"How much blade and handle can you fit in a fixed blade EDC?"

I'm very frugal but I think this one might get me to pry open my wallet. Very nice. Almost exactly what I wanted when I started trying to make my own. Hope you start making this one very soon.

me too!

It's like a lil' fire burning me from the inside-out right now...I can't help myself...I gotta make another one...

:D

Dan

I gotta say....as much as I liked v.1 when I saw it....I think I like v.2 even more. Make mine a v.2 in 3V w/ micarta! :thumbup:

WOW! I didn't see that coming at all! :eek: I accept the offer Dan. :D I'll treat v.2 as if it were my own, but I will give them a good workout, and post an honest review of both! :thumbup:

Thank You Sir!

The pleasure is all mine - looking forward to a great review. Pics are not necessary unless you really need them - or it's easy to do...you can always reference the ones I have...no worries.

I'm gonna set up v.2 in a lil' kydex sheath....and then they'll be in today's mail.

:thumbup:

Dan

I've worked up a bunch of "alternate blade shapes" for v.2 as well...check 'em out:

3inchEDC01.jpg

Top to Bottom:

Hawkbill
Spearpoint
Wharncliffe
Sheepsfoot
Drop point (the one I made)

Whatcha think?

Some of them are obviously more un-sheeple-friendly than others....

Like I said....I'm on a roll....can't stop....

:foot:

Dan

I've worked up a bunch of "alternate blade shapes" for v.2 as well...check 'em out:

3inchEDC01.jpg

Whatcha think?

Some of them are obviously more un-sheeple-friendly than others....

:foot:

Dan

I would carry/use all but version one on top. ! :thumbup:

Andy

I really like the idea of one of these in a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot.

Please don't stop....this has to be the fun part of what you do...taking a new design/concept from paper to the grinder and refining it.....keep em coming!

Way to go Dan..
I'd like a spearpoint version 2 in CPM S90V please.. :D:foot:
Desert Ironwood, Black liners..
Wow!

Dan,

I like how you lightened the handle of v2,but I still like the blade of v1...the swedge and that you didn't take the grind to the blade spine.

Jim

"Hold Fast"

I love that spearpoint design. Great looking design and the AWESOME looking prototype.

I think it looks great.I'd buy one.

Would also like to see if you do one in 3V & micarta.

Excellent job overall.

I'll take a spear point or drop point,if you really use them the other shapes end up being these shapes anyway,any Georgia cop knows that!-LOL

Regarding the designs in post #64....I'll add a +1 to the wharncliff

Looks like the next one is going to be a spear point. :thumbup:

Dan

I would get v1 with a spearpoint. I like the beefier blade of v1 just not the swedge.

Yes...I think it will be a beefier one...

DAn

Back