I know you carry a Spyderco, but to what are you list'n?

Aesop Rock (Citronella, Daylight, Gauze), Run The Jewels(Mean Demeanor, Close Your Eyes), Big Wreck (That Song, The Oaf, Albatross, Rest of the World), Chris Whitley (Dirt Floor, Phone Call from Leavenworth, Living with the Law). I find that I can't neglect diet, exercise, and rest. It helps sometimes to hear about what fellow humans have endured or accomplished. Sometimes I can focus on taking care of the people I love. Movement helps, whether it's as simple as doing the dishes or as complex as learning an instrument (or balisong!), even if the emotional state is unchanged, some progress has been made. Getting out of one's head by using your hands is an old prescription with few side effects.

I feel like an outsider.
Placebo.
She wants revenge.
Nirvana .
21 pilots .

I can understand depression (lost my most loved person in Sept of last year) When I’m not listening to the music that reminds me of her I’ve been listening to a lot of 80’s Rock (TS, WASP, AC/DC, ZZ) and Country (Cash, Jr, Walon)

Check out my avatar and you’ll know I’m a blues fan. Nothing better than some good blues tunes. That’s Albert King in my avatar. BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton and others. In my honest opinion, best music ever written

Listing what music I listen too is harder then picking a favorite Spyderco. But for the most part I'm a alternative/rock guy. Last night as I was cleaning all my PM2's and Para 3 and installing their newly cerakoted liners, I dove into my 90's rock that I grew up with.
Garbage, Dinosaur Jr, Deftones, Hum, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. Just to keep it mainstream.
View attachment 1504817

If I really want relax, I listen to instrumentals.
A lot people listen to music (with lyrics) that makes them even sadder.
I like traditional music from Asia, the Middle East, North Africa. I like sitar music a lot.
If I have a specific personal dilemma, I go to Youtube, and try to analyze the behavior, and listen to the advice of mental health professions, or people that have successfully worked through the same issues.
There are endless videos that you can tailor to your personality, situation, or needs.
We utilize many of these videos in the treatment center that I work at.
Good luck. Never give up.

Last edited:
Back