HT Ontario vs RAT Cutlery

hey guys i have a short question, did you guys oversee the HT for the ontario 1095 knives? how similar or dissimilar will it be versus the new HT you guys talk about on the site? for instance what RC was the ontario RAT-3 running vs the RC-3? how about the differential tempered RC-3's?

in short, should we expect to notice the difference between the RC-3 HT vs the RAT-3???

i for one am glad to finally see the RAT knives made without the spotty ontario fit and finish. i can only imagine how awesome it would've been if you guys did this to begin with and not having to go through ontario.

We cannot speak for Ontario's heat treat. I know if the past there were some problems but I *think* they got it fixed. The RAT Cutlery heat treat is now a straight heat treat (not differential) at 57 Rc. We have a test video on the web site that shows the flex we're achieving with this heat treat in 1095. It's pretty awesome for 1095 @ 57 Rc.

We also do destructive testing on every lot of knives we run.

Jeff

We cannot speak for Ontario's heat treat. I know if the past there were some problems but I *think* they got it fixed. The RAT Cutlery heat treat is now a straight heat treat (not differential) at 57 Rc. We have a test video on the web site that shows the flex we're achieving with this heat treat in 1095. It's pretty awesome for 1095 @ 57 Rc.

We also do destructive testing on every lot of knives we run.

Jeff

That video IS pretty awesome. Didn't know you guys did destructive testing on them! Is it pretty much just some variation on a repeated flex test?

Yes, Rowen does destructive testing on each batch that consists of a flex test and probably some other stuff he Shon hasn't told me about :)

It's nice to see a company interested in putting out a quality product and testing to make sure it stays that way

Just looked at the flex test video. WOW. Thats pretty damn good, even more happy with my RC knives now ;)

Not saying that we are foolproof, but we do some pretty extensive testing on our stuff. Quality is number 1 in our game...

Yes, it has been cryogenically frozen and someone decided to bring it back to life!

I seen alot of that since peeps are trying to build up their post count to get 25 to join the RP, LOL you'd think 25 post in RC forum was hard or something...

Yep, we can get 200 posts just discussing the merits of thongs over standard bikinis.

I have 3 post and not even trying in this post..... but you do raise an important subject matter up that related to heat treatment :D
I really like a 1 piece suit over the Thong .... Having the fun is the unknown when unwrapping a gift ,not seeing the gift w/ a bow tie how lame :p

I like thongs! You could almost sing that to the old Tom T Hall song I like beer!

I like thongs! You could almost sing that to the old Tom T Hall song I like beer!

At least it isn't only members that go off topic all the time.

Now I gotta find this song you speak of :thumbup:

I went with the red colored french cut, i had to use a little bit of gripstix to keep it from riding or sliding around but it worked. you guys saw the pics. :D

How many other dudes have wore the thongs?

pfftttt.:D:Dlol

I went with the red colored french cut, i had to use a little bit of gripstix to keep it from riding or sliding around but it worked. you guys saw the pics. :D

pfftttt.:D:Dlol

Just the fact that you even know what a french cut is somehow worries the hell out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdog View Post
I went with the red colored french cut, i had to use a little bit of gripstix to keep it from riding or sliding around but it worked. you guys saw the pics.

pfftttt.lol

Quote RAT: Just the fact that you even know what a french cut is somehow worries the hell out of me.

I have only been around here for a couple of months but from what I have read so far, it would not surprise me if Crowdog has actually has worn thongs. Certifiable is a work that comes to mind.

Back