I just ordered my production BK16 (for real)

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by C_Tanner, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Kabarcamper

Kabarcamper

Dec 31, 2011
    Looks like I got mine just in time, ordered my 16 around 12 today. Can't wait to get her in my hands

2. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    Today is the day....Hurry up clock!

3. DJG097

DJG097

Apr 19, 2009
    I feel the same way. Not for a 16 though.

4. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    As long as that leaves enough time in the day for Tomars to ship mine, I'm all for it.

5. Dave from State Farm

Dave from State Farm Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I would like to throw some good vibes to Tomars. First order ever with them placed yesterday for a 16, it was listed in stock but being Sunday might not have updated. Anyways, this AM I see the 16 on back order. I send an email saying if they have a 17 or 15, I'd take one of those, as I'll probably end up with them all eventually, and if that's a problem no worries. Less then 10 minutes later, order changed, and a 17 on the way in AM. Excellent!

6. tknife

tknife

Mar 18, 1999
    I did the exact same thing. Ordered from Tomars yesterday, now it's on back order. Nail biting time

7. Mighty1

Mighty1

Aug 17, 2010
    Mine (16/4) are in the post office waiting to be dropped off today sometime.....it's like two miles away....stooopid work.

8. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Does his site not have real-time inventory? I'd imagine that if you were able to place an order before it showed backordered, then there was one for you. Maybe I'm wrong...I hope I'm not!

9. CCMI

CCMI

Aug 4, 2010
    I just got an email from Tomars about my order (I placed it after the site already had the 16 listed as back ordered). John said he was hoping to receive a new shipment in sometime this week, but obviously it depends on when they get their shipment from Kabar.

So even if you ordered earlier and it's now "back ordered" it shouldn't be too much longer.

10. tknife

tknife

Mar 18, 1999
    I placed the order on Sunday so I'm not sure if it updates automatically or not. If it is back ordered, I hope he gets more soon!

11. gentemanndvm

gentemanndvm

Nov 2, 2010
    oh man, oh man, oh man! if i was east coast, i'd have it already:

Priority MailĀ®
    Arrival at Post Office
    April 16, 2012, 5:15 am
    SPOKANE, WA 99223
    Expected Delivery By:
    April 16, 2012

12. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    About 90 minutes till the mail gets here.....

13. Mountain Mike

Mountain Mike

Aug 9, 2011
    Just checked my e-mail and read one of my favorite phrases "Out for delivery"!

14. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    my mail already arrived, with my Wohlwend knife and some coyote brown kydex LOL

15. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    Where are the damn pix!?!?

Stupid 5? You're stupid stupid head :p

;)

16. B.Mauser

B.Mauser

Jul 22, 2011

LOL! Sounds like someones been spending some time trapped in the car with kids lately. :biggrin:

17. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    To much time with the kids period! :D

18. Pokerface

Pokerface Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Am I the only one that didn't like his 16? It felt way too small and doesn't fit the hand well. Oh well! Mine is probably going back.

19. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Nah, my 16 is too small for my hand as well. The handle is too short for me. Still haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do with it. I may end up making some longer scales for it.

20. Pokerface

Pokerface Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2011
    I might just end up sending it back. I wanted it, didn't need it. If I keep it, no matter what I do with it, I'll probably remember that I didn't like it.