Photos I want to return a defective Bark River Bravo 1.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a couple of Virtuovice and Dutch Buchcraft Knives videos on Youtube. They were what convinced me to buy my first Bark, I was dismayed when I found out that they mislabel their steels, I paid for fucking Cruwear not A2. I plan to do a rope cut test and find out the results, it should be close to the results obtained by Cedric in his cruwear video.
First, watch the language, this is the family friendly section of the forum.

Second, youtube is full of bad information. All the people you just mentioned have their biases that are well know outside of youtube land. I enjoy youtube videos and reviews too, but you have to watch knowing that they are not much more than biased entertainment. IMO, this forum is a much better source of information, mostly because we are all accountable to what we say.

Last, and most importantly, don't use that knife if you plan on returning it. If you use it in any way at this point, returning it is dishonest. If I were DLT, I wouldn't take a return if you posted about using the knife after you said you were going to return it. And in general, trying to match a test to a biased YouTube review is flawed from the beginning. Don't do it. Get a knife you are happy with on the surface, use it, and determine what you think of the knife.

Last edited:
First, watch the language, this is the family friend section of the forum.

Second, youtube is full of bad information. All the people you just mentioned have their biases that are well know outside of youtube land. I enjoy youtube videos and reviews too, but you have to watch knowing that they are not much more than biased entertainment. IMO, this forum is a much better source of information, mostly because we are all accountable to what we say.

Last, and most importantly, don't use that knife if you plan on returning it. If you use it in any way at this point, returning it is dishonest. If I were DLT, I wouldn't take a return if you posted about using the knife after you said you were going to return it. And in general, trying to match a test to a biased internet review is flawed from the beginning. Don't do it. Get a knife you are happy with on the surface, use it, and determine what you think of the knife.

Firstly, watch your tone. Don't accuse me of being a fraud, I have no intention of returning a used knife or breaking the terms of their return policy. I will test the returned product when it arrives - but perhaps I did not make that clear.

Secondly, while I don't know what the state of this forum is, I completely doubt that users on any forum are held accountable for what they say whereas a Youtube content creator has followers and must keep their integrity to maintain their reputation among them. I trust channels without an agenda where the users actually use the knives and show videos of them using it like Virtuovice.

Last edited:
most importantly, don't use that knife if you plan on returning it. If you use it in any way at this point, returning it is dishonest. If I were DLT, I wouldn't take a return if you posted about using the knife after you said you were going to return it. And in general, trying to match a test to a biased internet review is flawed from the beginning. Don't do it. Get a knife you are happy with on the surface, use it, and determine what you think of the knife.
^Yes, that.
Too many people take unfair advantage of generous return policies. If you're unhappy with it out of the box, and plan to return it due to issues, don't consider it yours to do with as you please. Return it in exactly the condition in which you received it (new and unused) - if for no other reason than to allow the dealer, and ultimately the manufacturer, to accurately assess the issues with the knife.

^Yes, that.
Too many people take unfair advantage of generous return policies. If you're unhappy with it out of the box, and plan to return it due to issues, don't consider it yours to do with as you please. Return it in exactly the condition in which you received it (new and unused) - if for no other reason than to allow the dealer, and ultimately the manufacturer, to accurately assess the issues with the knife.

I explained that I have no intention to returned a used knife. I will test the returned product.

I completely doubt that users on any forum are held accountable for what they say whereas a Youtube account has followers and must maintain their integrity to maintain their reputation.
And you’d be wrong. Knife nuts come here to get unbiased advice from fellow knife nuts, some who have decades in the knife world...users as well as people in the industry.

Secondly, while I don't know what the state of this forum is, I completely doubt that users on any forum are held accountable for what they say
Actually users are held accountable for what they say on this forum. Also, a long time and well established member is trying point out to you what the state of this forum is... you might pay attention to that.
First, watch the language, this is the family friend section of the forum.

Q Quartzz Seems to me you watch too much videos to make up your opinion. And, when getting called up on watching your tone, you get mouthy before even getting the point. Slow down, read, reflect... All good stuff. Your knife may be not all up to snuff like expected (BRK has quite a record of this, sadly...) but it's nothing to get hung about. It happens, you will get stronger and deal with that kind of unpleasant stuff in a more mature way. The first received product (the unsastifactory one) should have been just returned to the dealer with your detailed points. Glitches happen at the most valued factories (and I don't count BRK in). Still, it happens. So, you will "test" the returned product and provide a smashing YouTube review of it before attempting any feedback with the retailer (firstline) or the manufacturer (good luck !) ? Seriously ?

If you look at the time stamps, we were composing our posts at the same time...so you hadn't clarified your intent when I started my comment.

I did, very briefly, consider watching your video; but only because I was curious about the size of the hole in the epoxy that you consider a glaring defect. A few pictures would have been faster, and been looked at by more people (as long as they were actually showing, rather than linked).

Welcome to the forum, though. Hopefully, DLT can resolve this to your satisfaction; though I suspect a failure to do so will be more a reflection on you, than them. (You've already said you're exchanging, not returning for a refund, while acknowledging that yours was the last one.)

Firstly, watch your tone. Don't accuse me of being a fraud, I have no intention of returning a used knife or breaking the terms of their return policy. I will test the returned product when it arrives - but perhaps I did not make that clear.

Secondly, while I don't know what the state of this forum is, I completely doubt that users on any forum are held accountable for what they say whereas a Youtube content creator has followers and must keep their integrity to maintain their reputation among them. I trust channels without an agenda where the users actually use the knives and show videos of them using it like Virtuovice.
First, you are in no position to tell anyone to watch their tone, newb. :D

Second, I accused you of nothing. Rather, I advised you against doing something that you said you were going to do. You were not clear that the test would be on the replacement knife. We are accountable for what we say here. You messed up and have now accused me of something based on your error. Might want to think things through a little more before you post.

And to your last point, How's it going listening to those youboob reviewers? Did they forget to mention the mountain of issues with Bark River? Oh that's right, they did. No one holds them accountable. They don't like comment? Disabled. Only have to respond to the strawman and let their "followers" see what they want. Echo chamber. Here, what you say matters in the sense that everyone has a chance to voice their opinion. Like you are finding out, we don't put up with inaccuracies, bias, and other general BS.

And in ending this post, I'm going to advise you to do something many newbs hear when they come in to this community hot, like you, have: Read More and Post Less. Not meant to offend. Get a feel for the place. See what other people are discussing. Use the Search function to see what others have said on matters you are interested in (lots of talk on Bark river if you care to do a quick search). This is the largest knife forum on the internet. So much valuable knowledge here if you choose to access it properly.

Why are the newbies always such hotheads :rolleyes:

OP nobody accused you of anything, I read the same as craytab, it seemed like you were going to test the knife you planned on returning. That's your own bad wording.

On the topic of YouTube reviews, I follow the advice that wisdom comes from many sources. While I do consult YouTube reviews myself I do not always go to the same channels every time and I also do Google searches, many of which turn up posts on this forum.

I did contact DLT just after making this post. I wanted to make a video to get some opinions going and find out more about BR, their shady reputation on forums is nothing like their reputation on youtube reviews, and is quite a shocking discovery.

Do you make this much drama about everything? Just send it back and get a new one or your money back.

If I was DLT or BRK I would refund you and tell you to go elsewhere after the video and joining forums to bash them.

Second, I accused you of nothing. Rather, I advised you against doing something that you said you were going to do. You were not clear that the test would be on the replacement knife. We are accountable for what we say here. You messed up and have now accused me of something based on your error. Might want to think things through a little more before you post.

And to your last point, How's it going listening to those youboob reviewers? Did they forget to mention the mountain of issues with Bark River? Oh that's right, they did. No one holds them accountable. They don't like comment? Disabled. Only have to respond to the strawman and let their "followers" see what they want. Echo chamber. Here, what you say matters in the sense that everyone has a chance to voice their opinion. Like you are finding out, we don't put up with inaccuracies, bias, and other general BS.

And in ending this post, I'm going to advise you to do something many newbs hear when they come in to this community hot, like you, have: Read More and Post Less. Not meant to offend. Get a feel for the place. See what other people are discussing. Use the Search function to see what others have said on matters you are interested in (lots of talk on Bark river if you care to do a quick search). This is the largest knife forum on the internet. So much valuable knowledge here if you choose to access it properly.

Craytab, I am only bothering responding to your drivel because of your entitled, conceited tone with no respect intended. You did accuse me of being a cheat by even doubting my integrity.

Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me I can't tell you off just because you have been posting on a forum longer than me? Fuck off, cunt. Are you that pathetic and mediocre that you think your years of usage on an internet forum entitles you to some kind of status here or in the real world? I can tell based on how personally you have taken me telling you off that you have been spending so much time on the forum that the respect you have been accustomed to has warped your ego and sense of entitlement. And that goes for the rest of you sycophantic forum warriors.

I find it FUCKING (go on report me, like a real man) ridiculous how you actually think people on a forum are held accountable (without knowing the meaning of the word) for the information they post on a public forum. What are you going to downvote them or something? The only form of consequence that can be meted out is banning the account, which honestly to any normal person is not even a consequence at all. I think what you people mean is that your reputations are at stake, because "we are held accountable" is a completely false and self-indulgent statement.

The next point is about your petty argument that content creators are un-credible sources..... It isn't going well for me that is true. Thanks, I actually see that for myself now and I will be using both the forums and YouTube reviews for information. There is some information on youtube that is credible such as Cedric's rope cut experiments, that isn't on any forum. Furthermore, while it seems YouTube isn't a good place for information, forums are full of misleading, biased and false information just like YouTube because as I said and have no success trying to get through into your thick skulls: There is no accountability on a forum because this is the internet.

Craytab, to you in particular for being a pompous cunt: Take your advice and shove it up your asshole (actually your head, because that's worth less).

(You've already said you're exchanging, not returning for a refund, while acknowledging that yours was the last one.)
Congratulations, you win a nobel prize in logical extrapolation even though the fact that I said it means I am aware of this situation and thus don't need to be warned of an already stated-fact, which is a redundant statement itself.

So long Blade Forums, it has been somewhat enlightening and very unpleasant because of the repulsive self-indulgent and status based culture.

Reactions: DMG
Bro, you go from 0 to 100 reeeeal quick! Relax, it's just a knife. If you don't like it or aren't satisfied, simply return it. Then maybe ask what people would suggest for a replacement. I'd go with something from Carothers Performance Knives personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back