I'm Dreaming Of A "White" Christmas...

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, technically I don't yet have this knife though my wife was kind enough to let me examine it to ensure that it arrived safe and sound before it was rubbed down with mineral oil and placed under the tree.

So, what I can share with you at this point are these images (from Ken Erickson) which were taken a few hours before he finished up the final work on the scales.

This is my first knife with elephant ivory scales and I have to say from the limited face time I've had with it thus far, I think I'm going to like it. A lot!

The rest of the stats are:

3 3/8" Dogleg Jack by Ken Erickson
CPM-154
Pre-ban ivory
2 3/8 oz.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Hope you enjoy this early bit of Christmas cheer! :cool: :thumbup:

Just stunning. Ken's work has become one of my favorites.
Congratulations my friend. I know it is an outstanding knife.

Thanks, Gus! The only thing I treasure even more than one of Ken's knives is his friendship but I must say the knife comes pretty close. ;)

Fortunately for me, my wife knowing that I couldn't be trusted in the vicinity of the tree assuaged my "knife jones" by letting me open up this little beauty I had purchased from Don Hanson a few weeks ago: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6220965&postcount=32

Last edited:
Elliott. Holy $hute ! :thumbup: :D
Merry Christmas ,
-Vince

Whoa Doggie! Good one! You are a lucky man Elliott!
Both Knifely, and Wifely!!:D
May you both have a Healthy and Happy Christmas!

dang. :thumbup:
Thats a great lookin' knife for sure. A real dandy.

Peter
have a marry Christmas

You know, that really is a great looking knife. (and I have studied those pictures closely:D)

(Stay strong, Mrs. Blues. Elliott will come up with all kinds of reasons why he should open it early but don't let him, make him wait until Christmas morning.)

That is gorgeous! Someone must have thought you were a very good boy this year :D.

I'd wish you a Merry Christmas but it looks like it already is...

... Just to be on the safe side, Merry Christmas to you and your family Blues!

Chris

My Don Morrow peanut just arrived! I'm going to wait till christmas to open the box.

That is gorgeous! Someone must have thought you were a very good boy this year :D.

I'd wish you a Merry Christmas but it looks like it already is...

... Just to be on the safe side, Merry Christmas to you and your family Blues!

Chris

Thank you, Chris and to all of my forum brethren for their well wishes. :cool:

I hope this holiday season brings you all the happiness, peace, health and good fortune that you could hope for. :thumbup::cool:

A great knife. A great gift, looks like your having a great Christmas. So a Happy New Year to You and Yours..

Shit, Fire and save the Matches. That's a fine blade. Merry Christmas.

Congratulations Blues! That is sure a beauty, Merry Christmas To you & yours.

Dave

I'm Dreaming Of A "White" Christmas...

Ughhhhh. . . .by the color of those scales. . . . .someone peed in the snow. :p :D

I like that one ! :thumbup: The ivory makes it look all more traditional. . . .and stuff. :D

Back