ICCE Kansas City / Sept 28-30

I read something earlier on this forum re last year’s ICCE...it was said that several makers sold all their knives before the show even opened...could someone explain how that works?..
Last year's show was my first. I'm sure you'll love it. There was plenty of stuff to think about buying. The only thing I noticed was that a few high end pieces said sold on them already. They were still displayed though and could even be carefully handled.

I read something earlier on this forum re last year’s ICCE...it was said that several makers sold all their knives before the show even opened...could someone explain how that works?..

There is an hour at the beginning on Friday for VIP only entrance. Each table holder gets some VIP tickets to allow early entry to those good customers. There are only a very few who sell out in that hour, often the knife remains on the table. VIP tickets are not hard to get if you know any makers who will be there.

There are Collectors, such as myself, that own unique knives from some of the Makers that are ‘on loan’ during the show, counting for some of the ‘Sold Knives’, so folks are able to see them and place orders for such if they so desire.

I’m sure there is a fair amount of wheeling and dealing that goes on the night before over dinner and breakfast the day of the show. ;)

Last edited:
I'll be there to visit, even though it's a 11 hour drive. Unfortunately won't have a table this year.

I'll be there to visit, even though it's a 11 hour drive. Unfortunately won't have a table this year.
Look forward to seeing you. I am heading up Wednesday because I have my technical inspection for Voting status early Thursday. See you there!

For those who are planning to attend the show, I still have a few VIP Passes available. If you pm your contact details I'll get them out to you asap.

I drove down 435 hwy in KC today just north of I-70 and seen a billboard for the show. Finally a bit of local advertising! I have never seen or heard any advertising for this show since it started glad they finally got something out.
This is good to hear! The advertising has sure been lacking in the past!!!

Leaving tomorrow morning. Anyone have any last minute pictures?

Hit the ICCE Show today and it made me sad.....many fewer table holders and the 'crowd' was sparse.

At this rate it won't last much longer, too bad. :(

Well there could have been more people, but those that were there were buying. I asked a few makers if they were having a good show and they all were. Saturday was the really big crowd one maker said, but his sales were good. Some makers (e.g., Ellis, Zieba) had sold most of their work. Met a lot of good people and heard some great stories. I agree, there could have been more makers and there was not one sheathmaker. I fell in love with a few knives though, but just like with women, I only took one home :)

I did my due diligence and bought a knife at the show from Mike Zeiba, because he only had a few.

My son and I went in at Noon and there were a number of empty tables and not the exuberance nor crowd from previous years.

My focus, more than anything, is to see the many friends I only see at this knife show each year since I’ve given up on The Circus referred to as Blade.

I talked to a number of Makers that decided to make knives for the Blade West show in Portland next weekend and not come to KC.

I thoroughly enjoy the time with my son, shooting the breeze, and checking out some incredible knives and I truly hope things work out because it’s close to me.

Having the Hotel Parking Garage full upon arrival this morning was unexpected and I do think there has to be a better venue than the literal middle of Downtown Kansas City where more streets than not are One Way.

I was there in the morning for seminars today then from about 1:30-3:30. Seen alot of empty tables. I usually pic up some knifemaking supplies even that was sparse.
Several guys I talked to were selling some knives though.

It was more intimate because of the smaller size but I got to listen to a number of conversations betweem new and established makers that started "Thanks for coming over, could you take a look at this and give me your opinion..." A great education for a collector.

Back