I got "The Rarest Bali-Song in the World"!?!

So, I click on this thread a few moments ago to look at this Bali again, and my five year old Son wonders up to the desk.

"Where's the latch?"

It's a Latchless Donnie...

"Latchless....[walking away mumbling...new Balisong term...] Latchless..."

The boy is learning!

Hmmmm.....I wonder if this is the beginning idea of the BM42A?

Congratulations Dawkind on another wonderful knife.;)

Dawkind,
I think(can't swear to it) that Les showed this to me at a
Guild show in Fl.Thought it was nice still do!Congrats.
jim :cool:

:eek: I HAVE TO GO CHANGE MY SHORTS!!!

I posted a response to this before but I can't find it anywhere. Only one question.

How come you see Mr. Sampsons signature in only one of the pics?

7Cain: coupla reasons you don't see the signature [clearly] in the other pics:

The very first pic is showing the whole bali, the lighting is not right to see the signature and the angle is wrong.

On the pic which shows "ATS-34" it is focused on the back of the blade, not the side, plus the angle and lighting isn't right for us to be able to see the sig.

For the last pic if you look closely you can faintly see "Jody" scratched into the blade, it is a lighter color than the rest of the blade.

Hope this helps. :)

That has got to be one of the most beautiful bali's I've ever seen.:D :D Is it the only one.:rolleyes:

Boy howdy! Does this thing have as many magical powers as it looks like? Yowzers! If you were ever going to start fighting crime by night, you now have the bali for it.

Wow that is one beautiful peice. Have you flipped it yet? How does it feel?

Mr. Samson has scribed his name onto some truly incredible pieces of steel. This is, by far, a true masterpiece. Congratulations D. You must be a proud papa

Nate

That is the best looking Bali Ive ever seen. It just has some look to it. I dont get it. But it sure looks great.

Its priceless. Worth whatever you have got if you could get somebody to sell it to you. Well that's a bit of an over statement, I guess. Worth whatever I've got, but I suppose before you traded a couple hundred grand for it, you might want to send a medical team to Botswanna or something. But that knife would have to come second, right behind erradicating desease in a third world country on my spending list.

Forget the Balisong of the Month, this will win the BALISONG OF THE YEAR!!!

Very nice piece sir. Your collection is the envy of us all.

Oh Mah Gawd! Susmariosep !(jesus,mary& joseph put together as they do in the Philippines) Sorry if this offends anybody but right now I am having a religious experience. Anymore pictures like that and I will have to rethink my knifemaking. I just want to have a garage sale and sell my knifemaking equipment! Nice knife D!

D === That is without a doubt the most beatiful bali that I've ever seen. Congratulations on your acquisition. Somehow I'm not shocked that you got it !!

Dawkind, I'm sorry for that stupid remark about the membership. :eek:

The only word I can think of to describe this blade is:

WOW

Smooth, clean lines, a very attractive blade, and a finish to die for...

I'd love to have a 42A with that color finish, it looks more gray than blue, 'till you get close to it...

Much as I'd rather have a bali with a latch, I'd put that piece in a museum. :D

Bravo, Dawkind. :)

First I have to say that that has to be the most beautiful balisong made,no doubt about it.
But I have a question about the knife's value.
I remember when the original seller put this knife up for sale,and if I remember correctly it was pretty high up there,and a few people on the boards were saying how it couldn't possibly be worth what the person selling it was asking for it.
But now that we know for sure that it is a very rare knife,and it is a very expensive knife,what would be the correct amount that this knife is actually worth,what do you think it's true appraisal value is,at least approximately?

Back