I wonder what we will see in 2016?

That's 4 for a 3V kukri!

I'm also happy to see other blades in 3V, but a production kukri in 3V would be a unique offering. Noone else is doing that.

What I hope for is more non-mall ninja type knives. CS makes a superior product but many will not try them because some of the designs are like that.

What I hope for is more non-mall ninja type knives. CS makes a superior product but many will not try them because some of the designs are like that.

If people are too stupid to try a company cause they think some of those company's knives are too "mall ninja", I really, truly hope Cold Steel doesn't even THINK about changing things to cater to those morons.

Id like to see more waveable folders, and more color variations like they did with the Recon. And more Demkos..

Yes, more colors and not just in limited special editions. It would be nice if you could choose between black, olive drab and coyote brown for example. It would also be nice to have the opportunity to choose between coated and non coated blade

Yes, more colors and not just in limited special editions. It would be nice if you could choose between black, olive drab and coyote brown for example. It would also be nice to have the opportunity to choose between coated and non coated blade

Heck, it'd be nice to see some colors that don't look ripped from Call of Duty. How about some blue, orange or red? Variety is the spice of knife, after all. :)

What designs are like "mall ninja?" Most of Cold Steel's designs are either copies of popular designs, or reinterpretations inspired by historical pieces.

People can think they're mall Ninja as much as they'd like . I don't care . If some serious poo goes down I'd rather have a large Espada or Spartan on me than pretty much anything else. Speaking of the Spartan; I'd love to get a version that's blacked out with grippy G10 scales! Kinda like the new Espadas. Also with xhp ![emoji3]

Isipid, that is a great idea. Orange, blue, and other colors would be nice and it does not require retooling. I really like that the Mini Tuff Lite (awesome knife) comes in colors and some of their other knives, such as the Mini Recon 1 would be great in various colors.

I look at the Rajah II as a lightweight and compact alternative to carrying a large blade or machete or hatchet when out in the woods, not necessarily as a self-defense or mall ninja weapon. That's why I think it would be great for it to have a bit more durable 3V blade.

I am pleased with the steel upgrades they have done for 2015. I never had a problem with the previous Aus-8A blade steel though.

I am really liking some of the newer 2015 fixed blades too. The Medium Warcraft Tanto and the AK-47 Field Knife are great additions to their product line.

I hope to see them bring back upgraded versions of their previous models that were discontinued over the past decade or so.

I would like to see Wharncliffe blade shape options in the Recon 1, Voyager or Code 4 lines.

I would like to see Hold Out without holes in handle, with dlc coating and better notch.

A few suggestions. All in order of probability, of course:

1. Black Talon 2 Black DLC Coated

2. Spear point Recon 1 XL with more than one g10 color for the handle (like orange).

3. Folding machete with a 12"+ blade. Bowie, Barong, Gladius or any previously offered blade shape machete. (Great for packs and not having a handle jutting out would be nice.)

4. Talwar XXL 7.5" blade, DLC for the other Talwars, too.

Cold Steel would be the only knife company getting any of MY money in 2016 if they did that.

Last edited:
I really want to see a multitool with the triad lock. I dont want a lot of tools on it. Just a good blade and a good pair of pliers without needing a huge handle. If that would be possible. The tool I use the most on my multitool is always the pliers and the least used would be the blade. I find myself wanting to carry my folder in addition to my multitool because I dont like the blades on my leatherman charge. A cold steel multitool with the triad lock, good pliers, good blade, good handle, and whatever useful tools they can fit in without adding bulk would be awesome.

Back