How would you describe your fitness/activity level? (poll)

What do you do to stay fit? What level are you at?

• Low level of activity (up to an hour a week)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderately active (several hours per week in varied activities)

• Highly active (training more days than not)

• Cycling

• Walking/jogging/running

• Swimming

• Hiking

• Weight lifting

• Sports (basketball, football, tennis, etc.)

• other (add comments in your post)

• Total voters
Here is my helper,
HPIM0972.jpg

I'm 47. I run,ride,hike,paddle,ski...every day.I work at night. I ran the vermont 100 (100 mile trail race) in alittle under 23 hours. I do 8 hour trail runs regularly.

I'm 47. I run,ride,hike,paddle,ski...every day.I work at night. I ran the vermont 100 (100 mile trail race) in alittle under 23 hours. I do 8 hour trail runs regularly.

Wow! That is impressive!

I am very active thanks to Uncle Sam. I graduated from OCS in November at the age of 34 and am in the best shape of my life. Between basic and OCS I went from 240 lbs to 195 lbs and my run time went from a 19 min 2 mile to 15:30. Of course the hard part will be maintaing it when I'm done with traing as officers PT on their own for the most part.
Patrick

Great info/stories, guys!

Just what I need to stay motivated. :thumbup:

Dan

Took Jessie for a nice long walk yesterday and got in 2 hours of full court basketball this evening. Feeling great! :thumbup:

I have converted my garage into my weight lifting gym. And have started to do 3-5 mile wlaks with the dogs. I also train FMA drills on my tire stack and solo.

When Uncle Sam use to be my boss I was definitely more active. Weekly run average was around 18-20 miles.

Now I'm a soft pudgy civilian and I run maybe 3 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes. I'm not running for distance so much as cardio fitness. I also try to do 100 crunches a night Mon-Fri. Can't really do much for Push-Ups or Weights due to my bad left arm.

Of course my favorite exercise activity would have to be hiking/camping. Not only do you get some cardio benefits, but you just might get a chance to use some of those sharp pointy things we all love.:D

I'm not sure where to put myself. I consider myself pretty inactive.

I have a desk job, my favorite activities are reading and watching sports. I am also wicked out of shape.

However I do spend about 4 hours in the gym each week doing a moderate amount of weightlifting and riding the stationary bike.

I train in Aikido 2-3 times a week. Other than that just a little work on the Bowflex. I REALLY need to up my cardio though. I bought a weighted jump rope and I need to start working with it...

Mostly chasing my kids around unfortunately.

Does grinding count?

I run. I'm training for a half-marathon (13 m/21 K) that is at the start of March, then--hopefully--will do a 30 K run at the end of March. Hopefully, again, I will do a full marathon (26 m/42 K) , likely in the fall. I train pretty much exclusively outside, year-round and I live in Canada. I also walk and bike a lot. I like to keep active.

Matt

Sorry-- I just realized this is a knifemaker-only forum. I don't make knives. I shouldn't have posted here. Matt

Sorry-- I just realized this is a knifemaker-only forum. I don't make knives. I shouldn't have posted here. Matt

No man, this is the Koster Knives forum. You definitely don't have to be a knifemaker to post here. You just have to be a knifemaker to have your own forum here!:thumbup::D

Aha, thanks lefthandblack. I have a bad habit of reading things too quickly. I thought I'd gone and done it again. Matthew

Back