I just placed my 1st custom shop order

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I recieved a $180 Visa virtual gift card from work , and decided it would be the perfect time to order the pinned elk stag 505 from the custom shop that I've been thinking about for awhile now.
I'm assuming 6-8 weeks is the regular wait time and that it's longer around this time of year ?
I don't really know, but I have no problem waiting.

My wife ordered a 110 from the Custom Shop as a Christmas gift for me. I asked her just now. She ordered it on November 12th and received it on December 15th. Exactly 33 days from order placed to delivery. That's only her experience but it might give you a ballpark idea of the current wait time.

Here's a 503 in Elk just for the fun of it. An Elk 505 would be a sweet little knife!

View attachment 2437487IMG_5141.JPG

I seem to remember a couple months..maybe 1.5 to 2 range was on my handful...but some might have been faster. I didn't really pay attention.

nice pick btw, should be great.

It will be worth the wait. I order a knife from the custom shop every January or so. Over the last few years have had wait times of just over 3 weeks to as long as 9, each one has been worth it.

It will be worth the wait. I order a knife from the custom shop every January or so. Over the last few years have had wait times of just over 3 weeks to as long as 9, each one has been worth it.
The wait for a custom shop knife in stag sure is going to be shorter than the search to find a stag Buck on Ebay at a price you're happy with in a condition you're willing to gamble on.
I don't know how many years it took me to finally check a stag 305 off my list.

Does anybody know how I can check / review my order?
I Wasn't signed in when I placed my order and had to creat a new account because of their website change and the password reset wouldn't work.

I have the order number, but I see nothing on their site where I can check my order, I'm just a bit worried I may have gotten something wrong because there are no real order detail in my confirmation email to assure me of just exactly what I ordered.
I believe I ordered the 505 with pinned elk horn, but I'd sure feel better about things if I could check my order.

I Wasn't signed in when I placed my order and had to creat a new account because of their website change and the password reset wouldn't work.

I have the order number, but I see nothing on their site where I can check my order, I'm just a bit worried I may have gotten something wrong because there are no real order detail in my confirmation email to assure me of just exactly what I ordered.
I believe I ordered the 505 with pinned elk horn, but I'd sure feel better about things if I could check my order.
call after new year holiday and with order number they can look it up and help ya......

ya could email, but calling is always better.

Don't worry about that. I ordered a custom buck 110 to match the custom 113 my wife got me for Christmas and I had the same concern about the order details in the email. The email doesn't show the details of your custom order, just what knife you did order. It does kind of suck though because IF they did mess something up you have no way of showing them what exactly you did order. It's definitely something that could be improved on their part. An actual detailed breakdown of your custom order in the email would be nice.

Don't worry about that. I ordered a custom buck 110 to match the custom 113 my wife got me for Christmas and I had the same concern about the order details in the email. The email doesn't show the details of your custom order, just what knife you did order. It does kind of suck though because IF they did mess something up you have no way of showing them what exactly you did order. It's definitely something that could be improved on their part. An actual detailed breakdown of your custom order in the email would be nice.
Yeah I'm just second guessing myself because I may have made a mistake.

I'm guessing you built that knife numerous times.

I'm betting you got it right that last time.
😉
I've done it a few times in the past, but only twice that day.
My worry is that I may have forgotten to select the handle pins the final time before placing my order.

Back