparison to many of yours, but let’s hear about yours and what actually gets used!

I own two, and use both of them.

My Millie is my around-the-house EDC, and also gets carried when I'm somewhere that it's legal to carry. My Delica lives in my hiking pack, so it gets carried whenever I hike; most hikes don't involve actually needing to use it, but it's there.

I'm thinking about adding a Manix 2 LW this year. If I do, that'll get carried and used, too.

I have a military, endura and a manix 2. All users. The military is a work knife, sees a lot of hard materials and dirt. The manix and endura are in my rotation outside of work. My rotation changes everyday.

Own 75 and 20 are in my current rotation. All but maybe 10 of the total have seen use. Most are just cool knives that I enjoy having around and collecting.

Of the 20, the core that don’t (and probably won’t) get rotated out are:
PM2 M4 with PVD coating and dark gray g-10
Shaman PE
Tasman Salt SE
Manix2 LW Maxamet
Manix2 Cruwear CF
Dragonfly2 VG10
Delica 4 VG10

I like Spyderco because of their support for our military. So I give them my support in return. I'll attach a screen shot of my inventory. Ones in blue are on the short want list. Street is the posted price on BHQ, KC or an estimated 35% off MSRP. I use this list as a quick reference so I can spot a good deal. They all get used, some more than others.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 8.02.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 8.02.09 PM.png
    306 KB · Views: 72
I have 21 and all get carried on occasion. I go through my knives on the weekend and pick out 3 different knives/knife sets to use for the week. I try to make sure they all get some pocket time. It’s turned into something of a daily discussion between a few fellow knife enthusiasts I work with. “What knives are you carrying today?” We do a daily show and tell, passing them around and talking about them. Helps break the day up and check out new purchases.

I like Spyderco because of their support for our military. So I give them my support in return. I'll attach a screen shot of my inventory. Ones in blue are on the short want list. Street is the posted price on BHQ, KC or an estimated 35% off MSRP. I use this list as a quick reference so I can spot a good deal. They all get used, some more than others.

No column for blade steel type?

I’ve got 32, all have been used but some more than others. I’d say my CF Chaparral, K390 Urban, and Mantra have seen the most use.

Sprig - reg. camp belt knife
Rookie G10 - reg. house carry
Chaparral - reg. night out carry small
GB2 - reg. night out carry large
GB1 - reg. ranch/farm carry
Manix2 LW - reg. work carry
POLICE SS - retired

Last edited:
I have five, two see regular use, the others special duty.

1. Delica (edc rotation)
2. Para 2 (after work/ weekend rotation)
3. Chicago (travel/ city blade)
4. Dragonfly H1 serrated (lake/ water duty)
5. Manix 2 XL (outdoor winter rotation)

100+, haven't counted in a while but I have been selling some off lately. Currently my S-90V Ti/Cf Millie gets the most pocket time along with a blue Roadie and/or a SB Delica. I have a lot that have just been chillin in the safe so i'm finally getting them to new homes.

It's been a long time since I counted, I suspect I'm pushing 300. Some are back ups, a few are just to complete sets, most have been carried and used.

more than id like to admit. id have to do a count as i cant guess id be 50+-, shy or over on guessing. i have many duplicates i havent used. one day i need to liquidate the doubles...as ive realized im not gonna wear out or break a spyderco. never have yet.... so no need for doubles.

23, including 12 Sprints/Exclusives.

1 not used, a flawless Sage 4 that I don't want to put even a tiny mark on. Silly really, but there it is.
Lo39EGv.jpg

4 not used yet, Para 2's in M390, Cruwear, XHP, 52100. They will get used but I got 11 Para2's, favorite and most used model, and they seem to come out faster in another steel than I get the urge to try another, so I have a back log in the drawer. However the Maxamet Para2 went straight in the pocket soon as I got it and isn't coming out anytime soon.

Most used are Para2's, Military in S90V, Manix XL, with Slysz Bowie and GB1 also often used.
6 Para 2's not in pics.
Vja80Rv.jpg

WT8kz80.jpg

Back