If you could have only one...what would it be?

Probably a G10 Delica FFG.

I have one along with a G10 Endura and I DON'T carry them because for EDC I prefer the FRNs but they feel like they would last for years of everyday use. Also, I prefer the Endura size (G10 or FRN) but anytime I'm asked about "only one" I always go with the Delica since it does better in dress clothes or lounge pants/clothes.

FFG Delica 4. It's the right knife for 99% of my EDC tasks and as much as I love the PM2, Domino, and Manix 2, the Delica sees the most pocket time.

Also, lockbacks get pooh-pooh'd as not as "fun" of a locking mechanism but the one handed open and close ergos on the Delica are awesome and the solid clack that it makes when locking open is a beautiful sound.

Dragonfly.

I rotate several knives but the Dragonfly is not in the rotation--it's always in my pocket. It's the handiest knife I own.

I am considering picking up a tattoo or stainless - can't decide what yet though. Want something that will look decent with dress pants....

There a lot of Spyderco's that I could be content with as my only folder but because most of my actual use is out on the ocean I pretty much have to choose the se Pacific Salt. Were I not a fisherman, I would still love the Pacific Salt, but could also be very happy with just a paramilitary 2 or even a Delica.

Fixed Blade? Southfork, hands down.

FFG Delica 4. It's the right knife for 99% of my EDC tasks and as much as I love the PM2, Domino, and Manix 2, the Delica sees the most pocket time.

Also, lockbacks get pooh-pooh'd as not as "fun" of a locking mechanism but the one handed open and close ergos on the Delica are awesome and the solid clack that it makes when locking open is a beautiful sound.

With you 100% on this. ^

I don't currently own one - because I can have more than one Spyderco :cool: BUT if I needed to choose just one it would be the SAGE II. Rugged enough for much that you could ask of it (however - no battoning please) and elegant enough to be an EDC even "decent with dress pants". :D It is a near perfect little knife.

I am considering picking up a tattoo or stainless - can't decide what yet though. Want something that will look decent with dress pants....

With light dress pants I'd go with an FRN just for the weight or maybe even the G-10. Any of them will flop around some but with a stainless you'll feel it.

Already responded but here are my matching pictures:

a3818804f6a6fae49bf85b601e7e35f0.jpg

9264ea09024b335b7496c934f4c8a107.jpg
3ee0838e3095418730d4a180ea1cbb6f.jpg

7a3917490029fddaafea4e33fcb508a5.jpg

Paramilitary 2. In fact, if I could only pick one folding knife for the rest of my life it would be the PM2. The PM2 has kept my SnG's and Sebenzas in the safe. The Military would be a close second.

Spyderco Stretch with a partially serrated blade, forever and always.

@VermontEdge, Daaaaaaaayum. Awesome choices & pictures. :)

I completely agree!

Delica 4 FFG would be my choice. I love many other models, but the Delica wins on pure function and simplicity.

Back