I'm going CRKT crazy!!!

Why do they have to release all of these awesome knives all at once? It started with the Snap lock and the Aux and then the Batum compact and Pilar. Now GPKnives has the Hi Jinx Z so I had to order that Too! Thank goodness all these knives are on the cheaper side of things, but they are starting to add up.......

Anybody else check out any of the new CRKT knives yet? Let me know what you think of them.....but please no complaints about materials such as steel and handles.

I picked up the Liong Mah Remedy collaboriation and it is fantastic for a $35 knife. A linerless G10 presentation scale would make this knife even better (grippier and lighter).

eosWXqE.jpg

To each their own. I got the 2 machetes, and that's probably all the new CRKT I'll be buying this year cause none of the rest impressed me at all. Even the machetes aren't mindblowing or nothing, I just like getting machetes.

crkt have to be one of the worst companies I've ever bought knives from tbo. gimmick's with budget/junk steel, low quality, and overall ehh. not to mention over priced for what you get

none of the models I got or handled at knife shops were any good. is there a model I'm missing that is actually good from crkt?

I count 1 the eros 2 titanium with ikbs bearings.

I haven't tried the REMEDY yet. is the quality really poor like the rest of crkt knives in general I like the design but not to happy about the material choices.

Last edited:
Well the only crkt i personally kinda like is the eros ss. Aus 8 steel ikbs bearing. Its not bad for the price tbh

Oh yeah crkt knives are bloody overpriced here

Last edited:
crkt have to be one of the worst companies I've ever bought knives from tbo. gimmick's with budget/junk steel, low quality, and overall ehh. not to mention over priced for what you get

none of the models I got or handled at knife shops were any good. is there a model I'm missing that is actually good from crkt?

I count 1 the eros 2 titanium with ikbs bearings, maybe the ripple.

The OP specifically asked for "...no complaints about...steel...".

And as for good models, just about every post in the thread, including yours, has given an example the poster thought was good.

I'm a long time CRKT "hater," but it sounds like they may be worth a fresh look. :thumbup:

The OP specifically asked for "...no complaints about...steel...".

And as for good models, just about every post in the thread, including yours, has given an example the poster thought was good.

I'm a long time CRKT "hater," but it sounds like they may be worth a fresh look. :thumbup:

CRKT can be hit or miss, but out of the 9 folders I have I've only been disappointed by one. They don't put the best edges on the lower end stuff, but luckily it's easy steel to sharpen up.

I've been eyeing the Crossbones. It looks sleek and pretty classy and I don't honestly demand a lot from a gentlemans folder, so the materials are simply a nonissue. I may very well drop a bit of dosh to pick one up and have some competition for my Urban Trapper.

I've been enjoying my crkt harsey ruger go'n'heavy compact (bloody long name). I wish it had a pocket clip, but the ergo's and fit and finish are good. Love the way it looks, is it just me or are Harsey designs gold.

I must admit though the action and lock feel somewhat 'gummy'. I can't quite put my finger on why. Kinda weird.

For the price a bump up to aus 8 would be nice though.

Because I like the Liong Mah collaboration, I wanted to try one of the other CRKTs I've been thinking about for a long time. Arrived today. I removed the assisted opening bar and knocked down all the edges on the liners. It doesn't have a detent when closed so I may add one. If I keep the pivot a little tight it opens just fine and stays in the handle when closed.

d7DDuMn.jpg

Because I like the Liong Mah collaboration, I wanted to try one of the other CRKTs I've been thinking about for a long time. Arrived today. I removed the assisted opening bar and knocked down all the edges on the liners. It doesn't have a detent when closed so I may add one. If I keep the pivot a little tight it opens just fine and stays in the handle when closed.

d7DDuMn.jpg

I always thought those were cool I like the larger version better.

I just got the Hi Jinx Z in the mail and wow this knife is truly impressive! It's basically perfect in every way I haven't come across any flaws yet...

One of my friends gifted to me a CRKT Ignitor; G10 scales, liner lock, assisted opening with a unique method to lock the blade when closed that entails pressing the thumb-stud "into" the blade slightly and then swinging the blade out and away from the handle.

Works good, and the knife is centered and feels of a nice quality.

And it was $20 with a little tool with 1/4" bits and integrated "flashlight" - so you can't beat the price.

The steel is good enough to get sharp enough to shave a forearm and I have not used it enough to be able to tell how often it would need touched up with daily use.

All in all, a better quality knife than I expected.

best

mqqn

I like the Batum and Pilar I've had the reate liong mah remedy and it's great but I probably won't buy the CRKT version although it looks good they have done some good things in the past like the eraser and last years Amicus but they are definitely hit or miss. I recently picked up the Directive and was a little disappointed (you can check my channel for the review).

I haven't purchased a CRKT in awhile, and I only purchased 1. However, that CRKT is one of the knives that got me into knives. It was the M16-14sf.

I've got a few Crkt's from years gone by, had mixed results for f&f as well as performance from their steel. This led me away from them. Some of the current line had my interest until I realized, as always any of the designs I like, aren't lefty friendly. Oh well, I guess it's for the best, between them and some other pricier offerings from other companies, I'd be broke by now!

Back