If you dropped dead today what would happen to your babies?

My wife claims she will enlist the help of someone on this forum to help her sell off my knives if I should croak unexpectedly. I want her to get what they are worth, and for someone who can appreciate them to have them.......and, I sure as hell don't want some new boyfriend of hers getting them! ;) Anyone else thought about where their collection would go?

Really it's probably best if you start sending them out to us now, just to be on the safe side.

(And no, haven't given it much thought.. Maybe all into a big box to go to my niece in 15 years, if she's interested.)

I maintain a spreadsheet listing each knife and the purchase price, and the approximate value.

I update the approximate value occasionally.

My two granddaughters have already made it known which of grandpa's knives that they want, and I have explained to my wife what knives I want each family member to have.

best

mqqn

I've educated my daughter and brother in law so they know my Busse's and kin aren't just some knives. If something were to happen to me they'd go to my brother in law and sister in trust just like my NFA items and firearms. I do need to write something up for the knives just in case. I'd definitely want a few knives to go to some good friends.

My boy get em all.
He woke up this morning, and immediately grabbed his trainer balisong, and stayed flipping while watching cartoons........ he's 2 lol. Not kidding.

I already have a few custom fixed blades that im planing to give to him when he's ready.

Not sure who will be claiming them, but they will be prying them from my cold dead fingers :D

My brother and fiance are the only people who have any idea what they are worth but this makes me think I should make some type of arrangements for them and my firearms

My 2 sons get to pick what they want, but they aren't into knives. So I would like whatever is left over to go to my family nephews and god sons as a pass down gift.

My dad's dad recently passed away and had told him, "If anything happens to me, my safe combinations are in x location." So I felt compelled to tell my dad, if anything happens to me, there's not another soul in the world who can get to my safe combinations. I'm sure nobody would know offhand what anything is worth, and nobody would want my rifles anyway, unless they want to get their ass kicked, as my hunting partner says.

I've educated my daughter and brother in law so they know my Busse's and kin aren't just some knives. If something were to happen to me they'd go to my brother in law and sister in trust just like my NFA items and firearms. I do need to write something up for the knives just in case. I'd definitely want a few knives to go to some good friends.

I'll take care of them... ;) :thumbup:

Yes, my wife already knows who to contact to help her liquidate my Wauseon products...

What she does with the Bird & Trout is up to her....

My wife will keep a few, dole out some to kids and grandkids, and hopefully sell the rest.;)

Very good topic,

His is some food for thought;

This last year a guy I met sent me a text asking what some Busse's are worth since he was not really into them and did not know.
He just picked up a few at the local Gun show.

Turns out a guy at a gun show here in Utah had a table full of Busse and kin knives (about 40 or 50) and some where higher end ones.

The guy I know thought he had the info but could not find it at the time.

He also said the guy was not the owner but a friend of the widow of the guy who used to own the knives and was helping out by selling them.

The troubling thing was they were way way under valued.

Like;

3000.00 worth of knives at current value

For 1000.00 or so

the guy selling and the guy buying did not know any better so no foul there .

I did some research to try and help out the widow before any more were sold so cheap and she did not get what they were worth .

Lots of research and a few days later I found out it was a Blade forum member (no need to name names) who passed last year.

the widow even said she contacted a few forum folks to help per her late husbands instructions (not Busse forum folks) but in 4 months not one person got back to her.

So just leaving to have unspecific forum folks help is not the way to go, make sure you have a friend or contact to help out, someone you trust to do the right thing.

The guy selling the knives, through the widow I finally got a hold of a couple days too late.
He said he did research and found out what most of them were sold for new and just went 40 or 50% of that.

Says he sold most of them 30 or so knives to one guy all at once.

Lesson I learned from this is; as I make a sheath/holster with/for my knives/guns, I am putting a tag on them with what it is (name of the knife/gun) and what the value is at that time.
If they change a bunch I will up date them.

I also have a few friends that I trust that will also Help Nancy out And I am sure Brigham will help too.

A spread sheet is a nice back up but a tangible tag I find will help out when the time comes.

Grim subject but one we do have to look at.

Hope that helps.

David

Last edited:
My Godkids get them (I am lucky they have not done away with me yet !!).

An ASH1 is going in the box with me though ... ;)

I don't know man. I take all the risk, It's going to take a while to sell it.....

I'll give you a hundred bucks.

36b4feb785df45690b00ecf2eb6f50e2729fc83a_preview.jpg

best

mqqn

Back