Idaho Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, that is even worse than I imagined.

+1. :(

Is there any way to get this thread to Chris? It looks like the people have spoken, and if I were him, I'd want to hear it.

Another +1. :thumbup:

While I respect the company and the quality of the products, I can certainly dislike a design move especially when it applies globally to all products.

Options? Inside the handles? Much more discrete? I can imagine that if this thread sways the decision and the Idaho made is removed or moved, the few that were created like this will become very rare collectables. :)

They can put it on the inside of the handle if they really want it there. Just a thought.

It's a badge of honor. Idaho is an amazing state. Buck moved here in 2005. I'd kill for a Buck with a 2005 Idaho state maker's mark...

It's a badge of honor. Idaho is an amazing state. Buck moved here in 2005. I'd kill for a Buck with a 2005 Idaho state maker's mark...

LOL, wut? I am from IDAHO and I don't like it!

Better than made in china, but still don't like it.

Still... the only thing that should be stamped Idaho Made is a potato? Seriously? Thank God 99.9% of the country thinks the same thing as you, otherwise we'd become a statewide amusement park like Colorado REAL fast.

Still... the only thing that should be stamped Idaho Made is a potato? Seriously? Thank God 99.9% of the country thinks the same thing as you, otherwise we'd become a statewide amusement park like Colorado REAL fast.

Cause this is totally what were talking about:rolleyes:

Anyway, im glad i picked up a non stamped sebenza last week. I sure wont be buying any new ones:barf:

Ugh. That looks awful. I'm glad I got my June 2010 Small Sebenza 21 before they started stamping that eye-sore into an otherwise elegant and simplistic piece of art. Also looks like I'm going to be searching for a pre-Idaho (PI works for me as an abbreviation) Umnumzaan when the time comes

I agree that a marking on the inside of the handle slab would be better.

Well I was going to buy a brand new large Sebenza but not now. So instead about 20 minutes ago I bought a used large.

Well I was going to buy a brand new large Sebenza but not now. So instead about 20 minutes ago I bought a used large.

I was hoping on getting an S35VN Insingo when they became available, but not if it's going to be showcasing it's proud roots like that. Hopefully they take it off so we can all move on and forget about this little mishap.

I wished they would have asked me if it was a good idea before they did this. ;)

I was hoping on getting an S35VN Insingo when they became available, but not if it's going to be showcasing it's proud roots like that. Hopefully they take it off so we can all move on and forget about this little mishap.

I wished they would have asked me if it was a good idea before they did this. ;)
I have a feeling that Mr. Reeve isn't going to budge on this.

I have a feeling that Mr. Reeve isn't going to budge on this.

As do I, and why should he? Except maybe to sell a few more knives. I'm sure they don't add things just because they feel like it, as with everything on them it has a distinct purpose.

It won't put me off buying new ones, but I definitely don't see an appeal in it.

I prefer no writing on the Sebenza only the Chris Reeve symbol on the front. Why put Idaho made on it? What is the point of doing that?

Got my large insingo back from them today. When I got it new it had the regular sterile lockside and now it came back "fixed" it has the Idaho made lockside. There is a lot less tension on the blade from the new lockbar and does open a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back