I know you carry a Spyderco, but to what are you list'n?

This is the year I will wrangle the whole melancholy thing and get depression under control:

Meanwhile, it would help me help myself if I had more ideas for music.

What do y'all like listening to?

I'm curious what people who use Spyderco knives listen to. If we like the same things in knives, maybe we will in music?

And better yet, get to hear some good 'chunes, as the Scottish dude said

p.s. I like using y'all because like how Spaniards use vosotros - I'm from California

Last edited:
all over the place is my pace homie!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

edit: because / space is the place / where haste make waste / you eat with gusto / get food all over your face / might as well do it / find your place / take the bitter pill / take the sugar too / then, messy face, you better get ready / ready to play that ace :cool: :p

Last edited:
I must be retarded. Music does little for me even though it's in my dna.

I must be retarded. Music does little for me even though it's in my dna.

when you say it's in your dna, I'm curious what you mean...

when I'm having a hard time, with melancholy, worry or injustice, whatever flavors come through suffering another day, I tend to forget how helpful it can be to just sit down, shut up, close my eyes and exhale

I'll goes years forgetting how motivational, inspiring, etc., art is.

Okay, worst case, you aren't an auditory person - perhaps you're a visual person, perhaps doing things with your hands is what gives more energy than it takes

whatever nourished your spirit my friend. the world needs more of you doing that. music helps me, but so do a constellation of other things

I used to sit around with friend and listen to them rapping, rhyming, singing, dancing, whatever their thing was, they looked like they were having so much fun, enthralled in joy, creation and play, and I wanted so bad to join in harmonious co-creation, but I was so afraid, in so much pain, I couldn't even begin to imagine I was could do something like make words flow

other people could see that wasn't quite true, but, as perhaps you know, it's had to process much when being alive feels like it takes more than it gives, trapped like, I couldn't see that with wise intentions and actions, perhaps there was more possibility than I could imagine at the time

then I found what gives more than it takes, and I may be starting to discover a real voice, and, well...

that's sort of why I'm doing this thread, to share one facet of what helps me do more than merely suffer through the day

like, this is one of those things that helps me let go

Last edited:

now, with Andain, well, you got to be in the mood

that said

when it's good, it's good

and then there are the ever popular remixes :thumbsup:

plus,

Last edited:
when you say it's in your dna, I'm curious what you mean...
Maybe it's that I just didn't inherit that part.
My dad played every stringed instrument, sister played keyboard, mom sang, but they never recorded anything professionally.
One of my brothers made a career playing in two household name groups.
A cousin was a household name at one time.
Several other cousins are known for their music locally.
I've never had any interest in playing or singing myself.

I appreciate a good singing voice, which imo very few people have, including those that do it professionally. Most are irritating to hear.

Same with music. I never intentionally listen, like turning it on when driving. If a passenger wants to listen, I'll tolerate it as long as it's not certain types.

I can't stand the butchered versions of the Star Spangled Banner played at sporting events.

Music and singing are mostly just noise to me, with rare exceptions.

This is the year I will wrangle the whole melancholy thing and get depression under control:

Meanwhile, it would help me help myself if I had more ideas for music.

I'm curious what people who use Spyderco knives listen to. If we like the same things in knives, maybe we will in music?

While I am a fan of all their stuff, 77 was definitely a Grate year

Always makes a good day, a truly Grate Day...

u.w.

Maybe it's that I just didn't inherit that part.
My dad played every stringed instrument, sister played keyboard, mom sang, but they never recorded anything professionally.
One of my brothers made a career playing in two household name groups.
A cousin was a household name at one time.
Several other cousins are known for their music locally.
I've never had any interest in playing or singing myself.

I appreciate a good singing voice, which imo very few people have, including those that do it professionally. Most are irritating to hear.

Same with music. I never intentionally listen, like turning it on when driving. If a passenger wants to listen, I'll tolerate it as long as it's not certain types.

I can't stand the butchered versions of the Star Spangled Banner played at sporting events.

Music and singing are mostly just noise to me, with rare exceptions.

iono

you say you don't like music?

you say you didn't inherent the genes?

the way you type like that, sounds like someone's-a-rap'n to me :thumbsup:

keep you head up / find your voice / just keep on typing / o_O

maybe all you're missing is the right syntonization?

cause maybe you're not hanging around the right people?

listen / harmonize / you already got your own music / play'n along / to that war inside your head /

Last edited:
that snow man is so incredibly creepy / pennywise got 'noting on 'im / donkeys to your red balloons bro / some kids just need to play in tha sno / mannn /

I dig :thumbsup:

Right now watching the Woodstock movie and listening to Jimi Hendricks play the Star Spangled Banner.

Classic! :)

Can't believe that it's been over 50 years since WS was held (and no, unlike the MILLIONS of others who say they were there, no , I wasn't there) when I was just 18 years old.

Just turned 70 and, as we old geezers always say, I just don't know where all the years went and, in my case, I just hope to have a little more time to spend $ on knives (and other things) will still walking the earth.

Wishing you all "peace, love and happiness"! ;)

Last edited:

I would like to offer an alternative suggestion. When depressed or whatever it is you are dealing with, don't listen to depressing music or music about depression. I don't usually listen to metal but at times the chaos of it seems to clear the mind.

I seem to listen to a lot of genesis pink Floyd and arrow smith or the Beatles, only because I have seen there concerts in the past when I lived in LA.calif. besides Hollywood is the music capital of the world! boy I miss those days....

Back