I need an LC!

So apparently the time has come for those of us lacking a light chopper in their arsenal. Unfortunately, I find myself in this particular crowd. I understand this is a particularly limited run happening tomorrow, seeing as how only 4 are being offered. If anyone could find it in their hearts to proxy for me I would be forever grateful! I just got the word that the job I'm on is my "test job" for my core foreman position. Basically how well I do will determine if I get a position with guaranteed pay, and a company vehicle. I absolutely cannot screw this up, and I simply won't have the time to break away long enough to try my hand at picking up one of these tomorrow. Hope I'm not stepping out of line with this thread, but I'm all out of options. No hard feelings either way. This is a great group of people, and I know how much everyone wants one as well. Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll try and proxy for you dude
That would be so awesome. Any help is all I can ask for. Seems every time I set my sights on a particular model they go away. The field knife being replaced by the NASK, and the LC looking to be moving out in favor of the heavy chopper. Ive always preferred light and nimble.
They give rod guys trucks out there?! Sign me up!

Just kidding. A little. ;)
Not all do, but these guys are a great company. I've been paying my dues for years to get to this point with this crew. I'm so close I can taste it. But I gotta keep my head in the game no matter what.

I just saw the thread, and replied. You are the best. No other way to put it. I owe you one. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me that people are kind enough to look out for each other and lend a hand. Anything you need help with in the future, don't hesitate to ask. Unless it's working on your vehicle. You don't want that lol.

I just saw the thread, and replied. You are the best. No other way to put it. I owe you one. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me that people are kind enough to look out for each other and lend a hand. Anything you need help with in the future, don't hesitate to ask. Unless it's working on your vehicle. You don't want that lol.
You don't owe me anything lol :) just enjoy the knife :thumbsup:

They just passed a law in Pennsylvania where you have to breathe through a breathalyzer to start your engine after your first DUI offense.

Good law.

jackal_727 jackal_727 It was impossible for me to score an LC and an EDC on my own. I was always at work when one went up on the Exchange and my key-fu is weak for the Fri. sales.

However, 2 fine CPKnuts stepped up and offered me their LC & EDC at near/below cost. Trust me-- they could have made some hay with the blades they so generously offered me at the reasonable prices they did-- very hot models right now.

It is my experience that knifefolk are a lot like dog people, that is, the best kind of people. And here at the CPK sub I've met a dozen solid guys who I wish were my next door neighbors. I've found the HOGS over at Busse sub to be the same.

So considering Bacon is a full bore blade madman and he's into Busse & CPK...well, it's plain to see why he did what he did...honored to call him a friend. He ticks off all those boxes, right? ;) :thumbsup:

Grats on your LC! Luke did well to come through first from down below.

This bodes well for my chances next week, as I placed extremely low competing from my cell phone riding the point of a freight train.

jackal_727 jackal_727 Did you get through your foreman test? Tell us how it went, man!
Nothing to tell yet. The job I was given to run is my test. I've been a forman for this company for over a year. But there is a position for a core foreman available and I'm at the top of the list. The difference being a foreman gets higher wages on the particular job they run. A core foreman is a paid foreman all the time, no matter what. More money, paid vacation and sick time, company vehicle (or vehicle allowance if you'd rather drive your own), and you always have first shot at OT if it's available. I wasn't supposed to know that this job is my test, but my superintendent is a good guy and likes me so he gave me the heads up. Now I've gotta make it through this job, and make sure the job does well. I'll know for sure sometime in December.
You don't owe me anything lol :) just enjoy the knife :thumbsup:
I appreciate it, and again, thank you. You definitely made my week. I got some strange looks from my family when I logged in after I got home from work and basically yelled and started grinning like a little kid lol.
jackal_727 jackal_727 It was impossible for me to score an LC and an EDC on my own. I was always at work when one went up on the Exchange and my key-fu is weak for the Fri. sales.

However, 2 fine CPKnuts stepped up and offered me their LC & EDC at near/below cost. Trust me-- they could have made some hay with the blades they so generously offered me at the reasonable prices they did-- very hot models right now.

It is my experience that knifefolk are a lot like dog people, that is, the best kind of people. And here at the CPK sub I've met a dozen solid guys who I wish were my next door neighbors. I've found the HOGS over at Busse sub to be the same.

So considering Bacon is a full bore blade madman and he's into Busse & CPK...well, it's plain to see why he did what he did...honored to call him a friend. He ticks off all those boxes, right? ;) :thumbsup:
Agreed. This is definitely one of the friendliest groups around. A lot of great people who truly look out for each other. I'm glad I wound up in here.

Back