If you could only own 3; what are the Best 3 Victorinox SAKs

To me, the most useful three Vics to own are the one-hand Trekker, the Alox Electrician, and the Alox Pioneer-X. I think those three knives have the most useful toolsets. Which three do you think are indispensable?

Alox Farmer
Alox Cadet (Recruit would work too)
Mini Champ (older version with the orange peeler)

The Mini Champ is my most used as its on my keys.

3 Vic's or 3 Vic models ?
My 3 would be the Classic, the recruit, and the Tinker.
However I cannot own just one classic, and plan to own one for each day of the week.

At the moment I'm of the opinion that I have no reason to own a Victorinox without the toothpick and tweezers, and cellidor is plenty durable enough for me.

Compact
Executive
Yeoman

Last edited:
Classic SD, and Explorer are the 2 models I currently own. The Handyman and the Swiss Champ are on the wishlist. As the years advance, I'm finding their magnifying glass one of my favorite and helpful tools. The toothpick and tweezers are a close second.

Classic, one hand trekker, and the huntsman for me. I might go with the super tinker as I've never used the saw on any model, but you never know right.

I prefer the Waiter; it's managed picnics all over the world for me. And those little keychain lobsters; I've lost track of how many of those I've owned.

1. Victorinox GAK (German Army Knife) = the Victorinox “Trekker”, only with olive green scales instead of the brightly colored ones on the “civilian” version, and without the little pincers and toothpick.
victorinox-one-handed-german-army-knife-oh-gak
https://www.vicfan.com/2010/11/victorinox-one-handed-german-army-knife-oh-gak/
2. The one hand opened "Trekker".

For me:
Alox Pioneer
Executive
Spartan

I always carry me Executive. I also usually pair that with a Pioneer. But occasionally, I carry my Spartan instead of the Pioneer. My SAKs see use every single day.

Jim

Explorer, Trekker(or Rucksack or Forester), and delux tinker. I don't own a delux yet, but I can't imagine there is much that could not be accomplished with those three.

That being said, my current ones that see the most carry are Explorer, Compact and Pioneer X, with Farmer being close behind, and Rucksack rounding out the stable.

Well the answer says more about the user than Victorinox.
1 Victorinox money clip. It is really an Alox'd Ambassador with a wide clip. As a money clip, it is always on my when I'm out while being inconspicuous. Same tools as the Classic, but larger blade & scissors, which give me flexibility in picking any other carry tool.
2 Cadet or Bantam Alox. Sized right, the Cadet gives more to grip. When I go clipless, I like a size between a Peanut and Whittler.
3 Small tinker. I want a bunch of change - Alox that SOB, use the thinness to add a hardened metal file, saw, and/or scissors. Remove the small blade if it helps the size. Useful for exactly what it says.

The Yeoman for my EDC because it's the absolute best, most useful three layer SAK ever made for day to day use as far as I'm concerned and I WILL own one someday!
The Compact (preferably with classy, custom scales) for when I need something thin in an urban environment like weddings and whatnot.
The Huntsman (maybe even the Lite model) for when I'm camping or out and about in the woods (although I would likely have a Leatherman with a saw on me in that scenario).

Back