I bought a new knife from a new knife Company, Quiet Carry

Just picked one up in the stonewash finish...blade is now in Elmax. Very well-made, smooth and reliable flipping action, nice symmetrical grinds. Lots to like. Overpriced? Not in my mind.

If the price is actually 188 dollars as mentioned by the op, this is still overpriced with Elmax. For a small, functional edc, a mini grip with s30v or a delica with zdp 189 work well for me at 2/3 the price. Maybe the carbon fiber is worth the extra 60 dollars. Maybe not.

Reactions: Mo2
Since I have recently come across some uncertainty about the country of manufacture, I figured that I would look into it.
In another thread on bladeforums, someone apparently asked them about it and was told that the products are USA made. The knives also seem to be heat treated in the US by Peters heat treating facility. And Quietcarry itself is based in California.
This would lead me to believe that their knives are made in the US. Although, I would like to see it explicitly stated on their site somewhere.
Hope that helps if there are any concerns. Some of their stuff is really interesting. I’m most likely going to purchase their new Current fixed blade as a companion to the Spyderco waterway and salt native 5.
As for the OP, I’d be interested to know if they still own/like the knife and how it has held up if so.
Prove it. Cause I don't really trust what some rando said that the company claimed. If it really is true that's good for those who bought one and like the design and use.

I would think that if they were made in the U.S. they’d be much more open about their knives’ origins. At least most American knife manufacturers are.

I don’t know 100% either way, because I literally just heard of them from this thread.

Hey guys and gals, I just bought a new knife! Shocking, I know. But this is the first knife I bought without handling, it was a leap of faith and boy was I glad I did. I saw it and fell in love. The other crazy thing was that it was from a company I had never heard of. $188 is a lot of money, but it would not put undo stress on my finances so I took the gamble and it paid off. I love this knife. Design is excellent as is fit and finish. The only negative is the steel, and it is not really a negative unless you are a steal snob. It is VG 10 which in my opinion is a pretty good steel. I would classify this as a gentlemans folder. The company does small runs of knives, so they are somewhere between a custom shop and a mid tech company.
This is the Quiet Carry IQ
2.9 in blade
3.7 handle
Titanium framelock
What do you guys think
doMhZan.jpg

xG1R70B.jpg

GIhXUI0.jpg
thread's a little old now, but.... I picked up a waypoint in vanax (?) januaryish 2022. It took me awhile to find the problems. Why couldn't it slice phone book paper? Knife comes complete with microchips in the edge. Pivot hex screw is quite loose but tightening it locks the blade, so simply washers used?? I can't find out whether this knife is made in China proper or Taiwan. Taiwan is mostly good, though. I could not say if this knife's blade is truly vanax - kinda seems like maybe hmmm, who knows. About the only blade steel I don't have is Rex 121. I'm suspicious of the steel actually used. So, yeah, this waypoint was the last one for me...

thread's a little old now, but.... I picked up a waypoint in vanax (?) januaryish 2022. It took me awhile to find the problems. Why couldn't it slice phone book paper? Knife comes complete with microchips in the edge. Pivot hex screw is quite loose but tightening it locks the blade, so simply washers used?? I can't find out whether this knife is made in China proper or Taiwan. Taiwan is mostly good, though. I could not say if this knife's blade is truly vanax - kinda seems like maybe hmmm, who knows. About the only blade steel I don't have is Rex 121. I'm suspicious of the steel actually used. So, yeah, this waypoint was the last one for me...

They are made in Taiwan. I don’t know which maker for sure, but they way they do their lock geometry looks very similar to the maker that Spyderco uses. The two Drift’s I have do not have any of the issues you reported.

From the FAQ on their website:

• Where are Quiet Carry products made?​

All current models are made in Taiwan.

Back