Recommendation? I'm planning on buying a large, off-the-wall folder to commemorate an event -- a conversation piece

Cold Steel is the way to go. Plenty of big knives with the strongest lock to protect your fingers if ever used!
Big CS knives are cool -- I have a Large Luzon and a Counter Point XL. Great bang for the buck. I had considered the Espada XL, but I don't think it's great value and it's a little pedestrian for this application.

Dang, the Boker Mermaid just isn't big enough probably ...

BO01LG318_02_boker-magnum

CS Kris Ti-Lite?
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Cold-Steel-Kris-Ti-Lite-Liner-Lock--121200

not sure if it is reasonably priced, or even if it is still available. The 5 foot or 6 foot tall Opinel friction folder.

Kershaw strata XL!

I just got the ā€œsmallā€ version and itā€™s such a fantastic folder. 3.8 oz with a 4.5 inch blade, carries well since itā€™s so thing and has a nice thin edge as well. Really underrated and I hope it gets more recognition.

Id also suggest any large cold steel folder, if your looking for strength the triad lock is hard to beat!

A Medford Praetorian TI is pretty off the wall, but likely doesn't fit your price criteria. A cold Steel 4Max may be a good choice.

The Cold Steel Ti-Lite with a 6" Kris Blade has also become a consideration. What's the thinking behind the Kris blade? Greater cutting edge length within the same overall blade length? The kris' ability to "bite" into a cut? Maybe it's just plain bitchen' looking? Thanks!

83pLMja.png

Cold Steel Ti-Lite with 6" Kris Blade​

Back