If you could have one knife whatwould it be?

Hello all,

As the title says if you had a choice of one fixed blade knife what would it be?Since, I will likely wear it on my belt or vest at work It cant be too big. I do have a few choices here in my head but dont want to bias the answers.

Thanks everyone!

Riese

BTW: This is a great board you guys have here. I've been an AR15.com guy for a while but have gradually been moving towards knives over the years.

No doubt on this one. A Busse Zero Tolerance Natural Outlaw. Intemediate size, thinner stock, not too heavy, outstanding all-rounder.

Welcome to the forums:). The only problem with giving you suggestions is there are waaaay too many options with such little parameters. You could easily get hundreds of varying suggestions, which I don't think would help you very much. On top of that, you can't ask on a knife forum "if we could have only one knife":D. There are people who've been using knives for decades and can't answer that question. Here are some possible parameters you can give us:

Price Range
Steel preference
Give us examples of what types of uses the knife will most likely see
Size preferences
Sheath type preferences

Thanks for your replies. Well my price range is probably up to about $200 (Hopefully less.) Its going to be for duty use (LEO) so there are numerous applications for it. From small stuff like cutting seatbelts to the unlikely but potential need to use it as a defensive tool. I would like something small but not too small to be practical. On the other end of the spectrum it has to be light enough to carry on my vest or belt. Honestly I dont know enough about knives to give you a range as far as size. The problem with sheaths is as I said before I will use it both on a vest and a belt at times so I may need to get an aftermarket sheath for this.

Price Range
Steel preference
Give us examples of what types of uses the knife will most likely see
Size preferences
Sheath type preferences

Ok, I know this is a folder, but if it were me I would go with an Emerson Super Commander. It is waved, and off-duty you can still carry it for pocket deployment. On duty, you can attach it to your vest with the Rapid Deployment Sheath. Watch the video! http://www.emersonknives.com/GearSheath_index.html

That said....the Commander really isn't my favorite knife....the Emerson CQC-12 is. So, if they have (web site isn't up to date?) a sheath that would work with my CQC-12, I would much prefer that knife!!! http://www.emersonknives.com/Tact_index.html

Busse HellRazor, I can chop with it, fight with it! & skin game with it! thats why I have 4 of them now!!!:D

Either a Canadian Special or a Fox River -- both from Bark River knife and tool. They are nearly perfect knives -- IMO

Busse HeavyHeart.Oops, I did not read the 2nd part of the post.
Now my choice is. Fixed blade - Meaner.
Folder - Cuda

Back