I Am Legend

Man marley and me will kill you.....
It tares anyone and everyone up...

thanks i didn't know about that one but it was on my "watch someday list" for now i will pass on that one --

A friend of mine went to see it with his girlfriend and stopped by the house afterward. He's generally considered to be a tough guy; 6'3" and 230ish lbs, tatts and piercings, gets into barroom brawls for fun, that sort of thing. He was crying like a baby after that movie. I figger if it made him cry, I have no business seeing it.

Seems all dog stories are tragedys. I read the book Marley & Me to the point where the aged Marley and the guy were relaxing in the autum sunshine after a walk & I quit right there. Will not watch the movie.

Somewhere in the rule book it says that your Man card cannot be revoked for shedding tears over the passing of a dog.

Uplander

Seems all dog stories are tragedys. I read the book Marley & Me to the point where the aged Marley and the guy were relaxing in the autum sunshine after a walk & I quit right there. Will not watch the movie.

Somewhere in the rule book it says that your Man card cannot be revoked for shedding tears over the passing of a dog.

Uplander

I'm with you there....

That's one place I can barely tread and I can look death in the face and laugh- but still can't handle dogs....
Heck earlier this year I cried for the first time in years(literally) reading a very long and very saddening post on another forum I spend time on about his dog passing.... Just thinking about it pushes me...

Anybody ever read that "rainbow bridge" thing? Even that pushes boundaries.,..

Man why is it dogs are such a sensitive area????!!
Can hear about a family being murdered and not be bothered but if some guy kicks a dog I want to gut him in the street...

I have the solution: Watch "Snow Dogs" folks...not only is it a Disney movie about dogs in which no dogs die, but ironically all of you will come to the realization in the midst of watching it that you WANT them to die---slowly and painfully, along with Cuba Gooding Jr. for ever attaching himself to the project.

I have the solution: Watch "Snow Dogs" folks...not only is it a Disney movie about dogs in which no dogs die, but ironically all of you will come to the realization in the midst of watching it that you WANT them to die---slowly and painfully.

They dont talk..... Unless I missed something majorly or am not thinking of the right movie....

I'd already edited my post because I remembered it was only during the dream sequence that they talked. Still...

Man why is it dogs are such a sensitive area????!!
Can hear about a family being murdered and not be bothered but if some guy kicks a dog I want to gut him in the street...

Because dogs are:
1.) Innocent, the want only infants are. They just want to eat, sleep, drink, pee, poop and make little doggies. They only get nasty when threatened.
2.) For just a modicum of attention (they deserve more) they will be loving and loyal to the death, no matter your circumstances.
3.) For all their good traits, they live short lives, and to have them cut even shorter is a tragedy.

Hurting/killing dogs is right up there just under hurting/killing little kids on my list of things that make me see red and can throw me into a rage that makes me scare even myself.

As above, first movie based on the book was the Vincent Price. Would recommend it to anyone who liked the Omega Man and you can download it free from the Internet Archive!

atb, John

P.S. Happy 4th July to you all from the UK; you did the right thing gaining independence from us, particularly the way the UK has been heading with the rights to the individual!

it would have been bad enough if the dog had just died -- but him having to put it down the way he did -- that was the real hard part -

- i have had to help two friends put their dogs down because they just couldn't do it - so i held there dogs while they were in the room but they could not hold the dog -- so i held the dogs and talked them through it

man both times it liked to killed me afterward --

When I had to kill my beagle, the guys at the humane society wouldn't even let me hold her. Apparently they've had people really lose it and try to stop them (which you can't do once they start).

Only thing that made me stay in the room and get through it is that she was in so much pain, that it was the nicest things to do for her, and it is my responsibility to not abandon her at the end.

I don't think I ate for a couple days after, I got so depressed.

Great book. Movies could have been better, but for what they are, I'll give them a pass. Saw the original with Vincent Price, and the new one with Will Smith. I think I saw a little bit of the Charlton Heston one. The Vincent Price movie was closest to the book, it was neat to see Vincent Price not playing Vincent Price for once. The ending pretty much caught the intent of the book title. In the book, and both of the movies I saw, the dog died, I was more touched by the I am Legend movie's portrayal of the dog's death.

Spoiler alert

Mainly because the dog came back after it died, and he had to kill it.

LOVE the book, the movie was good but not the book, and you don't want to watch it if the dog dying will ruin it for you.

Back