How the h--- does anyone carry this?

I carry the wave in the opposite pocket of my ccw vest. It counters the weight of a snubby s&w perfectly, and has come in very handy when riding a Harley.

I've tried to carry several different multitools on my belt. Never had one survive long enough to qualify as an EDC.

I carry it on the back left pocket of my jeans, and has never bothered me. If I'm going somewhere fancier or want something light I carry the Victorinox super tinker in the coin pocket of my jeans or back left pocket of nicer pants.

A Leatherman Wave is light compared to my favorite, a modded Leatherman Surge. I added a Ti pocket clip and smoothed out the rough spots on the blades and it is GTG. Never notice it clipped, but admittedly it is a bit bulky bouncing around in a pocket.

No Leatherman is too heavy if you get use out of it, IMHO.

Mark

The heaviest thing I would carry in my pocket is a 4 1/4” three blade stockman. So after reading this thread I tried to carry for a day a regular sized multitool, which in this case was the Leatherman Wingman.
It felt awfully uncomfortable and heavy when I put it in in the front pocket of my jeans, but when I clipped it to the same pocket, it suddenly ceased to appear bulky. Clipped to my belt it felt completely unobtrusive. In fact, a full sized stockman feels much heavier even though it weighs about half the weight of the Wingman.
My guess would be that even a heavier MT would not feel too heavy if carried in a belt sheath attached to the belt. It still would be bulky though.

In the end I have to both disagree and agree with jackknife: a full size MT is not really heavy for an edc, but it is definitely a big bulk of metal, which can be too obtrusive to carry for some.;)

Back