I want a Ferrum Forge Buc

FF_Buc_Infographic_f0f0f0-01_20180323112659.png

I want a Ferrum Forge Buc, and then again I don't, but then I look again and I do, I just don't know what I want.
I have plenty of knives, not as many as a lot of y'all, but enough to do what I need to do. I can use that money for something else. Tell me what to do!

FF_Buc_Infographic_f0f0f0-01_20180323112659.png

I want a Ferrum Forge Buc, and then again I don't, but then I look again and I do, I just don't know what I want.
I have plenty of knives, not as many as a lot of y'all, but enough to do what I need to do. I can use that money for something else. Tell me what to do!
Do what you want.

I have one and it gets a lot of pocket time and use. Lots of snail trails on the handle to prove it. Only wish the handle was beefier/taller (not thicker looking down on the back spacer).

I want a Ferrum Forge Buc

Enough said! Get it! Got mine little less than 6 months ago and I’m still bewildered by it. A lot of knife for not a lot of price. For the materials and action you really can’t go wrong. Personally, i think there are better options for an edc, but this is a nice addition either way

I have the Ferrum Forge Gent select, CF, and it's fabulous. If that is any indication, the other Ferrum Forge/MD/We knives should be great too.

Ti really isn't my thing, I prefer scales, especially wood and carbon fiber.

I have come close to pulling the trigger on the buc/dao a few times but that handle looks too skinny. I have a Crux though and it’s a stellar knife just about perfect in every way.

How does the crux handle compare to the buc/dao?

My actual dilemma right now is get the Buc or a Domino, or almost any other Spyderco. I have no plan to resale, but I just feel like Spyderco does have a lot of respect and following. Certainly they have a longer history.

I have a couple of the massdrop offerings and everyone seems to be a very nice knife. They all have great actions and are very smooth. I think you get a lot for the money.I will probably end up getting the buc and the BZ dogtooth frame lock, which seems very interesting.

Well, i have a little under 2 hours to cancel my order.
I'll give my thoughts in a few days.

Edit: Cancelled my order because i don't get paid for my side job (from which i fund all my hobbies) until tomorrow.

Last edited:
That cancellation gave me time to find a Domino, Buc will have to wait.

The Domino is a really nice knife. But will say, if you are looking for a buttery smooth and fast flipper, the MD/WE collabs are very hard to beat for the price. The Domino has a nice action too, but it is a little unique in feel.

The Domino is a really nice knife. But will say, if you are looking for a buttery smooth and fast flipper, the MD/WE collabs are very hard to beat for the price. The Domino has a nice action too, but it is a little unique in feel.

Yeah, I feel obligated to buy the Buc too because I ordered it then canceled it, I know I won't be disappointed, but it'll have to wait another few weeks.

If the $ is going to be used for food, rent/mortgage, electric bills, etc...pass.
If the $ is going to be used for hookers, blow, new curtains, garden gnome(s) ... buy it.

Hooker garden gnomes snorting coke while shopping for curtains?

The Domino is a great knife. Congrats.

If the $ is going to be used for food, rent/mortgage, electric bills, etc...pass.
If the $ is going to be used for hookers, blow, new curtains, garden gnome(s) ... buy it.

I read that Chris Williamson is colaborationg on the new Massdrop garden gnome.
There goes my mortgage money...I’m totally screwed!

Hey OP, we’ve all ben in your spot from time to time. At a certain point, ya just gotta buy the dang knife! :thumbsup::D

Back