if you had $150...

About to make another knife purchase, just for pure enjoyment. The only requirements are blade length must not be more than 3 1/2 inches and it must be a folder. Wide range of options, I know. So just tell me what you would get if you had $150 to blow and why! If I dont already own it, I'll probably go with the most recomended knife here

ZT 0801 -- full titanium frame lock flipper with a custom maker design. It's a heck of a buy, especially on the secondary market here. :)

Spyderco Gayle Bradley because it's simply an amazing knife and a great value. It's an extremely hard use folder in gentleman's folder clothes. I really can't recommend it enough. It's gonna take something REALLY special to kick that out of my pocket most days.

For shits and giggles? I have been wanting to try either a micro tech OTF or a spyderco pm2. I also want to try out their all serrated hawk bill in their salt series. If you are looking for a really cool small flipper, you could try a Brous bionic for $159 new or find one on the ex for cheaper. I like mine but traded it for a hogue ex-01 that is pretty slick for that $150 range.

Let us know what you get so I can copy you. :D

I would get a VG10 Caly3.5 and/or a VG10 Stretch because both are now discontinued, gotta snatch em up.

I would get a VG10 Caly3.5 and/or a VG10 Stretch because both are now discontinued, gotta snatch em up.

Wait, wait, wait, WHAT?! The VG10 Stretch is being discontinued?

ugh i just had to go with the manix :(

If I dont already own it ...

So why don't you tell us what you already own so we don't waste time recommending them?

Benchmade Griptilian Doug Ritter RSK MK1 in M390 (Knifeworks Exclusive)

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 or Military

As already mentioned, haunt the BF The Knife Exchange as there are some great buys being posted everyday by dealers and individuals. And really get the most bang for your $150.

Benchmade Griptilian Doug Ritter RSK MK1 in M390 (Knifeworks Exclusive)

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 or Military
These are the goodies!
You could also look at the Spyderco Sage line for some smaller options, as well as the Caly 3/3.5.

I recently picked up a like new pre-owned ZT770CF and I am having a very hard time not liking this knife. The only con for this knife IMHO is that I prefer thinner knives, like a Sebenza, but I understand that this is a thicker blade and needs more handle material to make it very stable (over-built and that is a great thing for this knife) and be able to be used hard, if the situation calls for it. 3.1oz and a 3.25" Elmax blade. ZT really hit the mark. Especially when you can pick one up in the classifieds for under $150.

I'll be honest. I'm not too much a knife fanatic, I like knives, but I've rarely seen a knife under $200 that I would consider a good buy.

Experience wise, spyderco offers a lot for the money.

I'll be honest. I'm not too much a knife fanatic, I like knives, but I've rarely seen a knife under $200 that I would consider a good buy.

Experience wise, spyderco offers a lot for the money.
Haha, I'm not much of a sushi fan but I recommend the escolar :)

Paramilitary 2, if you don't own one. It's a fantastic EDC. However, I'm getting rid of mine, because it doesn't have anything I like in a knife (Titanium, Flipper, Overbuilt).

If I had $150 to burn, I'd get a DPx HEAT.

If $150 fell to the earth in front of me, I'd get a Spyderco Nilakka.

That is all.

ZT 0801 -- full titanium frame lock flipper with a custom maker design. It's a heck of a buy, especially on the secondary market here. :)

Spyderco Gayle Bradley because it's simply an amazing knife and a great value. It's an extremely hard use folder in gentleman's folder clothes. I really can't recommend it enough. It's gonna take something REALLY special to kick that out of my pocket most days.

I back both of these statements :thumbup:

Check the exchange often.

Back