I want a Ferrum Forge Buc

The Domino is a great knife and you won't be disappointed Op The Buc is a different animal all together and you really have to love that blade style, it's not for everyone. My son gave me his Gerber Flatiron Cleaver to sharpen and I have to say it's not my style but to each is own and the best thing about that knife is that it was only $35 bucks.
vnzT9Dd.jpg

Got it in Friday afternoon, I carried it that night at work, but haven't had much time actually using it.
My impressions:
giphy.gif

Very knife action, very solid feel, flies open with authority, and feels good in hand.
I have two criticisms. One comes down to personal preferences, the other is more utilitarian.
First, that buc hump is a little too prominant for my taste. I might grind that down, who knows.
The other is the clip. The perfect example of form over function. I'd like to replace it as soon as pops is back up. It snags on anything it comes into contact with and is not deep enough for me.
Oh, and a third thing is the flipper tab. The tip of it is a little aggressive. I found that it grabbed on my rear pocket when pulling it out. Doesn't do the same in my front as the tab is then toward the opening of the pocket. I might just take a little of the edge off, easy fix.

Overall this is a great feeling knife. Not really my taste for edc, but it is a really good looking knife and functions as it should. Nobody would be ashamed to whip this knife out, although they might be hesitant because the blade acreams "check me out! I'm a knife with a prominent blade!"

Back