How would you describe your fitness/activity level? (poll)

What do you do to stay fit? What level are you at?

• Low level of activity (up to an hour a week)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderately active (several hours per week in varied activities)

• Highly active (training more days than not)

• Cycling

• Walking/jogging/running

• Swimming

• Hiking

• Weight lifting

• Sports (basketball, football, tennis, etc.)

• other (add comments in your post)

• Total voters

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Well....all I can say is be honest...:D

See the pole above....how would you describe your fitness/activity level?

Low? Moderate? High?

What activities do you enjoy most?

For me, it's hiking, cycling and swimming. I've never been good at running/jogging.....soccer....football.

Ok...I will say that I try to get out and play some basketball with a group of guys once a week...but other than that...I've got no "outlet" for organized sports.

Anybody here a fan of crossfit.com?

Let's talk fitness....not weight loss...not dieting/eating....just athleticism.

Dan

I was very athletic up through college in all kinds of organized sports. Then came long periods of relative inactivity, where my only activity consisted of long walks.

Got married and started working out again... but that went by the way, and I started competitive shooting, which involves more activity than one might think.

Now I live on 104 rural acres where I walk just about everywhere and force myself to use non-powered hand tools such as axes, saws, sledge hammers, etc. I'd say I'm more fit than your average 45 year old, but I'm not winning any footraces these days, either!

So, I'm pretty active, but no opportunity (or interest, really) in organized sporting activities.

Andy

Dan, I have to say your hands are active tonight.

I have to say that in the last month, I had no social life. So all I had to do was train in martial arts.

I already am a thin guy, usually around 127 pounds. This morning the scale showed 123 pounds...

Muay Thai IS good for fitness.

unfortunately...typing doesn't burn many calories....:(

:D

:foot:

I'm a runner. I'm gearing up to do my first marathon (hopefully) in 2008. I usually run 6 days a week or so. My milage sucks right now, but I like to hit 25-30 miles a week in the off season.

My girlfriend, now fiance, and I were walking/hiking quite a bit. There is a grade above her house that climbs 1000' over a mile and a half. We got to where we could make it to the top without stopping in 45 min to an hour or so but too hot weather (over 85 at 9am) or too cold (less than 40 at 3pm) and my inconsistent work schedules have pretty much dried that up.

I also started riding her horses with her but it's too cold for that right now and they aren't shod so the ground is quite a bit more treacherous for them with a rider.

Need to get back into something though. Even if it's only a flat course around my house in town. She has some exercise videos that she does but it's a little hard for me to watch girly man in tights with the gym dolls and get motivated to do much. Girlfriend also doesn't quite get it when I tell her she'd be surprised what a man will follow where when she asks why I hike with her. :p (did I type that out loud?)

I've had a lot of health issues these last couple years, and I always get too relaxed in the cool season. I'm working back into swimming weekly and some light hiking, although I stretch and do sit ups and push ups daily. Whatever the knees and back can handle.

Well....all I can say is be honest...:D

See the pole above....how would you describe your fitness/activity level?

In April of this year, I was diagnosed with type two diabetes. Time to move my butt.

I have lost 65 pounds since then and continue to lose about 2-3 pounds per week. Buy a Springer Spaniel and try to wear her out. Walk, jog, whatever.

My last 2 HA1Cs: 5.1, 5.0

That's great Ed! :thumbup: :thumbup:

what time of day do you walk the dog?

I ride my mountain bike frequently and lift weights 3-5 days a week.

We go out in the evening. Right now it is great as it is dark after 5. Noone has to witness my fat butt jogging.

I have gone from a disgusting 404 lbs to 313 since last January (378 in April).

I am at the weight I was practicing Aiki Ju Jutsu.

My hope is to get to the weight I left the army in in 1990 (265) by April '08.

The pup's name is Daisy. She is a sweety and tolerates a rotten master. (I will never run as fast as she wants. I have hills behind the house and she can cover ravines before I can catch my breath.)

here are some pics:
daisybutt.jpg

sleepytown.jpg

I consider myself fairly active. I usually work out 6 days a week, sometimes 2 a days. A morning jog followed by boxing in the evenings (amateur boxer). I also lift weights 3 days a week and do a hardcore plyometric/explosive power workout on Saturdays. Tons of Burpees!!:D I walk my dog 2 miles twice a day, for a total of 4 miles every day, rain, snow or sleet. I haven't missed a day for the 2.5 years I have owned him except for a weekend that I was out of town.

I love staying active. Since I work an office job (graphic designer), I would go nuts if I was sedentary outside of work. Boxing is the best workout in the world and it is fun as hell. You get to hit stuff (and people) as hard as you want and get in phenomenal shape in the process.:thumbup:

I will try to post more of Daisy, but she moves pretty fast..

I am just getting back to somewhere near my best shape after a shoulder operation in late May.I normally run 3 times a week as well as a couple of Zen Do Kai freestyle Karate classes and Muay thai as well.Also a daily routine of sit ups and push ups.I work 12 hour days as a cheese maker and am constantly on my feet either lifting,turning,pushing or stirring cheese and equipment.Nearly back to my fighting weight of 190 pounds,down from the 230 i shot up to after wrecking my shoulder.Whenever i even look like sitting down i have a four and a half year old daughter who drags me off to the park :)
Apart from sleep the forum is my only source of rest at the moment,gotta keep moving,time sure does....

I used to be more active in the past. But weren't we all? :D
I usually do:
Summer - Running, cycling, hiking, climbing, mountaineering and a bit of gym.
Winter - Alpine skiing (well I AM living next to the Alps), ski touring, running and a bit of gym.

/ Karl

Back