I called Ontario Knife Company.

So were you able talk to a real person or did you get please leave a message at the tone?

Wonder how long this subforum will exist, since it's been effectively been abandoned by their representative/moderator.

Good question. Their representative retired and no one else has replaced him.
How do you know that? Or are thinking of Tooj? (While Tooj was always helpful, he was Tooj...not OntarioKnifeCompany, the representative and moderator of this subforum)

Last edited:
IIRC, last person to post as OKC moderator was Andrew. Not sure if he's still with OKC, he was missing from Shot Show 2020 too.

OKC is more or less in cost cutting mode, so I don't expect anyone from OKC to spend much time on this forum, if any at all.

Tooj was always great source of info, especially when OKC stopped advertising what steel they use.
All we got now is "High Carbon Steel, Alloy Carbon steel, Tool Steel, Stainless Steel, Premium Stainless".
Seems OKC is dead set to compete on lower end only. We'll see how that works out...

Those big ontario sp chopper blades can't be beat for the price. Cerberus is awesome and the alpha series share a similar handle shape that is my favorite. RAT blades too, cant beat em. Ontario's way under-appreciated. More ppl should support these great blades, it's the best USA value u can find.

I don’t understand them not wanting to be here.

Instant feedback, on designs, free suggestions, Added sales. I see all benefit. Ten minutes a day would do it.

I’ve been wondering why a company like Case isn’t even here. It cost them nothing but a little time.

i figure evwry single reply or postings by
the respective officially appointed mods
here, must firat obtain board approval :)
wrong information could affect corporate interest. just my 2 cents :)

That might explain why, for months, they've not responded to my inquiry about a defective RAT Model 2.

That might explain why, for months, they've not responded to my inquiry about a defective RAT Model 2.
Probably. Cost cutting and covid logistics in NY.
Mail it to them with a return address and a letter.

• 26 Empire Street, Franklinville, NY 14737

• knifesales@ontarioknife.com

• Toll Free: 800-222-5233
    Phone: 716-676-5527
    Fax: 800-299-2618

Probably. Cost cutting and covid logistics in NY.
Mail it to them with a return address and a letter.

• 26 Empire Street, Franklinville, NY 14737

• knifesales@ontarioknife.com

• Toll Free: 800-222-5233
    Phone: 716-676-5527
    Fax: 800-299-2618

I'll probably just put it in the garbage can and that will be the end of my experience with Ontario Knife Company.

That email was sent months ago. If they cant staff their phones, or reply to an email, I dont see any reason they'll replace the knife.

I had actually forgotten all about it, I'll do the same after the garbage can.

What’s wrong with the knife?

I bought 4 R2D2 for Christmas, one for me, and three for gifts. A couple of months later this one came back to me. This one also was the worst out of the box.

I'm assuming there's some kind of chip or anomaly with the detent ball, it ended up cutting a path along it's track in the blade and now, effectively, does not have detent pressure to stay closed. Its actually dangerous because it comes open in the pocket.

I just swapped his for mine.

I bought 4 R2D2 for Christmas, one for me, and three for gifts. A couple of months later this one came back to me. This one also was the worst out of the box.

I'm assuming there's some kind of chip or anomaly with the detent ball, it ended up cutting a path along it's track in the blade and now, effectively, does not have detent pressure to stay closed. Its actually dangerous because it comes open in the pocket.

I just swapped his for mine.

That’s definitely not safe. I have not had much luck emailing any knife company. Have you had a chance to call them?

If it goes to voicemail I’d probably be done with it too.

Back