*If you could Only have (1) PM2/3, which one & why?

Never tried a Para 3 (I know I should and will) because I think it is too small for me. PM2 is about the right size. I have tried only five different PM2s and it is hard to say which one is the best for me. They are digicam DLC s30v, DLT red M390, DLT tan 20cv, KW cf M4, and orange Rex 45.

If I can only keep one, it would perhaps be Rex 45.

I only have 1, the KW exclusive CF/M4 version. I’ve had quite a few, but its the only one I’ve kept. IMO, it’s the best version they have made thus far, and the perfect PM2 for me. Did I mention it has carbon fiber handles and a CPM-M4 blade?!

Cutlery shoppe para 3, the orange pops when using outdoors and the steel in stainless and simple to sharpen

I have only one PM2, plain jane s30v digi camo with satin blade. Yeah, I would like to have some sprint run, but, S30V is still a good steel, and I am touching it up every day, so I really dont need more fancy steel.

But, I will be buying Para 3 LWT, just to have a folding knife that sticks less from pocket.

I have one of each (the standard G10 S30V models) because I see them as a matched pair; each suitable to different tasks. However, if I were required to choose only 1, I would pick the Para Military 2 because I prefer longer knifes and IMO a longer knife (w/in practical limitations) is generally more versatile than a shorter one.

Rex 45 P3. The PM2 is "big" for how pointy and thin the blade is. The P3 is the right size for the intended use of that sharpass tip and thin blade stock. Rex45 because that patina and that SHARPNESS. I have other knives the same size as a PM2 that are better suited for tasks a knife that size would see (read: I got tired of sharpening the broken tip off of my S110V PM2).

View attachment 1060684

Looks sweet did you force or is a natural patina .

Mine would be a digi-cam & satin Para 3... just like the one I carry every day.

1) It's a regular prod model. If something happens to it, I can replace it with the same model in 15 minutes
2) I like S30V (esp Spyderco's) because I know how to handle it and what to expect from it
3) I've always loved the digi-cam patterned G10 that Spyderco uses for its handles
4) The Para 3 is what I wanted Spyderco to do with the original Para-Military model when they announced a new version. I carried a P1 for years because a 3" blade is perfect for my needs (I know there's a little difference in the P1 and P3 blades. I still have
a P1 model for comparison) and I love the compression lock. Otherwise, Just trim & shape the Para 1 handle a bit and call it good.

PM3 is smaller than what I like so we put that one aside right away.
I like the PM2, it's my favorite for EDC. I have 4 of them- blurple/S110V, jade/satin M4, jade/DLC M4, CF/satin M4. If I was keeping just one of them it would probably be the CF/M4 but I would actually be happy with any of the 4 of them.

Para2. Right size for me, real goldilocks stuff in it's overall size, blade length and weight.

Elmax.
No, wait, M4.
Ah, hang on, Elmax.
Oh, umm, M4...

....I'm gonna have to get back to you on that.

LTnLRl0.jpg

I have one of each right now, both in 52100. The P2 was my favorite until I added a deep carry clip to the little one. It hasn't left my pocket since.

PARA 3 CRUWEAR with “smooth” G10 scales & Lynch’s short deep carry sandblasted titanium clip. My pant pockets thank me.

25636342-A484-4839-B365-2A785D21219D.jpeg

Last edited:
Going slightly off the ranch: PM2 or military in cruwear or elmax with translucent dark purple or dark green G-10 a la the PM2 blurple. Not the para 3 too small.

Reactions: vba
Rex 45 P3. The PM2 is "big" for how pointy and thin the blade is. The P3 is the right size for the intended use of that sharpass tip and thin blade stock. Rex45 because that patina and that SHARPNESS. I have other knives the same size as a PM2 that are better suited for tasks a knife that size would see (read: I got tired of sharpening the broken tip off of my S110V PM2).

View attachment 1060684
Well before I had my Rex 45 pm2, I would have said the first cruwear sprint one. My favorite steel, the looks of grey and satin with that crazy sharp mirror edge Tis a thing of beauty. And right out of the factory I had perfect action. The best of any pm2 I've ever handled. Better then or at least equal to my well maintained and polished washers which all are free drop shutty with zero play. Crazy good knife
Second would have been the red dlt m390 one. Its red, its m390 its mine and I love it but not as much as I love cruwear.
I've also been using rex 45 a lot recently and Holy hell.. I'm not sure whether it will replace cruwear as my overal favorite bladsteel but so far it's truly surpassed any expectations I had from it . By a long shot.
For the sentimental reasons as well I'd still pick cruwear, but in a few months I might have to change that. It gives such a great patina just by using it too. That blade has character.. I'm not convinced by the orange scales but it is also something iconic to rex so I'm gonna keep it as is though.
CnRHVbl.jpg

G3v2VDc.jpg

MyxvP5W.jpg

Back