1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

If you could have only one...what would it be?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by brvheart, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Pokerchip

Pokerchip Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Pacific salt SE and Temperance 2

2. A Little Spyder

A Little Spyder

Jul 26, 2015
    Para-Military 2 has always held that special place in my heart...that's why I own 2 :p

3. David From NC

David From NC Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Probably a G10 Delica FFG.

I have one along with a G10 Endura and I DON'T carry them because for EDC I prefer the FRNs but they feel like they would last for years of everyday use. Also, I prefer the Endura size (G10 or FRN) but anytime I'm asked about "only one" I always go with the Delica since it does better in dress clothes or lounge pants/clothes.

4. sharpdentist

sharpdentist

Aug 28, 2015
    Probably G10 Native5.

5. kubelik

kubelik

Oct 16, 2013
    FFG Delica 4. It's the right knife for 99% of my EDC tasks and as much as I love the PM2, Domino, and Manix 2, the Delica sees the most pocket time.

Also, lockbacks get pooh-pooh'd as not as "fun" of a locking mechanism but the one handed open and close ergos on the Delica are awesome and the solid clack that it makes when locking open is a beautiful sound.

6. Lee48

Lee48

Apr 29, 2005
    Dragonfly.

I rotate several knives but the Dragonfly is not in the rotation--it's always in my pocket. It's the handiest knife I own.

7. brvheart

brvheart

Oct 13, 2014
    I am considering picking up a tattoo or stainless - can't decide what yet though. Want something that will look decent with dress pants....

8. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    There a lot of Spyderco's that I could be content with as my only folder but because most of my actual use is out on the ocean I pretty much have to choose the se Pacific Salt. Were I not a fisherman, I would still love the Pacific Salt, but could also be very happy with just a paramilitary 2 or even a Delica.

Fixed Blade? Southfork, hands down.

9. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    With you 100% on this. ^

10. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I don't currently own one - because I can have more than one Spyderco :cool: BUT if I needed to choose just one it would be the SAGE II. Rugged enough for much that you could ask of it (however - no battoning please) and elegant enough to be an EDC even "decent with dress pants". :D It is a near perfect little knife.

11. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    With light dress pants I'd go with an FRN just for the weight or maybe even the G-10. Any of them will flop around some but with a stainless you'll feel it.

12. Rare blade

Rare blade

Sep 21, 2013
    Lum tanto folder.

13. VermontEdge

VermontEdge

Jun 10, 2015
    Already responded but here are my matching pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. NvG79

NvG79

May 24, 2011
    .stupidpost...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  15. Humint

Humint

Apr 1, 2011
    Paramilitary 2. In fact, if I could only pick one folding knife for the rest of my life it would be the PM2. The PM2 has kept my SnG's and Sebenzas in the safe. The Military would be a close second.

16. Nullity

Nullity

Jul 28, 2002
    Spyderco Stretch with a partially serrated blade, forever and always.

@VermontEdge, Daaaaaaaayum. Awesome choices & pictures. :)

17. jascolli

jascolli Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I completely agree!

Delica 4 FFG would be my choice. I love many other models, but the Delica wins on pure function and simplicity.

18. Smooth_Operater

Smooth_Operater

Apr 8, 2013
    For me it would be my Sage 1. I love how smooth it opens and it is the perfect size to use at work or home.

19. Acadian

Acadian Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2015
    hands down my SB

[​IMG]

20. kjd2121

kjd2121

Jun 17, 2008
    Techno and Ratmandu