ID and value help please

That is the old tan canvas micarta like on the ADs you have (you can still see some of the tan color by the blade in the close-up photo). As it would absorb oil from your skin, it would gradually appear to be more reddish; by applying oil to the handle it accelerated this process.

The 2 main colors of micarta on Busse knives back then were either black canvas or tan canvas; black paper and green linen micarta were less common. Eventually snakeskin, tiger hide and other micarta colors became available.
Good eye :thumbsup::D I agree ^^^

As far as the coating color, I think it is one of a limited release called "desert sand" or something like that; as I recall it was lighter than the old tan coating and had darker specks in it.
It's kind of scary when an old guy's memory actually works right for a change. :eek:;):D

Here is the thread by Jerry on the desert sand coating:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/blade-west-mil-overruns-with-desert-sand-finish.673633/

fkctrjt121, Fortunately there are still some photos in the old thread, so you can compare them to your AK; that's a fairly rare one you have!

I have a Busse somewhere here with that coating, dang if I can remember where I put it lol.
Also had a BJ with that coating.

Duramax, gk4ever2 thank you for sharing your knowledge.
I can't seem to remember much from this period.
I did have paper records but I think my wife fed everything important to the dog when I divorced a decade ago:)
I've been researching on here a bit but there are so many photos missing its not easy.
It does look like tan I agree. I'll have a look at the desert sand and compare.

Meaners seem to be quite popular so i thought I'd post this one just because. I don't know if people like Orange, I do.
6OzWW0f.jpg

Some really sweet Steel right there !!!!!!!! I do enjoy orange/black scales :)
That meaner and AD recurve are sweet ! Those custom shop HRs are awesome !!!!!! You don’t see those AT All anymore !!!!

Was just thinking , there’s also :
BadMoJo
Busse Collector

Both good sources of info :)

Always happy to help another Busse collector :) Ok, knife person lol :)

Some really sweet Steel right there !!!!!!!! I do enjoy orange/black scales :)
That meaner and AD recurve are sweet ! Those custom shop HRs are awesome !!!!!! You don’t see those AT All anymore !!!!

You've got some unique pieces in your collection, some I've never seen before. Very cool :thumbsup:

I think back then if you were going to score a Busse it was more likely to be a bit different. The company store never had much stock and the ganza's had limited amounts of cool stuff.

AD's & Meaners in first pic should all be approx .19" thick, this would make them based on the Milganza AD's & Meaners, except these versions were sold @ the Busse Company Store. Black ones look to have Tigerhide canvas micarta, or red G-10. These were def a combo from BCS, same with b&w ("b&tan" lol). BATAC also from BCS, CG thickness, combo unique to BCS.

The group of 3 with the AD recurve. My guess is that you either went to Blade West before last year (the Show is back :)), or participated in Idahoskunk's "LeftoverGanzaaaa". Back at this time, Busse's laser was down, so most blades were sold @ that Show & Ganza sterile/no logo.
HR's are Nuclear Hell Razor & Bowie Razor, 2 limited runs for the HellRazorGanza, along with the HR military overrun- desert sage & olive/tan g-10.

The coating that resembles Sage is probably Desert Olive, slightly darker, mebbe a touch more greenish than sage, IIRC. :)

Pic below shows 2 Nuke AD variants from same Blade West Show, I also have a rounded spine AD recurve variant in satin finish with same handle color G-10.

FB_IMG_1543279415840.jpg

The b&w micarta was actually considered black and tan, I think it was only available on the now defunct Busse company store. At least that's where I got mine

AD's & Meaners in first pic should all be approx .19" thick, this would make them based on the Milganza AD's & Meaners, except these versions were sold @ the Busse Company Store. Black ones look to have Tigerhide canvas micarta, or red G-10. These were def a combo from BCS, same with b&w ("b&tan" lol). BATAC also from BCS, CG thickness, combo unique to BCS.

The group of 3 with the AD recurve. My guess is that you either went to Blade West before last year (the Show is back :)), or participated in Idahoskunk's "LeftoverGanzaaaa". Back at this time, Busse's laser was down, so most blades were sold @ that Show & Ganza sterile/no logo.
HR's are Nuclear Hell Razor & Bowie Razor, 2 limited runs for the HellRazorGanza, along with the HR military overrun- desert sage & olive/tan g-10.

The coating that resembles Sage is probably Desert Olive, slightly darker, mebbe a touch more greenish than sage, IIRC. :)

Pic below shows 2 Nuke AD variants from same Blade West Show, I also have a rounded spine AD recurve variant in satin finish with same handle color G-10.

View attachment 1035997
I have a harpoon-tipped, double-cut AD with those same scales that I got from skunk's ganzaa. I also have a Bowie satin SFNO with the same color handles. I've never seen other examples so it's cool to see yours!

The HR's were indeed from the Razorganza dec 2007. (Nuclear and Pumpkin)

I also participated in 13th knoboganza Nov 2007 and bladewestaganza Sep 2007.

I've never been to any bladeshow unfortunately I bet it's amazing.

Anything else would have been bought from BCS the same time. Nothing after 2008 definately.
Working out the ganza stuff is easier with the use of bussecollector.com and even BF here still has some info up.
I think the AD recurve is 6B, and the orange meaner is 7c from bladewestaganza 07. This ganza was a bit annoying using numbers only.
The AD between them i remember as mil over run I thought came from BCS but I could be making that up

Last edited:
Back