I need serious help (please)

I've got a 525 and a 5000----the handles are hell for strong but a bit harsh on your clothes if you clip it to your pocket.

I like mine---even considering ordering a 520----but they are big and bulky compared to most other Benchmades----and hard on your clothes-----I doubt if there is anything much stronger in the line up though.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to pick one and buy it. I have most of them (except the 710, and I've handled one of those). They're all great knives. You won't go wrong with any of them. And you'll probably end up buying most of them, eventually.

But after you've bought the first one, you can decide what you do and don't like about it and start looking for one that fits you better.

I've got four Four Benchmade knives (Five if you count a HK knife made overseas in cooperation with Benchmade), the Sequel, a Griptilian, a Mini-Rukus, and a new Mini Griptilian.

I've gotta say, the full-sized Griptilian is a great carry knife, and while it isn't too bulky, it's still sometimes too big, especially if wearing lighter clothing in this hot weather.

The Mini-Rukus is just too big, to the point where I removed the pocket clip and I carry it in a sheath instead of using it's pocket clip. It's also a great knife, but it's too bulky for my tastes for carry.

Of the other two, I have a new Mini-Griptilian (picked it up just today, and put my own edge on it.) and a 707 Sequel. The Sequel is a great knife, aluminum handle with G10 inlays, and the one I have is a combo edge. I love this knife, and it's great for carry. I just picked up a Mini Griptilian, that's not a combo edge, but I think it's going to replace the Sequel as my primary carry piece, due to the fact that it's not as expensive to replace. It feels a lot better in my hand, and in my opinion, while it's not as expensive, it could be capable of out-performing the Sequel.

So I'd suggest either a Mini-Griptilian or a Sequel. Since you don't have a Mini-Grip on your list, I suggest the Sequel. But if you add it to your list, I think you'll find the Mini-Grip to be (perhaps, since it's really a matter of opinion) much more comfortable in the hand, and easier to hold on to. However, while it is more comfortable in my opinion, the Sequel is still the smallest. Either one of these are, in my opinion, the perfect EDC knife.

Back