I just placed my 1st custom shop order

Lol ain't that the truth. You go in there and build it over and over until one day when you finally pull the trigger on it.
Definitely, I built it with sunset bone numerous times over the past couple years.

I know I'm going to love it in Elk stag, but boy did that sunset bone look good.
Before I kind of thought I was just settling for the sunset bone because of the higher cost for elk, but price wasn't a factor because I had a gift card and I think I might have chosen the sunset bone over elk if it were still available.
Hopefully I'll luck out with such nice elk covers that I'll forget all about it.

I can't believe I was actually able to put this knife out of my mind for an entire month, but somehow I managed and I just received one of the best Emails I've received in a long time.

The status of your order #2055334 has changed to "Shipped".

I thought It said 6-8 weeks when I placed my order, and I was expecting it to be closer to 8 because of the holidays but for it to only take 4 is a pleasant surprise.

I’m jealous, ordered a custom 110 on Jan 25, I have until mid March, according to email.
just be glad you don't have to wait 4-8 months.
I've orderd custom wool vests from a company in Idaho a couple times and had to wait 8 months.
I frequently preorder albums too.
I preordered the latest BlackBerry smoke album back in early October and It doesn't drop till mid February.
I just preordered Charley crocketts new album and I don't know how many months out it is.

I'm not a very patient person at all once an item has shipped, but I can usually keep my mind occupied well enough when I have to wait for a custom or preorder...etc before it'll ship.

just be glad you don't have to wait 4-8 months.
I've orderd custom wool vests from a company in Idaho a couple times and had to wait 8 months.
I frequently preorder albums too.
I preordered the latest BlackBerry smoke album back in early October and It doesn't drop till mid February.
I just preordered Charley crocketts new album and I don't know how many months out it is.

I'm not a very patient person at all once an item has shipped, but I can usually keep my mind occupied well enough when I have to wait for a custom or preorder...etc before it'll ship.
:thumbsup:

I can't believe I was actually able to put this knife out of my mind for an entire month, but somehow I managed and I just received one of the best Emails I've received in a long time.

The status of your order #2055334 has changed to "Shipped".

I thought It said 6-8 weeks when I placed my order, and I was expecting it to be closer to 8 because of the holidays but for it to only take 4 is a pleasant surprise.
Good!

I keep going to the Buck site & customising a 112, but never hit the "Add to cart" button. One of these days. I keep hoping for them to add Magnacut to the blade steel options.

I own every one of their studio albums, they're one of the top greatest rock bands in history if you ask me.

Just wait Buck will probably add that new steel to the custom shop in a couple years by the time something new comes along and people stop caring about it, you'll be wishing they'd add whatever that new steel is to the custom shop at that point. 😆
In all seriousness if you're looking to make a custom shop order you should do it now, I hesitated on my custom shop 505 for a couple years and when I finally went to pull the trigger the sunset bone I liked so much was gone.
I'd probably still have eventually ordered one in elk too, but man I sure wish I could have gotten that sunset bone.

If you put it off too long the cover material you're looking for could be discontinued, heck they may even decide to drop the 112 from the custom shop.

I own every one of their studio albums, they're one of the top greatest rock bands in history if you ask me.

Just wait Buck will probably add that new steel to the custom shop in a couple years by the time something new comes along and people stop caring about it, you'll be wishing they'd add whatever that new steel is to the custom shop at that point. 😆
In all seriousness if you're looking to make a custom shop order you should do it now, I hesitated on my custom shop 505 for a couple years and when I finally went to pull the trigger the sunset bone I liked so much was gone.
I'd probably still have eventually ordered one in elk too, but man I sure wish I could have gotten that sunset bone.

If you put it off too long the cover material you're looking for could be discontinued, heck they may even decide to drop the 112 from the custom shop.
Good points indeed. The Buckeye Burl was nice while it lasted, for example.

I just got my 505, and boy am I impressed.
The F&F is perfect, and the edge is superbly ground on top of being as razor sharp as you should expect from a Buck knife.
20240201_110917.jpg
20240201_111229.jpg
20240201_111021.jpg
20240201_111054.jpg
I wasn't exactly playing with house money here, but I'm quite happy with it and would have no problem placing another custom shop order with my own money.
In fact before the year is up I just may find myself ordering a Custom shop 113.

The F&F is perfect, and the edge is superbly ground on top of being as razor sharp as you should expect from a Buck knife.
View attachment 2479365
View attachment 2479371
View attachment 2479373
View attachment 2479374
I wasn't exactly playing with house money here, but I'm quite happy with it and would have no problem placing another custom shop order with my own money.
In fact before the year is up I just may find myself ordering a Custom shop 113.
It turned out GREAT! Congratulations!

thats a beautiful example, ya got.
To be honest on first impressions the elk covers on it weren't exactly making my eyes light up, but they have been growing on me and at this point I would have to say that I lucked into some decent elk.

I'm sure people have gotten some slightly nicer elk on theirs, but plenty of people have probably gotten some comparably much more plan elk too so I'm thankful that I got what I did.
I assume Buck uses the nicest pieces they can, but I wouldn't expect them to go wasting pieces that are a little more plain.

To be honest on first impressions the elk covers on it weren't exactly making my eyes light up, but they have been growing on me and at this point I would have to say that I lucked into some decent elk.

I'm sure people have gotten some slightly nicer elk on theirs, but plenty of people have probably gotten some comparably much more plan elk too so I'm thankful that I got what I did.
I assume Buck uses the nicest pieces they can, but I wouldn't expect them to go wasting pieces that are a little more plain.
nicest is such a relative term on elk. I like from little bark to full bark. I'm weird that there isn't much elk, or stag for that matter, I dont like. I think yours is beautiful with some good bark in the middle and some bright white on the ends. makes it pop to my eyes.......I dig it.....

nicest is such a relative term on elk. I like from little bark to full bark. I'm weird that there isn't much elk, or stag for that matter, I dont like. I think yours is beautiful with some good bark in the middle and some bright white on the ends. makes it pop to my eyes.......I dig it.....
You're right, nice is a subjective thing.

I am kind of new to stag so I didn't really know my preference till a few months back when I got my 2nd stag 305.
Between the 2 305's and both sides of each I've got a pretty good idea of what I do/ don't like now.
Elk stag is different than Sambar deer stag though so I'll need to get a 2nd knife in elk eventually to nail down my preference here.

It may not be for everybody, but like every knife I get that doesn't have one I had to add a little sharpening choil.
20240202_140012.jpg
20240202_135933.jpg
I remember the 482 I bought about 12 years ago and carried daily for a couple years, the stone eventually began to dig in right there and from the 1st knife I got that had a little sharpening choil I was sold on this feature being something every knife I own should have.

View attachment 2479365
View attachment 2479371
View attachment 2479373
View attachment 2479374
Sweet! I have been wanting a 505, too.

It may not be for everybody, but like every knife I get that doesn't have one I had to add a little sharpening choil.
View attachment 2480865
View attachment 2480866
I remember the 482 I bought about 12 years ago and carried daily for a couple years, the stone eventually began to dig in right there and from the 1st knife I got that had a little sharpening choil I was sold on this feature being something every knife I own should have.
I am also a firm believer but I like your work better than mine.
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5070.JPG

Back