Hunting season 2009/10

You guys have me very curious. I hate to admit it but I have never had venison bologna.:eek: Looks like I am on a mission to find me some now.:D

My sisters boyfriend gets it up in PA. Very good stuff.

My next Gossman order will be for one of Kahuana's designs, with a longer handle, but I have seen Scotts wharnie PSK, and I really like it. Great little knife.

My dad and I drew either sex tags on public land for opening weekend this year. We haven't gotten to hunt together in several years and this was one for the books.

Yesterday I saw this buck at 0655 but didn't have a shot. I saw 5 other does through the day but didn't take anything. My dad saw nothing all day.

This morning I offered to trade places with him but he said he would stick with his setup. Looks like it worked pretty well for him.

The buck field dressed 138 lbs. with 12 points. The doe (mine) weighed 92 lbs. field dressed. This is my dads biggest buck to date.

094.jpg

097.jpg

116.jpg

And dad brought his "hunting combo". My skinner and camp knife combination.

106.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I very much enjoy hearing others' hunting stories.

SDS

Scott,that is a big doe,killed an 8 point with the bow and was after a monster all bow season,almost killed him.so close but one twig in the way and you know how that is with the bow...next year he is in trouble
Nathan

Can't believe I missed your posts SDS and ratamahatta. Congrates fellas. :thumbup:
Nathan, I know what you mean. Happens to me more then I care to admit.
Muzzleloader opens Sat. I hope to get alittle time out.
Scott

Hope this works new at posting pics. Here is a 9pt I shot back in early December. Hate to post it after some of the previous bucks.

Attachments

• 9 pt.jpg
    9 pt.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 10
Had a good hunt 4/3/10 at about 11:00 called and had these 3 walk in but not out. Limited out on my GA Turkey season in one hunt. Now to start fishing. Used my WUK Jr to do the dirty work and it excelled at it. Sorry for the pics had to use th blackbery.

Attachments

• 3 Gobblers 1.jpg
    3 Gobblers 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 3 Gobblers 2.jpg
    3 Gobblers 2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 7
Way to go CD, awesome! :thumbup: I went last Fri. scouting for a place to turkey hunt. Ours Spring gobbler opens the end of this month and runs for 2 or 3 weeks.
Scott

Back